Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inquisitive Prophet

For some of us, it's actually hard to like mainstream music or artists because they tend to sound generic and alike. But every once and a while we get a fresh artist that we like very much! Who are the mainstream artists in music that you respect and are entertained by and why?☆ biggrin

In a relationship with Condensed Milk Powder

Ice-Cold Poster

my sides have been blasted into orbit

Relentless Recycler

8,475 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tax Evader 100
I don't really like specific mainstream artists, but certain songs that are really enjoyable... like remember Airplanes by B.O.B. and Hayley Williams? and also Monster by Rihanna and Eminem; Just a Dream by Nelly; and LaLaLa by Naughty Boy; all found in my iPhone playlist razz

Inquisitive Prophet

Flozzard
I don't really like specific mainstream artists, but certain songs that are really enjoyable... like remember Airplanes by B.O.B. and Hayley Williams? and also Monster by Rihanna and Eminem; Just a Dream by Nelly; and LaLaLa by Naughty Boy; all found in my iPhone playlist razz

Yeah, not going to lie I always found Airplanes a good tune. I'm not even a fan of those two but I do like that song. 3nodding
Perhaps major-label artist would be a better choice of term? As it's often major labels that put marketability ahead of any artistic integrity, which would give you every right to have some distaste for it. whereas using the term of mainstream artist may come off as some sort of hipster hideaway lingo.

Anyways, love the rezillos. I spent most of last night playing their 'Can't stand....' album, along with the 'Mission accomplished...' live show. Woke up, began playing it again.

Oh, The Ramones, they were also pretty good liked the bubblegum pop they played around with in the early '80s.

The '60s were pretty good for major-label acts, as the labels seemed to let any oddball have a record contract back then.

Relentless Recycler

8,475 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tax Evader 100
Entressa
Flozzard

Yeah, not going to lie I always found Airplanes a good tune. I'm not even a fan of those two but I do like that song. 3nodding

mhm, glad someone agrees w/ me. The rap lyrics are really good too... "I could use a dream or a genie or a wish, to go back to a place much simpler than this..."

Inquisitive Prophet

Piss Thrower
Perhaps major-label artist would be a better choice of term? As it's often major labels that put marketability ahead of any artistic integrity, which would give you every right to have some distaste for it. whereas using the term of mainstream artist may come off as some sort of hipster hideaway lingo.

Anyways, love the rezillos. I spent most of last night playing their 'Can't stand....' album, along with the 'Mission accomplished...' live show. Woke up, began playing it again.

Oh, The Ramones, they were also pretty good liked the bubblegum pop they played around with in the early '80s.

The '60s were pretty good for major-label acts, as the labels seemed to let any oddball have a record contract back then.

Oh I suppose you're right. I wasn't trying to sound "hipster" or whatever that is. I've heard the term used but never bothered to look it up so I dunno if that's a bad thing or not.
Entressa
Piss Thrower

Oh I suppose you're right. I wasn't trying to sound "hipster" or whatever that is. I've heard the term used but never bothered to look it up so I dunno if that's a bad thing or not.

wink

Inquisitive Prophet

Flozzard
Entressa
Flozzard

mhm, glad someone agrees w/ me. The rap lyrics are really good too... "I could use a dream or a genie or a wish, to go back to a place much simpler than this..."

Yeah I've found rap gets a lot of hate because we hear plenty of rappers rapping about vulgar stuff such as having all the monies, bitches and sex and what-not. But there are some rappers out there who rap about more than that and that song features this so that's nice. smile

Inquisitive Prophet

Skimmed MiIk Powder
my sides have been blasted into orbit

That's unfortunate. ;c

Relentless Recycler

8,475 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tax Evader 100
Entressa
Flozzard
Entressa
Flozzard

Yeah I've found rap gets a lot of hate because we hear plenty of rappers rapping about vulgar stuff such as having all the monies, bitches and sex and what-not. But there are some rappers out there who rap about more than that and that song features this so that's nice. smile

couldn't have said it better biggrin

Nostalgic Phantom

14,000 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Fluff Reclamation 250
I like most of Lana Del Rey's songs a lot. I like some Rihanna & Lady Gaga songs, too.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff