Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zeus Botnet's Waifu

Profitable Prophet

6,575 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Give it a listen and tell me what you think?

http://soundcloud.com/brandonyates/monster

Zeus Botnet's Waifu

Profitable Prophet

6,575 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ugly Words
I'm saying all of this out of complete honesty...

The intro sounds really cheesy.
Not a very good synth effect, sounds like something from an N64 game.
The tempo pickup on the bass drum during the "drop" was very anticlimactic.

Dubstep is boring when you hear only a bass line and a drum track together, with no mids or high end sounds (I'm talking about the part before the cheesy harp sounds.)

Harp does not go with dubstep at all... I don't know where you got that idea but it wasn't a good one, in my opinion.

Over all the track itself is very predictable, cheesy and boring to me.

If you want me to go in depth even more about my opinion, I'll gladly do so...
And you have no right to be upset about this. You asked for people to tell you what they think, so expect some criticism.

I'm not upset about your biased and stupid opinion. Again, as you heckled my girlfriend, where's your great music at, kid? And where's your originality? "cheesy and predictable" is what you said before. Come on, that's not even a good thing to repeat over and over. Oh, and now you're blocked.

Dapper Businessman

7 PLAYS HUR-DUR
I'm really curious how you can get in such a huff about people critiquing you when you quite obviously have not been doing this for a while.
How are you slowing down the vocals? it just sounds like you slowed the track instead of quanitizing it properly.
ALSO: are you mixing on headphones?

If you can't take negative criticism, you shouldn't post s**t on the internet, kid.

Zeus Botnet's Waifu

Profitable Prophet

6,575 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
skumskull
7 PLAYS HUR-DUR
I'm really curious how you can get in such a huff about people critiquing you when you quite obviously have not been doing this for a while.
How are you slowing down the vocals? it just sounds like you slowed the track instead of quanitizing it properly.
ALSO: are you mixing on headphones?

If you can't take negative criticism, you shouldn't post s**t on the internet, kid.

7 plays on what? I linked this to "monster", right? It has 368 plays as of this post. That isn't a lot, but it's a lot more than 7. ******** weirdo idiot can't even read. You call me a kid, but you've no idea what my age is, either. There is no quantization on the vocals, or slowing it down. You clearly have no clue what you're talking about since I used professional vocal stems, and just chopped them to my pleasing in elastic time on my pro tools rig. What's up with you GarageBand/FL/audacity hippies and not knowing your s**t?

Zeus Botnet's Waifu

Profitable Prophet

6,575 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Oh, and broski, I've been at this for a long time. I know you have trouble reading s**t sometimes, but that track is eight months old. Thus the title of this thread, which you also misread. Man, I'm never posting in this forum again. Nothing constructive or useful at all. Just a bunch of "trolololl u mad?" and "my music is superior, and you suck" from you guys.

Dapper Businessman

Spooooiiiink
7 plays on what? I linked this to "monster", right?

I was talking about "Oceans".

Spooooiiiink
You call me a kid, but you've no idea what my age is, either.

It as more a reference to maturity than age.

Spooooiiiink
There is no quantization on the vocals, or slowing it down. You clearly have no clue what you're talking about since I used professional vocal stems, and just chopped them to my pleasing in elastic time on my pro tools rig. What's up with you GarageBand/FL/audacity hippies and not knowing your s**t?

I *said* that it didn't sound like you quantized. Elastic audio *IS* just slowing it down or speeding it up (with a pitch-shifter on the end to keep it in key). ALSO: I use Logic in my home studio and Protools HD in the studio I freelance out of.

Get that sand out of your v****a. I do this, partially, for a living. just take the ******** critique and move on.

You still didn't say if you mixed in headphones or not.

Greedy Bloodsucker

I mix on headphones and do a pretty decent job.

I use three different headphones when mixing though.

but then I put my mix through my friends monitors and fix a few things. I really need some good reference monitors because I don't spend enough time mixing with good ones. emo

Zeus Botnet's Waifu

Profitable Prophet

6,575 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
skumskull
Spooooiiiink
7 plays on what? I linked this to "monster", right?

I was talking about "Oceans".

Spooooiiiink
You call me a kid, but you've no idea what my age is, either.

It as more a reference to maturity than age.

Spooooiiiink
There is no quantization on the vocals, or slowing it down. You clearly have no clue what you're talking about since I used professional vocal stems, and just chopped them to my pleasing in elastic time on my pro tools rig. What's up with you GarageBand/FL/audacity hippies and not knowing your s**t?

I *said* that it didn't sound like you quantized. Elastic audio *IS* just slowing it down or speeding it up (with a pitch-shifter on the end to keep it in key). ALSO: I use Logic in my home studio and Protools HD in the studio I freelance out of.

Get that sand out of your v****a. I do this, partially, for a living. just take the ******** critique and move on.

You still didn't say if you mixed in headphones or not.

I do this for a living as well. Oceans is what, three days old? And not the song I linked you to begin with? Stretching, aren't we? And I use some KRK headphones, an Altec Lansing monitor setup, and some sennheiser earbuds to test out the quality on different frequency responsive equipment.

Last I checked, this was the musicians forum, not the engineers. I'm not posting these songs asking how my mixes are, since I don't do intensive mixing until I've finished all the writing and recording of whatever album I'm working on. If you have something useful, helpful, or even remotely musical to say about my compositions, lyrical content, or choice of instrumentation, be my guest. As far as engineering goes, consider these tracks "rough mixes". I'm even relatively certain most of my track descriptions mention not being a final mix. Not positive though, I usually just type weird s**t in the tags box..

EDIT: Elastic audio is the closest you can get to quantization of actual audio files, and since the vocals are obviously not MIDI, they can't be literally quantized in the way you say. On the subject, there isn't any elastic audio on these vocals; they're just chopped and placed where I liked them. I used grid mode; nothing is off time, or whatever you're implying.

Dapper Businessman

Spooooiiiink
And I use some KRK headphones, an Altec Lansing monitor setup, and some sennheiser earbuds to test out the quality on different frequency responsive equipment.

Well, your levels are still just s**t, then. I was going to give you the benifit of a doubt, assuming that you were being forced to mix in headphones.

Spooooiiiink
If you have something useful, helpful, or even remotely musical to say about my compositions, lyrical content, or choice of instrumentation, be my guest.

I'm just going to copypast what someone else said because I don't feel like tying it all out.
"The intro sounds really cheesy.

Dubstep is boring when you hear only a bass line and a drum track together, with no mids or high end sounds (I'm talking about the part before the cheesy harp sounds.)

Harp does not go with dubstep at all... I don't know where you got that idea but it wasn't a good one, in my opinion.

Over all the track itself is very predictable, cheesy and boring to me."

Spooooiiiink
EDIT: Elastic audio is the closest you can get to quantization of actual audio files, and since the vocals are obviously not MIDI, they can't be literally quantized in the way you say. On the subject, there isn't any elastic audio on these vocals; they're just chopped and placed where I liked them. I used grid mode; nothing is off time, or whatever you're implying.

No. No it isnt. Audio quantization is the closest you can get to audio quantization. I didn't say anything about timing. Elastic audio leaves artifacts, and those artifact are making the vocal track sound awkward and low-quality.

Zeus Botnet's Waifu

Profitable Prophet

6,575 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
skumskull
Spooooiiiink
And I use some KRK headphones, an Altec Lansing monitor setup, and some sennheiser earbuds to test out the quality on different frequency responsive equipment.

Well, your levels are still just s**t, then. I was going to give you the benifit of a doubt, assuming that you were being forced to mix in headphones.

Spooooiiiink
If you have something useful, helpful, or even remotely musical to say about my compositions, lyrical content, or choice of instrumentation, be my guest.

I'm just going to copypast what someone else said because I don't feel like tying it all out.
"The intro sounds really cheesy.

Over all the track itself is very predictable, cheesy and boring to me."

Spooooiiiink

No. No it isnt. Audio quantization is the closest you can get to audio quantization. I didn't say anything about timing. Elastic audio leaves artifacts, and those artifact are making the vocal track sound awkward and low-quality.

So basically what you're saying is "You made fun of my friend and blocked him so I'm upset."?

That's the vibe I'm getting right now. Also: the more you incorrectly use terms such as quantization, and misinterpret the reason for artifacts, the less credible you're made to seem.

The artifacts are a result of the original audio being in the mp3 format, which we all know has artifacts, then being further compressed from the original .wav format of the song into an mp3 yet again. Please, tell me again how you're so pro at this?

You can quantize MIDI performances, but the term "quantization" for an actual waveform is engineer jargon at best.

Of course, at this point I see you're just upset that I didn't let your narcissistic friend get to me, and like you do to anyone who disagrees with Ugly Words, you go ahead and bash them for lots of trumped up reasons. I, at the least, was reasonable enough to ignore your idiocy for the fact that the last track you uploaded wasn't, oh, I don't know, a 14 minute track of the same loop over and over made in garage band for nobody else to hear but posted on a public forum?

Damn, son.

Dapper Businessman

Spooooiiiink
So basically what you're saying is "You made fun of my friend and blocked him so I'm upset."?

I don't like that kid.

Spooooiiiink
That's the vibe I'm getting right now. Also: the more you incorrectly use terms such as quantization, and misinterpret the reason for artifacts, the less credible you're made to seem.

How did I incorrectly use terms?

Spooooiiiink
The artifacts are a result of the original audio being in the mp3 format, which we all know has artifacts, then being further compressed from the original .wav format of the song into an mp3 yet again. Please, tell me again how you're so pro at this?

Uhm... if you're so good. why did you use an mp3 in the first place? Also slowing audio leaves artifacts. The two are different. They sound different. That was not a simple "hurr-durr i dithered too much" issue.

Spooooiiiink
You can quantize MIDI performances, but the term "quantization" for an actual waveform is engineer jargon at best.

And that makes you, what? An engineer who doesn't understand the jargon in his industry?
You MUST be a pro.

Spooooiiiink
Of course, at this point I see you're just upset that I didn't let your narcissistic friend get to me, and like you do to anyone who disagrees with Ugly Words, you go ahead and bash them for lots of trumped up reasons. I, at the least, was reasonable enough to ignore your idiocy for the fact that the last track you uploaded wasn't, oh, I don't know, a 14 minute track of the same loop over and over made in garage band for nobody else to hear but posted on a public forum?

Damn, son.

I re-iterate. I dont like that kid. I don't like his faggoty digital dj setup.
I don't like a good amount of his music.
I don't like how he constantly acts like I'm his backup.
Most of all, I don't like when I get lumped in with him.

what the ******** does his music have to do with me? Why not bring up MY music, f*****t?

Zeus Botnet's Waifu

Profitable Prophet

6,575 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
skumskull
Spooooiiiink

I don't like that kid.

Spooooiiiink

How did I incorrectly use terms?

Spooooiiiink

Uhm... if you're so good. why did you use an mp3 in the first place? Also slowing audio leaves artifacts. The two are different. They sound different. That was not a simple "hurr-durr i dithered too much" issue.

Spooooiiiink

And that makes you, what? An engineer who doesn't understand the jargon in his industry?
You MUST be a pro.

Spooooiiiink

Damn, son.

I re-iterate. I dont like that kid. I don't like his faggoty digital dj setup.
I don't like a good amount of his music.
I don't like how he constantly acts like I'm his backup.
Most of all, I don't like when I get lumped in with him.

what the ******** does his music have to do with me? Why not bring up MY music, f*****t?

Because your music isn't terrible, but your opinions and criticisms are. I only have to look on any of your posts in this forum at all to see how you just respond negatively to everyone automatically. That isn't helpful, or useful, it's trolling. I don't care if you're ******** Goerge Martin or Glyn Johns, you're not a useful music critic or even a decent person. You're a griefer who trashes anyone's music who posts on here. The reason that kid thinks you're his backup is because whether or not you know it, you're the *other* musicians forum troll.

As far as jargon in the industry goes, obviously I knew what you meant regardless of the fact you're using such heavy engineer slang on the musicians forum of a primarily non-musical site. Is it that you like being the "big engineer fish" in a little bitty pond, or what? You like bashing on upstart musicians who don't know better? This has nothing to do with your opinion of my track, since you were just defending your buttsex buddy from the start.

Since you're just a troll who's too self-worshipping to see it, I think I'll be kindly blocking you now. Go ahead and bother someone else with your incorrect syntax, improper use of engineering terms, and preachier-than-thou attitude. I'm sure it gets you lots of submissive little friends.
Diamond-studded digital moss on flickering analogue cliffs.. A deep blue-black well swimming with red fish, Venetian red, with highlights of fuchsia and scarlet... a lonely witch stares out at the stars as a great shadow swallows them one by one, and shes listening to Skrillex on here headphones... But, somehow, you feel not all is lost. Thats just what I'm getting from this anyway.

Zeus Botnet's Waifu

Profitable Prophet

6,575 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
SasukeUchiha1484188324201
Diamond-studded digital moss on flickering analogue cliffs.. A deep blue-black well swimming with red fish, Venetian red, with highlights of fuchsia and scarlet... a lonely witch stares out at the stars as a great shadow swallows them one by one, and shes listening to Skrillex on here headphones... But, somehow, you feel not all is lost. Thats just what I'm getting from this anyway.

That's a lot of numbers in your username, miss. Thanks for the compliment, I think?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff