Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Genius

8,925 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
I just got my Squire Vintage J bass and was wondering what are some good songs to learn and practice on. I can play a little bit of Rammstein (from what I've gathered from YouTube and tablature sites), but other than that not much I can Think of.

Can you recommend any songs to me?
A lot of Red Hot Chili Peppers is your bread a butter as a beginner bassist. It ranges from simple to quite complex and will really improve mobility on the bass. If you find a song too hard, set it aside and try another and once you complete that return to the one that you tried before, you learn something new with each song you play and if you set aside 20 minutes to an hour a day for just bass you'll quickly get where you need to be. I would recommend Dani California by the Chili's as a cool place to start.
Learn how to play Sleep and Om.

Wheezing Lunatic

Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes is supposed to be pretty easy. i dont play bass, but i know a couple people that do. My one of my favorite bass guitarist is Flea of Red Hot Chili Peppers. Some of their bass lines can get pretty intense, but are all great songs.
dollarbillblues
Learn how to play Sleep and Om.

?

Greedy Gekko

2,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Look up Victor Wooten tech vids on youtube, and check into beginner books, reading bass music will help you understand more about the instrument its self, also don't look into just one style of and type of playing since there's a ton out there.

A great thing to have off the bat is a chord chart/book, just so you can have something to look at for chord progress.

( any questions ask me, i teach bass in my town)
Tune a half step down:

Drop C:

And watch this:

These are just off the top of my head. As a bass player I know a lot more.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff