Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Friend

13,475 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Okay so I inherited this Takeharu guitar g-85 from 1975 and I cannot find out how much it's worth! It's kinda rare because the Kiso Suzuki violin company only made these guitars for a few years then suddenly stopped. I would really like to know the worth...
My own guitar is similarly a Kiso Suzuki that a mate of my Dad's originally purchased for about 80 pounds in 1970. At the time that was a fair chunk of change, maybe equivalent to spending a little over a grand on a new guitar. So, not the very most expensive you can get, but certainly something of an investment.

How the current value is then multiplied by the supposed rarity thereof is pretty debatable. The value of vintage guitars is somewhat fluid. For me I wouldn't be selling it in the first place, but I'd recommend taking good care of it. I've never really been able to find much information on their current value. At the time Japanese guitars had the stigma that Chinese ones have today or Korean ones had about a decade ago. Of course now we know the Japanese had relatively solid production standards and build quality. The lack of a recognisable name on the headstock to most probably hurts the value though.

Genius

You should probably consider someone who appraises instruments for a living instead of a bunch of degenerates on a web forum.

Beloved Friend

13,475 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
ahh okay thanks...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers