Welcome to Gaia! ::

I need good punk/pop-punk bands. I like Blag Flag, but I feel they're probably super ******** entry-level, and I want to dig deeeeeper!

I have downloaded:
Descendents
Minutemen
Jawbreaker
Teenage Bottlerocket
Screeching Weasel

any suggestions about albums/discographies/etc. of additions or subtractions I should do to the aforementioned list?
I want female rock bands.

I'm really into either soft rock or hard rock. Alternative is great too. BUT ONLY FEMALE LEAD SINGERS. From all over the world.

I would love new suggestions other than these:

within temptation
Lacuna Coil
the birthday massacre
epica
evanescence
fireflight
flyleaf
halestorm
In this Moment
kidney thieves
Morningwood
nightwish
paramore
...Demi Lovato
The Heather Of Killing
I need good punk/pop-punk bands. I like Blag Flag, but I feel they're probably super ******** entry-level, and I want to dig deeeeeper!

I have downloaded:
Descendents
Minutemen
Jawbreaker
Teenage Bottlerocket
Screeching Weasel

any suggestions about albums/discographies/etc. of additions or subtractions I should do to the aforementioned list?

The Mr. T Experience
The Dickies
The Vandals
The Vindictives
The Soviettes
The Lillingtons
The Ergs!
Toys That Kill
Fabulous disaster
The Epoxies
Dead To Me
Teen Idols

These are all from memory mostly, since I haven't listened to pop-punk in a long while.
Ronins_Cross
The Heather Of Killing

I have downloaded:
Descendents
Minutemen
Jawbreaker
Teenage Bottlerocket
Screeching Weasel

The Mr. T Experience
The Dickies
The Vandals
The Vindictives
The Soviettes
The Lillingtons
The Ergs!
Toys That Kill
Fabulous disaster
The Epoxies
Dead To Me
Teen Idols

These are all from memory mostly, since I haven't listened to pop-punk in a long while.
You know, I thought about downloading The Lillington's discography, but I wasn't sure.

Anything specific by any of those bands, that you can recall? Or do you recall it all being good? (Not that it matters)
The Heather Of Killing
Ronins_Cross
The Heather Of Killing

I have downloaded:
Descendents
Minutemen
Jawbreaker
Teenage Bottlerocket
Screeching Weasel

The Mr. T Experience
The Dickies
The Vandals
The Vindictives
The Soviettes
The Lillingtons

The Ergs!
Toys That Kill
Fabulous disaster
The Epoxies
Dead To Me
Teen Idols

You know, I thought about downloading The Lillington's discography, but I wasn't sure.

Anything specific by any of those bands, that you can recall? Or do you recall it all being good? (Not that it matters)

I recall them being to par; and well the Dickies were one of the pioneers of the genre (as were vandals and vindictives). Bolded are ones I know I loved. Can't remember specifics right now, have to relisten. Huge libraries suck.
Ronins_Cross
The Heather Of Killing
Ronins_Cross
The Heather Of Killing

I have downloaded:
Descendents
Minutemen
Jawbreaker
Teenage Bottlerocket
Screeching Weasel

The Mr. T Experience
The Dickies
The Vandals
The Vindictives
The Soviettes
The Lillingtons

The Ergs!
Toys That Kill
Fabulous disaster
The Epoxies
Dead To Me
Teen Idols

I recall them being to par; and well the Dickies were one of the pioneers of the genre (as were vandals and vindictives). Bolded are ones I know I loved. Can't remember specifics right now, have to relisten. Huge libraries suck.
That's fine. I will be downloading the bolded ones, at the very least.

Thanks.
The Heather Of Killing
Ronins_Cross
The Heather Of Killing
Ronins_Cross
The Heather Of Killing

I have downloaded:
Descendents
Minutemen
Jawbreaker
Teenage Bottlerocket
Screeching Weasel

The Mr. T Experience
The Dickies
The Vandals
The Vindictives
The Soviettes
The Lillingtons

The Ergs!
Toys That Kill
Fabulous disaster
The Epoxies
Dead To Me
Teen Idols

Thanks.

It's why I made the thread; actually I think some of the first reccs in here were for pop-punk.
Ronins_Cross
The Heather Of Killing
Ronins_Cross
The Heather Of Killing
Ronins_Cross
The Heather Of Killing

I have downloaded:
Descendents
Minutemen
Jawbreaker
Teenage Bottlerocket
Screeching Weasel

The Mr. T Experience
The Dickies
The Vandals
The Vindictives
The Soviettes
The Lillingtons

The Ergs!
Toys That Kill
Fabulous disaster
The Epoxies
Dead To Me
Teen Idols

Thanks.

It's why I made the thread; actually I think some of the first reccs in here were for pop-punk.
This is actually one of my fave threads in the forum. There aren't many, but this one's up there.
wonderfuel

I'm really into either soft rock or hard rock. Alternative is great too. BUT ONLY FEMALE LEAD SINGERS. From all over the world.

within temptation
Lacuna Coil
the birthday massacre
epica
evanescence
fireflight
flyleaf
halestorm
In this Moment
kidney thieves
Morningwood
nightwish
paramore
...Demi Lovato

Siouxsie and the Banshees
Lunarclick
Cocteau Twins
Curve
Gåte
X-Mal Deutschland
Hannah Fury
Zola Jesus
The Gathering

And if you don't mind bands that switch with male leads depending on songs:
Faith and the Muse
Ameseours
The Frozen Autumn
Rise and Fall of a Decade
Swans
Shadowolf
wonderfuel

within temptation
Lacuna Coil
the birthday massacre
epica
evanescence
fireflight
flyleaf
halestorm
In this Moment
kidney thieves
Morningwood
nightwish
paramore
...Demi Lovato

Siouxsie and the Banshees
Lunarclick
Cocteau Twins
Curve
Gåte
X-Mal Deutschland
Hannah Fury
Zola Jesus
The Gathering

And if you don't mind bands that switch with male leads depending on songs:
Faith and the Muse
Ameseours
The Frozen Autumn
Rise and Fall of a Decade
Swans

Wow, thank you so much for these. I'll check them out later! I'll be sure to donate to you for your quest!
wonderfuel

within temptation
Lacuna Coil
the birthday massacre
epica
evanescence
fireflight
flyleaf
halestorm
In this Moment
kidney thieves
Morningwood
nightwish
paramore
...Demi Lovato

Band - Album:

Melt Banana - Cell-Scape
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Space Team Electra - Vortex Flower
Fleeting Joys - Despondent Transponder
Boredoms - Vision Creation Newsun
Teenage Jesus and the Jerks - Everything

Also highly recommend you check out Swans, though as mentioned before, they switch back and forth on vocal delivery. Another album with switch-up vocals you should check out is Bad Moon Rising by Sonic Youth.

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I'm looking for some new songs to listen to while I draw or write. I doesn't matter what genre it is, seeing as I listen to all kinds (From country to rap), and it doesn't matter if it's upbeat or kind of on the depressing side of things. The only thing I ask is that you do not suggest songs by the following because I don't particularly care for their music:

Justin Bieber
One Direction
Jonas Brothers
Skrillex
Willow Smith
Nicki Minaj

Other than that, I'm pretty open minded.
Thank you in advance to whomever reads this. =)

EDIT: Please do not link me to YouTube Videos. My internet spazzes out when I try to watch videos there. Thank you. =)
SilverTetsusaiga
I'm looking for some new songs to listen to while I draw or write. I doesn't matter what genre it is, seeing as I listen to all kinds (From country to rap), and it doesn't matter if it's upbeat or kind of on the depressing side of things. The only thing I ask is that you do not suggest songs by the following because I don't particularly care for their music:

Justin Bieber
One Direction
Jonas Brothers
Skrillex
Willow Smith
Nicki Minaj

Other than that, I'm pretty open minded.
Thank you in advance to whomever reads this. =)

Here are some albums that you might enjoy:

Sigur Rós - Takk
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
A Place to Bury Strangers - Exploding Head
No Age - Nouns
Stereolab - Peng
Boards of Canada - Music Has the Right to Children
Emeralds - Does It Look Like I'm Here?
Chihei Hatakeyama - A Long Journey
Brian Eno - Ambient 1: Music for Airports

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Thank you for the suggestions. =)
I'll have to look them up elsewhere, because I forgot to put that I can't do YouTube videos in my previous post, but I'll still look them up. =)

Lonely Explorer

SilverTetsusaiga

Thank you for the suggestions. =)
I'll have to look them up elsewhere, because I forgot to put that I can't do YouTube videos in my previous post, but I'll still look them up. =)

Shame with the youtube but here is a little list I'm sure will be in other places.

Bodies of Water
Tallest Man on Earth
The Flashbulb
Maybeshewill
Twin Shadow

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items