Welcome to Gaia! ::

Diamond Strawberry

it's an rpg concept track i wrote a few days ago and i guess i really haven't bugged anyone to listen to it so I'm not quite sure how i did. Recently played through Bravely Default on the 3ds and it made me want to start composing these again, so If you'd like to give it a listen and give me some feedback and something i can improve on that'd be great!

Things i'm aware of:
1. Kick bass is too loud at times
2. Starts off kind of slow

link

I just had some fun with it

thanks in advance!

Man-Hungry Cleric

It sounds flawless to me. The only part that kept throwing me off was the transition at 0:58-1:01 (and its repeat later on), probably because there isn't a strong beat to follow.

Diamond Strawberry

S Plissken
It sounds flawless to me. The only part that kept throwing me off was the transition at 0:58-1:01 (and its repeat later on), probably because there isn't a strong beat to follow.
you're probably right. Thanks a lot for the listen!
Wow! I was very surprised by this. I was expecting some rinky dink chiptune song (dont get me wrong there is GREAT chiptune). Hoping none of these harmonies/melodies are borrowed at all because the interplay is great and fits perfectly for some rpg intro-like thing. In terms of musicality this is very spot on.

However, one thing you could work on is the overall compression level. I can tell all instruments are compressed quite hard and I feel you could better accentuate some parts of the song such as the guitar by giving it more of a dynamic edge (ie making it louder than the other instruments). I know this is more or less supposed to be bckground music for a game and the listener isnt really looking for beautiful dynamic activity, but s**t it would sound a hell of a lot more crispy and in-your-face if the whole song wasn't squashed. ^^

very good listen though; Im impressed.

Diamond Strawberry

Mr Knoxx
Wow! I was very surprised by this. I was expecting some rinky dink chiptune song (dont get me wrong there is GREAT chiptune). Hoping none of these harmonies/melodies are borrowed at all because the interplay is great and fits perfectly for some rpg intro-like thing. In terms of musicality this is very spot on.

However, one thing you could work on is the overall compression level. I can tell all instruments are compressed quite hard and I feel you could better accentuate some parts of the song such as the guitar by giving it more of a dynamic edge (ie making it louder than the other instruments). I know this is more or less supposed to be bckground music for a game and the listener isnt really looking for beautiful dynamic activity, but s**t it would sound a hell of a lot more crispy and in-your-face if the whole song wasn't squashed. ^^

very good listen though; Im impressed.
It's all original composition as far as i know! Thanks a bunch for the listen and feedback!

I know for a fact that i need work on the panning and compression bits of mixing but i'll get the hang of it eventually! c:

Loving Elder

This sounds really good. I like the jazzy-esque parts.(If that is even a word) You're going to be giving me ideas now. The only thing I could suggest is on the second repeat, maybe try to add a bit of different variation in chords.
I myself have been in a battle creation mood lately and been doing a few battles.

Diamond Strawberry

Nilla
This sounds really good. I like the jazzy-esque parts.(If that is even a word) You're going to be giving me ideas now. The only thing I could suggest is on the second repeat, maybe try to add a bit of different variation in chords.
I myself have been in a battle creation mood lately and been doing a few battles.
I really should've thought of a variation for the second time around but i decided to just leave it as a repeat. Perhaps i was just lazy and im making excuses, aha.

Thanks a bunch for the listen, i really appreciate it!

Genius

Wow, impressive. I think this sounds exactly like what you were going for.

Diamond Strawberry

Jordancoolbro v2
Wow, impressive. I think this sounds exactly like what you were going for.
thanks a bunch, I really appreciate it!

Diamond Strawberry

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas