Dapper Businessman

Ugly Words
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull
I am dissapoint.

It's my first dj controller. It's much better than other dj controllers around the same price.
I'm not going to be a tool and play other people's music through it.
It works with logic pro, so it will help with composing in software.

a keyboard controller wih some mixing units like an Axion 25 would be MUCH better for logic.

And turntables with a serato box would be much better for djing.

I have a keyboard controller already. I'm not djing, I'm using it to loop my own sounds and play along with a keyboard at the same time.
It also just came in today biggrin

you... know logic can already do that.... right?

Yeah but it doesn't have buttons and controls that are easily accessible to your fingers. You have to open certain windows and use a mouse to control all that.
I'd rather have more control over what I'm doing and be able to do it much faster than that.
Also playing live would be ridiculously hard to do if I was just using my mouse and a keyboard controller.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Learn to use the program before you go thinking you need a controller to do s**t, kid.

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull

a keyboard controller wih some mixing units like an Axion 25 would be MUCH better for logic.

I have a keyboard controller already. I'm not djing, I'm using it to loop my own sounds and play along with a keyboard at the same time.

Yeah but it doesn't have buttons and controls that are easily accessible to your fingers. You have to open certain windows and use a mouse to control all that.
I'd rather have more control over what I'm doing and be able to do it much faster than that.
Also playing live would be ridiculously hard to do if I was just using my mouse and a keyboard controller.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Learn to use the program before you go thinking you need a controller to do s**t, kid.

Effects controls = command + 2, then shows you a huge mixer board where you have to sift through which tracks you wanna effect, then you have to double click the effect just to be able to open it. After that, using a mouse to adjust digital knobs and such?
I'd rather use a real knob instead of going through all that s**t. Plus switching tracks like that is a hassle, cause I'd have to go back to the huge mixer board again to select which track I wanna effect each time. It's like having a controller with only one knob when you just use a mouse.

Dapper Businessman

Ugly Words
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Effects controls = command + 2, then shows you a huge mixer board where you have to sift through which tracks you wanna effect, then you have to double click the effect just to be able to open it. After that, using a mouse to adjust digital knobs and such?
I'd rather use a real knob instead of going through all that s**t. Plus switching tracks like that is a hassle, cause I'd have to go back to the huge mixer board again to select which track I wanna effect each time. It's like having a controller with only one knob when you just use a mouse.

First off: Hit "x" ******.
secondly, a mixing control surface would do you more good than that "dj" bullshit.

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

secondly, a mixing control surface would do you more good than that "dj" bullshit.

It's the same s**t, only it's not in a new window.
Kty mom.

Dapper Businessman

Ugly Words
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Kty mom.

Unless you are running a second monitor, you dont want that out in a separate window. It's more process intensive for your machine, and it slows down workflow.
THIS would have been more useful and less costly.

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Kty mom.

Unless you are running a second monitor, you dont want that out in a separate window. It's more process intensive for your machine, and it slows down workflow.

It doesn't really matter if it slows down my computer a little bit. It's hard to slow down a computer with 8gbs of ram.
Ahhh, maybe it could've been more useful seeing that I'm still a bit of a noob but I still like what I got. It's really good in comparison to that kind of dj controller around that price range. It has it's own soundcard built into it too. I'm happy with what I have.

Dapper Businessman

Ugly Words
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Kty mom.

It doesn't really matter if it slows down my computer a little bit. It's hard to slow down a computer with 8gbs of ram.
Ahhh, maybe it could've been more useful seeing that I'm still a bit of a noob but I still like what I got. It's really good in comparison to that kind of dj controller around that price range. It has it's own soundcard built into it too. I'm happy with what I have.

On a big session it makes a LOT of difference.
And I know you aren't whoring yourself out quite yet, but once you are, having 50 windows floating around and trying to work like that makes you slower, and makes your customer feel like they aren't getting their moneys worth. So, doing the window thing might work right now, but if you EVER plan on making money, doesn't it make sense to teach youself to work the *right* way sooner rather than later?
#foodforthought

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull

Kty mom.

And I know you aren't whoring yourself out quite yet, but once you are, having 50 windows floating around and trying to work like that makes you slower, and makes your customer feel like they aren't getting their moneys worth. So, doing the window thing might work right now, but if you EVER plan on making money, doesn't it make sense to teach youself to work the *right* way sooner rather than later?
#foodforthought

Ok, ok good point about the windows.
Do you have logic pro? Cause I could use some tips from someone who's more experienced than I am with it.

Dapper Businessman

Ugly Words
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull

Kty mom.

#foodforthought

Do you have logic pro? Cause I could use some tips from someone who's more experienced than I am with it.

Oh hell yes i do.

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull

#foodforthought

Oh hell yes i do.

Well, I need a ******** of tips haha.
Is there a way to keyframe effects?

Dapper Businessman

Ugly Words
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull

#foodforthought

Oh hell yes i do.

I've never heard that term outside of video editing.
Elaborate.

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull

#foodforthought

Oh hell yes i do.

Elaborate.

Lol. I mean to have certain effects come in on their own without me having to change it manually, just have a certain part in the timeline change without me having to make multiple tracks. So basically have an effect come in gradually on it's own without me having to change it with the mixer every time.

I'm more of a video editor than a music producer lol.

Dapper Businessman

Ugly Words
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull

#foodforthought

Oh hell yes i do.

Elaborate.

Lol. I mean to have certain effects come in on their own without me having to change it manually, just have a certain part in the timeline change without me having to make multiple tracks. So basically have an effect come in gradually on it's own without me having to change it with the mixer every time.

The word you are looking for is automation?
Click the automation button and then select the parameter on the effect you want to change, adjust the slope as necessary.

PROTIP: automation should always be the LAST thing you do.

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull

Oh hell yes i do.

Elaborate.

Click the automation button and then select the parameter on the effect you want to change, adjust the slope as necessary.

Thank youuuuu! You're the tits man.

Dapper Businessman

Ugly Words
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull
Ugly Words
skumskull

Oh hell yes i do.

Elaborate.

Thank youuuuu! You're the tits man.

anytime. But i can't stress enough how much automation should be the absolute last thing you do.
Even get a rough master going before you automate. i'm not kidding.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff