Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,950 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Voter 100
Are there any producers on gaia? If so what kind of music do you produce? Also what software are you using to produce? smile

Ok so, I been bad at checking up on this forum so here is my point. I am a Producer/Deejay I've been producing for about 2 - 3 years by now I mainly use Reason, so I'm looking for someone who has that (If you do not have reason and then there is a way around it too) and or is down to either 1. talk music with me or 2. do work with me. I enjoy working with other people. My main thing is dubstep and drum&bass but I do other types of music as well like, trip hop, hip hop, a bit of garage and glitch. I've also done house music as well. Mostly all Electronic Dance Music.

I also work through AIM so if you have an AIM it would be easy to contact through that way as file sharing is really simply though that and I don't trust sharing files though say.. media fire. (I've had tracks and beats stolen from me before). PM me if you're looking for a quicker fast response. If not I shall be also checking this forum for those who are just intrested in having a public conversation. I enjoy music and I love sharing thoughts and ideas and learning from people who also produce.

POST EDITED 4/14/2012

Partying Loiterer

I'm a producer. I do mostly acoustic/indie/pop stuff myself but I'm just finishing up an internship with two multi-platinum winning producers. They've done some well known pop punk albums. And in the Fall I'll be working at one of the largest studios in Nashville. I'm basically just trying to learn every style so that I can take techniques that I like and open up my own studio in the future.

I use ProTools, as that's the industry standard. If you're planning to work in a studio, you will be able to need to know that program. But if you're doing you're own thing, it doesn't matter what software you use as long as you can get out the best possible product.

3,950 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Voter 100
under_the_hood
I'm a producer. I do mostly acoustic/indie/pop stuff myself but I'm just finishing up an internship with two multi-platinum winning producers. They've done some well known pop punk albums. And in the Fall I'll be working at one of the largest studios in Nashville. I'm basically just trying to learn every style so that I can take techniques that I like and open up my own studio in the future.

I use ProTools, as that's the industry standard. If you're planning to work in a studio, you will be able to need to know that program. But if you're doing you're own thing, it doesn't matter what software you use as long as you can get out the best possible product.

Actually I have a studio myself and I currently am using Reason right now and I own Ableton, Studio One, Cubase and FL Studio, with experience in all. Even though Protools is "industry standard" I don't use Protools its not really for me and Protools I feel like is aimed more at hip hop producers then electronic dance music which is what I do. Protools also has having latency problems with anything that is not "designed" for Protools. For example Protools will work on say a Scarlet 2 channel interface but there will be latency however if you use a Mbox or anything from avid (Since avid bought out maudio aka digitech) the efficiency of it is much better. Even if you're not using the same software you can always send over stems and it works just as good with doing collabs with people. Although it can be annoying if you're going back and forth with whoever you're working with to constantly send over stems instead of the file itself.

In my personal opinion no matter what it doesn't matter the software you're using.. There are always ways to go around whatever your software may be lacking, software is all personal preferences. Though, DAWs like Protools and Logic do have better audio exports and the mastering in each of those DAWs are much easier to do, you can make the same beat in say.. FL studio and be awesome at mastering and FL studio and make something just as good in say.. Protools.

3,950 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Voter 100
Also your signature... Big ups! It's always in sunny is the shhhhiiiitt!
Desolate Dream
Are there any producers on gaia? If so what kind of music do you produce? Also what software are you using to produce? smile

Ok so, I been bad at checking up on this forum so here is my point. I am a Producer/Deejay I've been producing for about 2 - 3 years by now I mainly use Reason, so I'm looking for someone who has that (If you do not have reason and then there is a way around it too) and or is down to either 1. talk music with me or 2. do work with me. I enjoy working with other people. My main thing is dubstep and drum&bass but I do other types of music as well like, trip hop, hip hop, a bit of garage and glitch. I've also done house music as well. Mostly all Electronic Dance Music.

I also work through AIM so if you have an AIM it would be easy to contact through that way as file sharing is really simply though that and I don't trust sharing files though say.. media fire. (I've had tracks and beats stolen from me before). PM me if you're looking for a quicker fast response. If not I shall be also checking this forum for those who are just intrested in having a public conversation. I enjoy music and I love sharing thoughts and ideas and learning from people who also produce.

POST EDITED 4/14/2012

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/electronic-music/f-73-official-constructive-criticism-thread-mod-approved/t.62973389/

You should really be in the F.73

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games