Welcome to Gaia! ::

Music really holds no boundaries. I knew a few Asian kids from my school back in the day that I ended up bumping into at a Flogging Molly concert. So Irish influenced music was their cup of tea and they enjoyed it, I wouldn't shoot them down or say they are bad for it. I may not understand half the stuff sung by Rammstein or Die Apocolypitchstein since most of their work is in German, but I still listen to it because it sounds good. If you like it, listen to it. Just ignore those who say you shouldn't because of racial reasons or language barriers. Heck, one of my cousins seems to find some Mariachi Gangster Rap thats done in Spanish entertaining (don't know what is going through his head... must be the heat from the LA area getting to him) but I personally wouldn't listen to something like that.

Shameless Hoarder

11,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Sorry your parents said all that to you. But you know.. Flea plays some pretty funky a** basslines. Funk is a "black" style of music y'know.

Fashionable Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
What your parents are telling you is bullshit.

Music is music, there is no such thing as "black music", or "white music", or any of that crap.

I'm white and I listen to pop, rock, techno, alturnative, and kpop. I listen to them because I like them.

My mom wishes I liked pop music more then I do, but I can only take so much of songs about love, breakups, and partying.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is you should listen to what you wanna listen to. It doesn't matter what other people think. If you like it, that's all that matters.

Also, about the whole "you should only hang out with people of your own ethinicity" thing, is even bigger bullshit then the music.
If you like them, hang out with them.

Greedy Bloodsucker

Rock is black people music, as is Jazz, Blues, and like 75% of all music. Black people had a huge impact on modern music.
Digital Malevolence
Rock is black people music, as is Jazz, Blues, and like 75% of all music. Black people had a huge impact on modern music.
3nodding
Digital Malevolence

That's because they're better at it
DemonPandaGoRawr
but I'm getting off topic here so I'll just pop the question.

i thought you were about to propose to me.
DemonPandaGoRawr
My favorite band is Red Hot Chili Peppers... My favorite rapper would probably be Eminem or Drake

I was going to say your parents are being dumb, but they're right... Things don't get much whiter than that.

6,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
LordKhrima
DemonPandaGoRawr
My favorite band is Red Hot Chili Peppers... My favorite rapper would probably be Eminem or Drake

I was going to say your parents are being dumb, but theyre right... Things dont get much whiter than that.
How so? Because the red hot chili Peppers were influenced by African American musicians. Their lead singer started off as a rapper and still raps to this day. And Eminem had the best verses of all time in his song renegade with Jay- Z. And Drake is a good rapper no matter how you cut it soooooo wheres the white?

6,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
navybluehoodie
DemonPandaGoRawr
but Im getting off topic here so Ill just pop the question.

i thought you were about to propose to me.
Thought about it. Then I realized that Im not ready for commitment.
Digital Malevolence

ALSO

6,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Teen Zombie
Sorry your parents said all that to you. But you know.. Flea plays some pretty funky a** basslines. Funk is a black style of music yknow.
All they hear is a white guy singing to another white guys awesome bass line rather than breaking down what Im listening to. Also a lot of people dont know that the lead singer started off rapping.
that's pretty sad and stupid.. i could understand wanting you to get more into your heritage and culture like if you're ghanaian or something but all they're looking at is race which is dumb since rock music was invented by black ppl

6,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
the kearney
thats pretty sad and stupid.. i could understand wanting you to get more into your heritage and culture like if youre ghanaian or something but all theyre looking at is race which is dumb since rock music was invented by black ppl
. Ghanaian? Both my parents were born in America as was I. Also, I dont avoid who I am, I just enjoy rock music a lot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff