Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Businesswoman

Bossa Nova Scotia Osha

It's me playing with the bossa style. cool
I'm trying to learn some new music styles, then try to learn how to arrange melodies into those styles, so i can be all prog like steven schultz.

Funstuff
This started as an experiment studying the beach boy's vocal harmonies.
this has no vocal harmonies... well it sort of does. it's happy.

The Committee Staff Member

Bossa Nova Scotia Osha - Good. It's relaxing, and it makes me want to lounge in a place that has a large aquarium, or on the beach under some palm trees. My only problem with this song is that it's not long enough. I'm sad.

Funstuff - The vocals and drums sound drowned out.

Shirtless Businesswoman

Offizier Wolfgang
Bossa Nova Scotia Osha - Good. It's relaxing, and it makes me want to lounge in a place that has a large aquarium, or on the beach under some palm trees. My only problem with this song is that it's not long enough. I'm sad.

Funstuff - The vocals and drums sound drowned out.

ya, I was only able to whisper sing, since it was late night. so the vocals are terrible.

Shirtless Businesswoman

and the drums is just because i suck at mixing. emo
surprised no complaints about the terrible sounding direct in guitars.

The Committee Staff Member

black vortex
and the drums is just because i suck at mixing. emo
surprised no complaints about the terrible sounding direct in guitars.

I also suck at mixing. I think most people do. lol But it's fine. Practice makes perfect after all.

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
Ehhh, I didn't really like it...
Sounds like something from Animal Crossing to me...
Kinda boring, very simple instrument effects. You can tell that it's all software presets.

The best advice I think I can give you, because I don't really know what kinda genre you're shooting for, is to be your own worst critic. No song should only take one day to make. One song should take months to completely finish, or at least that's how I feel about the music I make, because I'm never happy with my music until I've worked on it for like 5 months or longer.

Obviously I don't mean to work on it every day for months, I just mean you should work on it when you feel inspiration, but don't limit yourself to one day of making music, because you might feel different about it in the future.

Edit:
And I just listened to the other track, and you don't know how to sing.
You're singing out of your nose. Learn how to sing from a chorus teacher or something, because that was probably the most nasally voice I've heard in a long time.

Shirtless Businesswoman

Ugly Words
Kinda boring, very simple instrument effects. You can tell that it's all software presets.

The best advice I think I can give you, because I don't really know what kinda genre you're shooting for, is to be your own worst critic. No song should only take one day to make. One song should take months to completely finish, or at least that's how I feel about the music I make, because I'm never happy with my music until I've worked on it for like 5 months or longer.

Obviously I don't mean to work on it every day for months, I just mean you should work on it when you feel inspiration, but don't limit yourself to one day of making music, because you might feel different about it in the future.

Edit:
You're singing out of your nose. Learn how to sing from a chorus teacher or something, because that was probably the most nasally voice I've heard in a long time.

you must be new around here. cool

as many of the old regs know, I most often d**k around with various genres and make sound experiments. not necessarily songs i intend to ever play or do anything with, but just to try techniques (in that case, bossa rhythm) . as for the 2nd song I'm not a good singer,and extremely nasal (almost as bad as dylan) but to be fair,this that track was not sung /recorded properly at all. (due to it being made at around midnight)

Singing correctly

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
black vortex
Ugly Words

Edit:

as many of the old regs know, I most often d**k around with various genres and make sound experiments. not necessarily songs i intend to ever play or do anything with, but just to try techniques (in that case, bossa rhythm) . as for the 2nd song I'm not a good singer,and extremely nasal (almost as bad as dylan) but to be fair,this that track was not sung /recorded properly at all. (due to it being made at around midnight)

Singing correctly

Lolololololol
Calling me new. I'm not trying to come off as offensive, I'm just being honest. I could've been a lot more critical but I had to go back and edit quite a bit.
I've been here since 06, (SECSY was my old account) I just don't post often because most people who post in here don't know what they're talking about at all.
The only time I do post is when I'm trying to help people or get feedback on my stuff, and that doesn't happen very often because I'm busy with real life.

And I stand by what I said before.
Don't release something unless you feel it's worth releasing and feels finished.

Dapper Businessman

black vortex
Ugly Words

Edit:

Singing correctly

Ugly is a old newfag.
He started being noticable around here right around when death and 4gone stopped posting.

I miss those guys. None of the newfags have been as cool.

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
skumskull
black vortex
Ugly Words

Edit:

Singing correctly

Ugly is a old newfag.
He started being noticable around here right around when death and 4gone stopped posting.

I miss those guys. None of the newfags have been as cool.

emotion_brofist

Shirtless Businesswoman

Ugly Words
black vortex
Ugly Words

Edit:

Singing correctly

Lolololololol
Calling me new. I'm not trying to come off as offensive, I'm just being honest. I could've been a lot more critical but I had to go back and edit quite a bit.
I've been here since 06, (SECSY was my old account) I just don't post often because most people who post in here don't know what they're talking about at all.
The only time I do post is when I'm trying to help people or get feedback on my stuff, and that doesn't happen very often because I'm busy with real life.

Don't release something unless you feel it's worth releasing and feels finished.

(early 04 here, don't recall your other name)
That's just your opinion, but I release a lot of scraps/unfinished/ non produced stuff, showing off new composition techniques i learned, and asking what people think of it musically . Bossa Nova Scotia Osha wasn't a piece to be part of anything other then try composing in another style. (bossa nova) it may be stock synths but it's musical content is still fine. (despite me being lazy and not making turnarounds)

the other track was inspired by beach boy harmonies, but I ended up deviating from that idea, and added a french like major melody over basic rock chords. production wise it may be awful, but musically (as far as rock goes) i'm happy with it. Only changes I would make would be a non root note bass line, and some chord substitutions.

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
black vortex
Ugly Words
black vortex
Ugly Words

Edit:

Singing correctly

Lolololololol

(early 04 here, don't recall your other name)
That's just your opinion, but I release a lot of scraps/unfinished/ non produced stuff, showing off new composition techniques i learned, and asking what people think of it musically . Bossa Nova Scotia Osha wasn't a piece to be part of anything other then try composing in another style. (bossa nova) it may be stock synths but it's musical content is still fine. (despite me being lazy and not making turnarounds)

the other track was inspired by beach boy harmonies, but I ended up deviating from that idea, and added a french like major melody over basic rock chords. production wise it may be awful, but musically (as far as rock goes) i'm happy with it. Only changes I would make would be a non root note bass line, and some chord substitutions.

I was never a real hardcore poster in the musicians forum. I'd usually post a lot within a few weeks and then forget about it. I've been doing that since then pretty much.
Yeah, I like to produce in software a lot so that's why I didn't like it much. It's not terrible but it could use a lot of work in my opinion.

Shirtless Businesswoman

also new music thing i learned from a super in depth musical analysis essay:

min7s over major chords in a melody make some really interesting sounds.

IE: you could play a basic I IV V and ad in 7b over the I, 3b over IV and 4 over V

There's also a big thing about chord substitution not only being just to spice up progressions,
but as to depict mood, and settings of the lyrics. as in if the lyrics are implied monolouge, or like a public exclamation

Loving Elder

Awesome. I love the Bosa Nova and Bossa Nova in general. It's so relaxing and refreshing. I was hoping to hear some steel drums though. sad But oh well. It's still good.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff