Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lord Amythe
I need more bands like CocoRosie or Ys-style Joanna Newsom. pl0x.

I was thinking maybe Josephine Foster?

xp

I like the Hazel Eyes, I Will Lead You album... I'm not sure how CocoRosie/Joanna Newsom-y it sounds... but it seriously was the first thing I thought of.

Anyywaayss... Finally there is an official thread like this, though...
Moonlight Agony
NinjaLifer
Anyone know of any other extremely juvenile, elementary school style, slightly retarded punk in the vein of F.Y.P. or Your Mother or the Lizards?

Old Skull for sure.

Haha, I forgot about that. I didn't mean LITERALLY elementary school.
Moonlight Agony
NinjaLifer
Anyone know of any other extremely juvenile, elementary school style, slightly retarded punk in the vein of F.Y.P. or Your Mother or the Lizards?

Old Skull for sure.

Oh man, I need to get more of those guys. xD
Shadowolf
Moonlight Agony
NinjaLifer

Old Skull for sure.

I don't think I can handle the vocals!
NinjaLifer
Moonlight Agony
NinjaLifer

Old Skull for sure.

lol yeah it hit me after I posted it.
Ronins_Cross
Shadowolf
Moonlight Agony
NinjaLifer

Old Skull for sure.

I don't think I can handle the vocals!

lmao, yeah, I don't think I can either, but I'm willing to give it a shot (...later) and test my might xd
Sweet, I never thought we'd actually get to keep one of these threads. But I actually want industrial recommendations, just three or four bands to see if I even like the genre.
meteors
Sweet, I never thought we'd actually get to keep one of these threads. But I actually want industrial recommendations, just three or four bands to see if I even like the genre.

Most people would say Skinny Puppy... but they're really a horrible choice as they're quite inconsistent with their genre.

SPK (early work, however, for a good demonstration of most of their work and their Industrial stuff, I suggest checking out the "Auto-Da-Fe" release.

Public Works (aka The Tape Beatles) they focus very strongly on samples.

Cabaret Voltaire
(I suggest "The Original Sound of Sheffield" which, like "Auto-Da-Fe" is kind of a best of)

Monte Cazazza
(while I like his Atom Smashers project better than his solo work, it's quite interesting.)

That should give you a good idea of the range of Industrial music.

you could also check out "The Industrial Records Story 1976 - 1981" for a solid compilation of early Industrial music.

...You should also check out The Grey Wolves to round out the Industrial sound... I could also recommend some Noise and Power Electronics... but they're a bit harsher than plain Industrial.
Thanks, and for not giving me an overwhelmingly long list of bands/artists. cool
meteors
Thanks, and for not giving me an overwhelmingly long list of bands/artists. cool

You said 3 or 4, so I went for a pretty definitive list... you could probably replace Monte Cazazza with The Grey Wolves, though, whose music is often called Death Industrial... which I need more of.
Okay,okay...

Are there any other saccharine sweet, yet dirty punky powerpop bands along the lines of:

the Exploding Hearts

out there? Please please please tell me that kids are still out there making music this good. And don't give me "nice boys", 'cause it's just not the same.
NinjaLifer
Okay,okay...

Are there any other saccharine sweet, yet dirty punky powerpop bands along the lines of:

the Exploding Hearts

out there? Please please please tell me that kids are still out there making music this good. And don't give me "nice boys", 'cause it's just not the same.

I love the Exploding Hearts as well, I second the request.
NinjaLifer
Moonlight Agony
NinjaLifer

Old Skull for sure.

OMG I remember Old Skull. rofl
NinjaLifer
Okay,okay...

the Exploding Hearts

I think The Thermals could work out for you
look out he gots a gun
NinjaLifer
Okay,okay...

the Exploding Hearts

I think The Thermals could work out for you

They're actually a pretty good fit for my mood. I saw them in January '04 back home in Hawaii with Mates of State. It was an awesome show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games