Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ustareth Merope Riddle
BEAR WITH TRUCKER HAT
MegaAshgirl
Jester Wild
MegaAshgirl
Rock is going anywhere.Idiot listen to Miley Cyrus and Justine bieber and the other crappy pop,R n B,Hip Hop,Techno when Rock music create Hip hop and there never be so much crappy band in the world.
your sig reflects that yeah there is a lot of really ******** shitty music out there
it's things like you killing rock

also rock takes many influences from soul/blues and such it didn't create s**t

People opinion they have different taste in music.My signature just show Andy Sixx (Andrew Birsack) Sing and at the bottom it show BVB and Hawthorne Height fan again what I said above.
I like killing rock.Im confused here.

there are a whole bunch of words here but they don't make any sense at all

I didn't see you as a Kyarypamyupamyu person.

Ponponpon video hooked me and then her next one was even better i think she is adorable

5,050 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Ustareth Merope Riddle
HoodratWarrior
in 20 years there will be a revival.

If you ever say that again, I will kill you.

YES!!! REVIVAL!!!! BY the way Hoodrat....tipped

Tipsy Conversationalist

At first it used to be good, like a few genres and then it expanded...and expanded....and expanded..until KABOOM! It exploded and it rained s**t from the sky.
xX_NocturnalSupremacy_Xx
NichOrion
xX_NocturnalSupremacy_Xx
yσυ αяє ìи ɱy ɗяєαɱʂ
τнє ɗαяkиєʂʂ ìи ɱy єyєʂ
τнє яαρτυяє ìи ɱy ʂcяєαɱʂ

It's going to s**t.

Metal <3

xX_иσcτυяиαʂυρяєɱαcy_Xx

It's not any different than rock... There's a fine line, and not much else to keep the two separated. If you think about it, Metal kinda came from Rock... same thing like Hardcore came from Punk. It's just a very, very large part of the tree that is labeled "Rock". I mean, if you want to try and distinguish the two by using polar bands, like The Beatles and Meshuggah, then that's not even a comparison, more of a contrast. There's a lot of shades of everything, but it still all ties back to Rock.
I just think people are being narrow-minded, and have their world closed out to them because they only see the archetypes of genres rather than EVERYTHING it contains. Rock in itself is uber-ambiguous to just describe a single band... There's just too much in it to say it's going to die.
yσυ αяє ìи ɱy ɗяєαɱʂ
τнє ɗαяkиєʂʂ ìи ɱy єyєʂ
τнє яαρτυяє ìи ɱy ʂcяєαɱʂ

Metal stems from "rock" sure but as for your "it's not any different than rock" statement, I think any sane person would agree that metal and "regular rock" is pretty different. Most people say other genres such as pop/whatever stems from old rock as well, a few people even say most music now stems from old rock too. So that's kind of a duh thing to be saying.

Either way, metal in my eyes, does come from the long long line of rock, but it's definitely different, and I get all the time, how can I like country when I love metal, and that's the thing, I find beauty in all music almost {I listen to anything from country to opera, except gospel/christian music, personal choice}, but to me, the older days of the old Korn, old Slipknot, hell even 80's rock, is far better than what's being put out today. I rarely even know any knew bands unless they really stick out. Everything seems to be the same now. And that's what I meant by it's going to s**t, and I love metal, because as of yet, I have not thought that was repetitive and that all bands were starting to sound the same.

xX_иσcτυяиαʂυρяєɱαcy_Xx

I can agree with you on that... it's just that there's lots of great rock bands that're starting to emerge. There's a couple in my locale, and I'd prattle on and on about The Mars Volta and how it's upping the anti for a lot of rock bands. Now, there's a kind of stigma that rock bands are becoming formulaic, but the great ones stick out... you just have to drag some lakes XD

7,950 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Well Foo Fighters is still alive and well...
They haven't really changed a whole lot since 1995. Some of their songs don't sound like them, but then others really do sound like them
It'll NEVER die completely, or at least not for a good few more decades or centuries anyways I'm sure.

Funny thing is, before the 1950's, record companies wouldn't touch Rock bands with a 10 foot pole. Then when they saw how much people were loving it, how big it was getting, they of course rushed to sign bands and artists. It remained very popular and evolved over the decades. During the 1980's, Hard Rock and Heavy Metal(Metal and all its subgenres are ultimately just subgenres of Rock) ruled the airwaves, and to me the 1980's are easily the best years. All the guitar heroes, all the flash, all the energy, and so on. My personal opinion is that most "real" rock was killed in the 1990's, though it's coming back, and though it never really died in Japan and parts of Europe.

Now, what REALLY makes a band "Rock" at the end of the day? Everyone has their opinions of course, but I'd say one of the main things is being very guitar driven, usually distorted guitars(though not always) Also, though people don't want to admit this, but flash, image and attitude pretty much always have been a huge part of Rock from the Elvis days. I mean I don't care what anybody says, s**t like Kings of Leon is NOT Rock, and most "alternative rock" I consider to be pure s**t that a bunch of rich white kids/college douches tend to like. So yeah, all this s**t like Kings of Leon, Nickelback, Dave Matthews Bands, etc... I mean a lot of it hardly is all that guitar driven at all aside from a bunch of douches strumming acoustic guitars and wearing everyday yet trendy clothes, acting all polite and s**t... where's the attitude, flash, aggression, and so on that rock is all about? I mean honestly. I don't consider it "Rock" at all and most "alternative rock" bands to me, are a complete Oxymoron.

A lot of the people here saying s**t like "Green Day isn't rock" or whatever else seem to be the types of people that will automatically dislike something JUST because it's mainstream and popular(though they wouldn't admit to doing this) Now I'm not the biggest Green Day fan though I like some of their stuff, but I mean their music is very guitar driven, so it'd be pretty dumb to say it isn't Rock if you ask me. It sure as hell is more Rock than Kings of Leon.

A lot of the older original rock bands I love... George Thorogood, Steppenwolf, Jerry Lee Lewis... stuff like that. 60's and 70's stuff... I like David Bowie, The New York Dolls, Blue Oyster Cult, 80's stuff is my favorite... Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dokken, Winger, Poison, Motley Crue... 90's stuff can generally suck deez nuts though in the 90's in Europe lots of good metal subgenres started to come and gain popularity.. idk I'm rambling.
p00p-dik

A lot of the people here saying s**t like "Green Day isn't rock" or whatever else seem to be the types of people that will automatically dislike something JUST because it's mainstream and popular(though they wouldn't admit to doing this).

You couldn't be more off base.

neutral

3,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I don't understand this thread. What is ROCK, to you guys?

To me, rock started with Chuck Berry. Then we had Elvis Presley and Carl Perkins, The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, The Doors, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Yardbirds, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Queen. That's the 50s to 70s right there, and I probably left out Velvet Underground because they were a punk forerunner, but the POINT IS... Without rock, we would have nothing. So why is everyone bashing it? Is something else "rock" to you? Foo Fighters, maybe? Because THEN I would understand the bashing.

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
as long as its not rap i will attempt to like it. Though Linkin Park can make rap listenable ^_^

Moonlight Stalker

7,700 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
Rock, as well as Metal, isnt going anywhere at all. Anyone who think it is, is an idiot. I would rather die then to tern on the radio every day and hear that rap s**t or boring county every single day of my life. -_-

Beloved Friend

7,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Unfortunately, rock will never really die out because there will always be dumb people. And as long as dumb people exist, rock will have a fanbase.

There are a handful of regular rock artists worth listening to, and some of the subgenres are pretty cool. For the most part, though, rock is a cesspool of boring, redundant crap

Beloved Friend

7,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Ustareth Merope Riddle
parody of music.

8,073 plays of Heidi Montag

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Snake Oil Salesman
Ustareth Merope Riddle
parody of music.

8,073 plays of Heidi Montag

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image
Where do I think rock is going? Down the drain. Rock isn't even rock anymore; it's all just pop pretending to be rock.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff