Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quote:
Wow, I never thought of naming my bass, but I guess I'd call it My Baby!! That sucks sooooo much! Did your bass get fixed? You musta been heart broken! And that happens soooo many times on the band bus, one comp. some of our members had to march in random pants since they got switched. And shoes get lost and misplaced all of the time! Good times though, good times.
ya it got fixed, thankfully ^^ it's good as new. And i was indeed heartbroken crying . That's pretty epic because every band nerd i've known has named their instrument XD
I play the bass clarinet and absolutely love it heart bass clarinet players almost seem like a rarity burning_eyes or is that just me? Any way, i just would like to hear from fellow bass clarinet players o.o it would be very nice heart

Questions:
How long have you played your bass clarinet?
What brand of bass clarinet do you have?
Prefered reed? Size?
Any interesting stories dealing with your instrument? With the band you play in?

Share the love! heart

3,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Best. Thread. Ever! I so agree with you, it feels like facebook event anytime you find another bass clarinetist!

>I have been playing for about seven or eight years now ^^

>I believe it is a Selmer, but it was a loaner. Selmers are the best, in my opinions anyway.

Prefered reed? Size? Marie Clare and Vanduran.
>Size 3- 31/2 Possibly a 4, but no time soon.

Any interesting stories dealing with your instrument? With the band you play in?
>When I was audidtioning for reginals my baby borke costing me a seat in it, I missed out by like one or two chairs! My craziest memory would be the trip to districts, anything that happened on the band bus, and of course, running into a door for freshmen year band camp. What about you?
SquirrelTalkWA
Best. Thread. Ever! I so agree with you, it feels like facebook event anytime you find another bass clarinetist!

>I believe it is a Selmer, but it was a loaner. Selmers are the best, in my opinions anyway.

>When I was audidtioning for reginals my baby borke costing me a seat in it, I missed out by like one or two chairs! My craziest memory would be the trip to districts, anything that happened on the band bus, and of course, running into a door for freshmen year band camp. What about you?

>3 years ^^"

>Leblanc

Prefered reed? Size?
>Vanduran 3 1/2, moving on to 4 ^^

>Well, every summer there's this summer youth wind ensemble but i cant ever go to it because i go to california to visit my dad o.o sadness crying but my fellow bass clarinetist borrowed my bass clarinet to audition for this wind ensemble. As she was walking into her audition room, she miraclously dropped my baby on the tile flooring and all the sides keys got bent to the front of the instrument crying this was a practically new instrument. My band director told me this story when i came back from the summer and ended the story with, "needless to say, you're the only one thats ever going to use this instrument." XD
>I have a lot of memories with my band XD too many to list actually. But i especially love during marching season, there's always that occassional exclamation on the bus, "Where's my pants?!" XD only band nerds would understand that <3 And another random question would be, "What's the name of your instrument?" And the name of my instrument just so happens to be it's brand name, Leblanc XD i love it

3,950 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Kimahri-wolf
SquirrelTalkWA

>3 years ^^"

>Leblanc

Prefered reed? Size?
>Vanduran 3 1/2, moving on to 4 ^^

>Well, every summer there's this summer youth wind ensemble but i cant ever go to it because i go to california to visit my dad o.o sadness crying but my fellow bass clarinetist borrowed my bass clarinet to audition for this wind ensemble. As she was walking into her audition room, she miraclously dropped my baby on the tile flooring and all the sides keys got bent to the front of the instrument crying this was a practically new instrument. My band director told me this story when i came back from the summer and ended the story with, "needless to say, you're the only one thats ever going to use this instrument." XD
>I have a lot of memories with my band XD too many to list actually. But i especially love during marching season, there's always that occassional exclamation on the bus, "Where's my pants?!" XD only band nerds would understand that <3 And another random question would be, "What's the name of your instrument?" And the name of my instrument just so happens to be it's brand name, Leblanc XD i love it

Wow, I never thought of naming my bass, but I guess I'd call it My Baby!! That sucks sooooo much! Did your bass get fixed? You musta been heart broken! And that happens soooo many times on the band bus, one comp. some of our members had to march in random pants since they got switched. And shoes get lost and misplaced all of the time! Good times though, good times.

Aged Member

Bass... clarinet? Hmm...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

surprised

Shameless Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
@Captain Booty V: :O

i play clarinet. :O

3,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
i know, i think im the only bass clarinetist at my school... crying its so sad.

>how long?a couple years, its definetly my favorite instrument.

>its not mine, cause i use one that my directors loaned to me from the school, but its a yamaha.

>i use 2 1/2 size reed, thats the only kind i can have...and i buy rico brand.

>i dont..wait, yeah, i was putting my music on my stand, and a trombonist bumped into my bass clarinet, and it started to fall, and i was like, noo!!, so i caught it, and hurt my hand in the process, but the bass was unscratched.lol...

people wonder why i chose to play it, i thought that it would be a good way to stand out, be different from the rest of the clarinets, and now, i am.and pround of it!! heart hmm..a good name for it...i dont know, but this is gonna be ,y last year with this particular bass clarinet cause next year, im goin to be at a different school and yeah...but ill make it last, its name shall be...hmm..any suggestions..?

Business Businessman

How long: At first I started on normal clarinet for like a year and a half, I hated it so then my teacher decided to switch me to Bass Clarinet, After that its been like... 2 years?
The brand: Well the brand of my bass clarinet is leblanc
the reed size I use is: 3 and 1/2, moving on to 4 soon! wink
Story: Once I went to play with my old middle school to help the kids out and i dropped it when i was going to the auditorium emo
Rollin with tha big boys
How long have you played your bass clarinet? 1 year played
tuba before for 4 years , baritone before for 6 years
before that clarinet.

What brand of bass clarinet do you have? 1965 Buffet

Prefered reed? Size? no brand label on it but it is 4

I call ''my'' bass clarinet the little trouble maker. He doesn't like to behave ( after a half hour will not play higher or lower registers ) plus I started in the back by low brass and slowly moved up to sitting next to the clarinets. My director doesn't care.
I play a mix of bass clarinet, tenor saxophone and baritone horn music.
I started bass clarinet because 2 tubas is difficult sharing music. The baritone horn music, my new director took away the treble clef music for no reason.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff