Welcome to Gaia! ::

I love "God's Magic Finger" by The Residents, it has a really trippy sound. Anything else like that?
NinjaLifer
Okay,okay...

Are there any other saccharine sweet, yet dirty punky powerpop bands along the lines of:

the Exploding Hearts

out there? Please please please tell me that kids are still out there making music this good. And don't give me "nice boys", 'cause it's just not the same.

The Nils maybe?
also, some Kimya Dawson / Antsy Pants ("Vampire" ) -esque things?
Sinister Kung Fu
NinjaLifer
Okay,okay...

Are there any other saccharine sweet, yet dirty punky powerpop bands along the lines of:

the Exploding Hearts

out there? Please please please tell me that kids are still out there making music this good. And don't give me "nice boys", 'cause it's just not the same.

The Nils maybe?

the nils are pretty cool, thanx!
NinjaLifer
Sinister Kung Fu
NinjaLifer
Okay,okay...

the Exploding Hearts

The Nils maybe?

the nils are pretty cool, thanx!

Maybe also check out The Last Chucks, Bambix, The Peabodys, Mach Pelican, and Teenage Bottlerocket
DeliriumNox
I love "God's Magic Finger" by The Residents, it has a really trippy sound. Anything else like that?

great track

I freaking love The Residents heart
Alright, long story short, my a** is going to France this spring and I need some typical French music or any French teenager's typical music list.

So far I have stuff along the lines of:
AIR
Beirut (meh)
and
Kocani Orkestar

Any kind of french music would do fine...
Atom Heart Mother Suite
Alright, long story short, my a** is going to France this spring and I need some typical French music or any French teenager's typical music list.

AIR
Beirut (meh)
and
Kocani Orkestar

aren't Beirut American?

from what I know from my friend who's French and spends at least two months there a year, hip-hop is quite popular. So along those lines, Diam's is good.

also, Justice are French, but I have no idea of their status in their native country.
City On Hydraulic Legs
Atom Heart Mother Suite

AIR
Beirut (meh)
and
Kocani Orkestar

aren't Beirut American?

from what I know from my friend who's French and spends at least two months there a year, hip-hop is quite popular. So along those lines, Diam's is good.

also, Justice are French, but I have no idea of their status in their native country.

Yes, they are, but I'm assuming that a typical French kid might relate to them. Er.

Oh good! So I'm set then. Must look up some French rappers.

Must also look into Justice as well.
Atom Heart Mother Suite

TTC is where it is at!
Sinister Kung Fu

Maybe also check out The Last Chucks, Bambix, The Peabodys, Mach Pelican, and Teenage Bottlerocket

Cool bands, however they're all much more firmly rooted in the ramones-screechingweasel/queers school of pop punk. I was looking more for like:

If cheap trick & the bay city rollers smoked a bunch of crack cocaine, and were half deaf from playing extra loud and distorted cause they were all ******** up... got in a friendly rumble with the dead boys. Yeah. Something like that.
Atom Heart Mother Suite
City On Hydraulic Legs
Atom Heart Mother Suite

AIR
Beirut (meh)
and
Kocani Orkestar

aren't Beirut American?

Yes, they are, but I'm assuming that a typical French kid might relate to them. Er.

Must also look into Justice as well.

Akhenaton
loving Wolves in the Throne Room

something similar to help me cope with their small discography.
Sir Rotts Rotts ROTTS
loving Wolves in the Throne Room

something similar to help me cope with their small discography.

I haven't heard enough of either band to be sure, but you might like Imperial Crystalline Entombment
http://www.myspace.com/imperialcrystallineentombment
NinjaLifer
Atom Heart Mother Suite

TTC is where it is at!

Pas La Peine D'appeler, Je Ne Reponds Pas Au Telephone, Non! scream

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff