Welcome to Gaia! ::

With Motion
Anyone have Trip Hop recommendations similar to Massive Attack, Morcheeba or DJ Krush?

or....

Hip Hop recommendations similar to k-os or Jurassic 5 (no swearwhores, please)?

Swearwhores? I'm sorry, but there is no way to dismiss swearing and not sound like a prude.
Googly Minotaur
With Motion
Anyone have Trip Hop recommendations similar to Massive Attack, Morcheeba or DJ Krush?

or....

Swearwhores? I'm sorry, but there is no way to dismiss swearing and not sound like a prude.
I'm not dismissing swearing. I swear sometimes (hell, I swore in the post). I simply don't like hearing swears every 5 words or so, whether or not that sounds prudish, from my music or people around me.

(PS, it's probably not for the reason you're thinking either)
With Motion

or....

Um, let's see... Tricky, DJ Shadow, Zion I, Atmosphere, Aesop Rock
Mr Motherf___ker
What are some good Shoegaze bands to listen to for a person who never listened to anything from that particular genre?

Definitely Swervedriver!
We've also been officialized!
Ronins_Cross
Mr Motherf___ker
What are some good Shoegaze bands to listen to for a person who never listened to anything from that particular genre?

Definitely Swervedriver!
Thanks.
With Motion

or....

Have you checked out Ninja Tune Records?
They are a treasure trove of trip hop, electronic, and experimental hip-hop mixes...

Also, The Controls - "One Hundred" is a killer trip hop electro downtempo album...
Buy it here

You'll prolly also find this useful...

http://www.triphop-music.com/
Elitist Pretzel Eater
Looking for more soul singers. Something along the lines of Remy Shand.

Sorry, I know nothing like that at all... Anyone else?
Quote:
With Motion

or....

Have you checked out Ninja Tune Records?
They are a treasure trove of trip hop, electronic, and experimental hip-hop mixes...

this is one of my favorite music purchases ever.
With Motion
Googly Minotaur
With Motion

or....

I'm not dismissing swearing. I swear sometimes (hell, I swore in the post). I simply don't like hearing swears every 5 words or so, whether or not that sounds prudish, from my music or people around me.

(PS, it's probably not for the reason you're thinking either)

Broadcast, and Sneaker Pimps are the only things I can think of in the mold of Morcheeba. I only have singles, myself... but from what I heard it's what you are looking for!

Blackalicious is one Hip-Hop artist that comes to mind when I think of well-minded Hip-Hop.
@ Ronins_Cross:

Congrats on getting this thread officialized...
NinjaLifer
@ Ronins_Cross:

Yeah, I know right?
Anyone know of any other extremely juvenile, elementary school style, slightly retarded punk in the vein of F.Y.P. or Your Mother or the Lizards?
NinjaLifer
@ Ronins_Cross:

NinjaLifer
Anyone know of any other extremely juvenile, elementary school style, slightly retarded punk in the vein of F.Y.P. or Your Mother or the Lizards?

Old Skull for sure.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games