10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
IAmAFurkMotheringPanda
Snuffins
you never came
Snuffins
There are many factors that play into what I consider good music. While most of what I listen to is Punk Pop and Alt Rock, I'll listen to other genres if:

They have well thought out lyrics. I don't mean they have to have a full fledged story to them, but I need more that the same 2 sentences repeated every second.

The tune must be catchy. I don't want to hear some odd sounding, poorly strung together dub-step sounding mess. If it's smooth slowing, it can be as soft or as hard as it wants.

The singer cannot be auto-tuned. I'm sorry, but all it does is make people who can't sing sound like robots who can't sing. When used on occasion, it can sound pretty nice, but if it is a constant thing to mask the singer's horrible voice, they shouldn't be singing in the first place.

It can't be to profane. While dropping the occasional F-bomb is nice and okay, I don't wanna hear some dumb a** throw every swear word or talk about how all he wants to do is ******** some chick...

The group can't be overplayed or overrated. I'm not trying to sound like some underground hipster here, even though I do act like one, but if the singer/band is played repeatedly on the radio or all i hear on people's Ipods and s**t is the same singer over and over and over, their voice actually gets pretty old and annoying and I tend to drop the band for a while, kind of happened recently with Falling in Reverse, good band, Ronnie Radke is an amazing singer, but every kid in my school who listened to the old ETF was doing nothing but talking about him or singing "The Drug in Me is You"....so annoying...

The song can't be too happy! I'm not saying you should be like The Cure and go all emo, but holy s**t at least stop pretending life is all flowers, sunshine, and rainbow farts! Life sucks at time, quit fooling yourself you delusional pricks!

So ya....pretty much all that makes a song good....

This post reminds me of this one girl I sat near in high school english who always talked a lot in class but never actually said anything of substance that was worth discussing.

Ya, it may be due to my gross lack of correct punctuation, spelling, and run on sentences. Looking back I can see how it would make little sense to someone who doesn't know exactly what I mean. I did a real suck a** job with a description. I pretty much meant anything that actually has meaning, no overly reoccurring lines or beats, and doesn't seem fake would sound good to me. I'm not a fan of overly happy songs, dub-step/techno, or rap.
Not trying to start anything but can I ask what you have against rap? Because not all rap is "wait until you see my d**k". There's actually some half decent rap out there with actual thought put into it.

Oh, I have nothing against all rap in general. I am actually a fan of early Eminem and some of the underground rap from the 80's. I don't like today's rap because a lot of it is nothing more than talking about going to a club, ******** some chick, or spouting off what brand name clothes you have. It's empty, lifeless, and is filled with cliches. I realize that a lot of the stuff I listen too has it's share of cliches and stuff, but like many others have stated in this thread, it's really just a matter of personal taste. Another part of my dislike of rap is from my experiences with those who listen to it. While I am well aware that not everyone who listens to rap is like this, but the general rap listener I've had the displeasure of speaking to has been stupid, disrespectful, tried to make everything a game, and took things way too personally.

7,950 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Bana Banana
GroHlgaSM
Real music is made with ACTUAL INSTRUMENTS. Sorry guys, none of that techno s**t done on the computers some of you like to call genius. Real music also means, NO LIP SYNCING. That rules out the majority of the 'musicians' right there. Ever noticed how their voices sound EXACTLY like the album? That's a sign that they lip sync, but I'm sure everyone knew that. Sorry Taylor Swift fans, but she's a fake.
Why does it make a huge difference if it's made on a computer/synthesizer?

Well to me, it's not real. It was edited, it may or may not have been real instruments playing, you could have done anything with the computer to make it sound perfect when in actuality the perfect part of it is the mistakes. Again, this is all my opinion
Good music is stuff you can live with out if your distracted or something music got you cover if your bored or something.... I just can't live with out music!!!!!! heart heart biggrin heart biggrin
Music that can create an atmosphere to connect to through lyrics and/or sound.

6,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Snuffins
IAmAFurkMotheringPanda
Snuffins
you never came
Snuffins
There are many factors that play into what I consider good music. While most of what I listen to is Punk Pop and Alt Rock, I'll listen to other genres if:

They have well thought out lyrics. I don't mean they have to have a full fledged story to them, but I need more that the same 2 sentences repeated every second.

The tune must be catchy. I don't want to hear some odd sounding, poorly strung together dub-step sounding mess. If it's smooth slowing, it can be as soft or as hard as it wants.

The singer cannot be auto-tuned. I'm sorry, but all it does is make people who can't sing sound like robots who can't sing. When used on occasion, it can sound pretty nice, but if it is a constant thing to mask the singer's horrible voice, they shouldn't be singing in the first place.

It can't be to profane. While dropping the occasional F-bomb is nice and okay, I don't wanna hear some dumb a** throw every swear word or talk about how all he wants to do is ******** some chick...

The group can't be overplayed or overrated. I'm not trying to sound like some underground hipster here, even though I do act like one, but if the singer/band is played repeatedly on the radio or all i hear on people's Ipods and s**t is the same singer over and over and over, their voice actually gets pretty old and annoying and I tend to drop the band for a while, kind of happened recently with Falling in Reverse, good band, Ronnie Radke is an amazing singer, but every kid in my school who listened to the old ETF was doing nothing but talking about him or singing "The Drug in Me is You"....so annoying...

The song can't be too happy! I'm not saying you should be like The Cure and go all emo, but holy s**t at least stop pretending life is all flowers, sunshine, and rainbow farts! Life sucks at time, quit fooling yourself you delusional pricks!

This post reminds me of this one girl I sat near in high school english who always talked a lot in class but never actually said anything of substance that was worth discussing.

Ya, it may be due to my gross lack of correct punctuation, spelling, and run on sentences. Looking back I can see how it would make little sense to someone who doesn't know exactly what I mean. I did a real suck a** job with a description. I pretty much meant anything that actually has meaning, no overly reoccurring lines or beats, and doesn't seem fake would sound good to me. I'm not a fan of overly happy songs, dub-step/techno, or rap.
Not trying to start anything but can I ask what you have against rap? Because not all rap is "wait until you see my d**k". There's actually some half decent rap out there with actual thought put into it.

Oh, I have nothing against all rap in general. I am actually a fan of early Eminem and some of the underground rap from the 80's. I don't like today's rap because a lot of it is nothing more than talking about going to a club, ******** some chick, or spouting off what brand name clothes you have. It's empty, lifeless, and is filled with cliches. I realize that a lot of the stuff I listen too has it's share of cliches and stuff, but like many others have stated in this thread, it's really just a matter of personal taste. Another part of my dislike of rap is from my experiences with those who listen to it. While I am well aware that not everyone who listens to rap is not like this, but the general rap listener I've had the displeasure of speaking to has been stupid, disrespectful, tried to make everything a game, and took things way too personally.
Oh well s**t. I wasn't expecting you to answer like that. I had a whole speech ready and everything but everything in that post made total sense and you didn't just rant like an a**. Kudos!

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
IAmAFurkMotheringPanda
Snuffins
IAmAFurkMotheringPanda
Snuffins
you never came
Snuffins

Oh, I have nothing against all rap in general. I am actually a fan of early Eminem and some of the underground rap from the 80's. I don't like today's rap because a lot of it is nothing more than talking about going to a club, ******** some chick, or spouting off what brand name clothes you have. It's empty, lifeless, and is filled with cliches. I realize that a lot of the stuff I listen too has it's share of cliches and stuff, but like many others have stated in this thread, it's really just a matter of personal taste. Another part of my dislike of rap is from my experiences with those who listen to it. While I am well aware that not everyone who listens to rap is not like this, but the general rap listener I've had the displeasure of speaking to has been stupid, disrespectful, tried to make everything a game, and took things way too personally.
Oh well s**t. I wasn't expecting you to answer like that. I had a whole speech ready and everything but everything in that post made total sense and you didn't just rant like an a**. Kudos!

Thank you, I'm actually a lot more intelligent than my initial post leads to believe. I rarely have a dislike without a very valid reason behind it. I cant stand people who go all out an voice opinions and cant back them up.

ShiningAce's Husband

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
Music that makes me c**.
GroHlgaSM
Bana Banana
GroHlgaSM
Real music is made with ACTUAL INSTRUMENTS. Sorry guys, none of that techno s**t done on the computers some of you like to call genius. Real music also means, NO LIP SYNCING. That rules out the majority of the musicians right there. Ever noticed how their voices sound EXACTLY like the album? Thats a sign that they lip sync, but Im sure everyone knew that. Sorry Taylor Swift fans, but shes a fake.
Why does it make a huge difference if its made on a computer/synthesizer?

Well to me, its not real. It was edited, it may or may not have been real instruments playing, you could have done anything with the computer to make it sound perfect when in actuality the perfect part of it is the mistakes. Again, this is all my opinion
If any of your favorite artists have CD releases or MP3 releases, their material has been modified by a computer. By your standards, nothing is real music.

6,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Snuffins
IAmAFurkMotheringPanda
Snuffins
IAmAFurkMotheringPanda
Snuffins

Thank you, I'm actually a lot more intelligent than my initial post leads to believe. I rarely have a dislike without a very valid reason behind it. I cant stand people who go all out an voice opinions and cant back them up.
Sick. So exactly what kind of music do you like?

Sweet Creature

34,275 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
GroHlgaSM
Bana Banana
GroHlgaSM
Real music is made with ACTUAL INSTRUMENTS. Sorry guys, none of that techno s**t done on the computers some of you like to call genius. Real music also means, NO LIP SYNCING. That rules out the majority of the 'musicians' right there. Ever noticed how their voices sound EXACTLY like the album? That's a sign that they lip sync, but I'm sure everyone knew that. Sorry Taylor Swift fans, but she's a fake.

Well to me, it's not real. It was edited, it may or may not have been real instruments playing, you could have done anything with the computer to make it sound perfect when in actuality the perfect part of it is the mistakes. Again, this is all my opinion
Doesn't that apply to most recorded music and not just electronic stuff? I mean, a lot of rock records nowadays sound way too clean and perfect to me, especially when compared to live versions.

Rainbow Shopper

6,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
GroHlgaSM
Bana Banana
GroHlgaSM

Do you actually know how use a synthesizer or any type of computer software designed to make music properly?

edit: not to mention when music goes through the mixing and mastering process, that's done through technology, regardless of genre.
Ustareth Merope Riddle
GroHlgaSM
Bana Banana
GroHlgaSM
Real music is made with ACTUAL INSTRUMENTS. Sorry guys, none of that techno s**t done on the computers some of you like to call genius. Real music also means, NO LIP SYNCING. That rules out the majority of the musicians right there. Ever noticed how their voices sound EXACTLY like the album? Thats a sign that they lip sync, but Im sure everyone knew that. Sorry Taylor Swift fans, but shes a fake.

Well to me, its not real. It was edited, it may or may not have been real instruments playing, you could have done anything with the computer to make it sound perfect when in actuality the perfect part of it is the mistakes. Again, this is all my opinion

Do you actually know how use a synthesizer or any type of computer software designed to make music properly?

edit: not to mention when music goes through the mixing and mastering process, thats done through technology, regardless of genre.
I love the pop music is fake music argument.

7,950 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Bana Banana
GroHlgaSM
Bana Banana
GroHlgaSM

Doesn't that apply to most recorded music and not just electronic stuff? I mean, a lot of rock records nowadays sound way too clean and perfect to me, especially when compared to live versions.

If you know the history of the things that I listen to, such as Foo Fighters (ik I'm a freak for them), then you can understand how flaws are a vital part of it, as well as non electronic recording. I believe that a lot of live performances are real, but some people like to lip sync so they don't ******** up, which makes it kinda hard to determine between real and fake music because nobody can tell unless they're really good at it.

7,950 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Ustareth Merope Riddle
GroHlgaSM
Bana Banana
GroHlgaSM

edit: not to mention when music goes through the mixing and mastering process, that's done through technology, regardless of genre.

I'm not a musician, I'm not in the music business, I'm just very serious with my music. No I do not know how to use a synthesizer but I can use a mixing board, which in my eyes doesn't really feel fake because its just a recorder like a tape to record the voice. Sure, you can make volume and pitch changes but that doesn't mean you have to. I'm not trying to get in an argument with anyone, I was just stating my opinion, sorry that you guys don't like what I have to say

Ladykiller

the judy garland cocktail
Ustareth Merope Riddle
GroHlgaSM
Bana Banana
GroHlgaSM

edit: not to mention when music goes through the mixing and mastering process, thats done through technology, regardless of genre.
I love the pop music is fake music argument.
Lol, ikr? It ain't real music unless it's some old whit dude with nothing but a mic stand and an acoustic guitar singing deep, introspective s**t about existentialism and the ~tru pain~ of living.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff