Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Genius

2,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
When i record a song on audacity, it sounds so terrible, i dont know if its my voice or do i need some materials like microphone or amplifier XD because when i try to sing on karaoke it sounds good. But on audacity it sounds terrible , btw i only have a built-in mic so, is that the problem?

O.G. Ladykiller

{ It's probably because you're using the built-in mic, and unfortunately there's a limited amount of things you can do to try and fix that. By 'sounds terrible' do you mean it's clipping (distorting) a lot? }

Romantic Genius

2,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
Fern Gullly

{ It's probably because you're using the built-in mic, and unfortunately there's a limited amount of things you can do to try and fix that. By 'sounds terrible' do you mean it's clipping (distorting) a lot? }

yeah i suppose, and my voice doesnt even fit on all of the music i tried to record XD
It's your voice.

O.G. Ladykiller

Death Chrisx
Fern Gullly

yeah i suppose, and my voice doesnt even fit on all of the music i tried to record XD

{ One thing I recommend is turning the input volume down on your computer, this will help with the clipping (a quick google search will tell you how to). Other than that, you can try to eliminate the noise, but it'll just sound weird if there's too much of it in the initial recording. }

Romantic Genius

2,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
Fern Gullly
Death Chrisx
Fern Gullly

{ One thing I recommend is turning the input volume down on your computer, this will help with the clipping (a quick google search will tell you how to). Other than that, you can try to eliminate the noise, but it'll just sound weird if there's too much of it in the initial recording. }

ohh ill try that. how can i make it sound like a karaoke? i mean with echoes or something

O.G. Ladykiller

Death Chrisx
Fern Gullly
Death Chrisx
Fern Gullly

ohh ill try that. how can i make it sound like a karaoke? i mean with echoes or something

{ Have you tried 'echo' under the 'effect' menu? }

Romantic Genius

2,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
Vampire State Building
It's your voice.

really? XD

Romantic Genius

2,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
Fern Gullly
Death Chrisx
Fern Gullly
Death Chrisx
Fern Gullly

{ Have you tried 'echo' under the 'effect' menu? }

yeah but it makes too much delay XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas