Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Main Music Recommendation Circus: Serious Business

There's been a plethora of recommendation threads lately, and this needs to stop and to a degree be lightened. Suggested by Moonlight Agony that I do a version of this thread for the Main Music Forum, I think it's a great idea and I've tried to get Maggie to talk about it, so I'm unaware about this being within rules. But as long as this isn't spam, reduces repeat threads, and such; I think the moderators and other faculty won't mind. So pick up a chair and enjoy.

Guidelines

Ask for music requests only.
Do not ask for download links.
Do not ask for album uploads.
Do not continuously quote your own request post.
Do not argue / bicker about genres.
Do not spam, obviously.
Do not troll / flamebait.
Do not reply to flamebait / trolls / spam.

Also, "please, do not post a humongous list of bands you are currently fellating over. This isn't a thread to list bands; it's a thread to give recommendations in detail to those who ask for them." People who break the terms will be blocked. So lets get to it. Reccomendations? Well we have certain regulars I'm sure who can cover each subject. Just ask.
I need more bands like CocoRosie or Ys-style Joanna Newsom. pl0x.
Great idea. blaugh

Anyhow, I'd like some catchy pop-punk along the lines of Screeching Weasel, The Mr. T Experience, and Descendants please.
Kindergarten Splattercult
Great idea. blaugh

Anyhow, I'd like some catchy pop-punk along the lines of Screeching Weasel, The Mr. T Experience, and Descendants please.
The Queers!
Great idea. blaugh

There is one Pop-Punk act I really dig, not too sure it fits in with Screeching Weasel, but Nerf Herder is a fun band despite the highly perverse lyrics. But it's Punk so who cares, right?

Also, some songs from The Bloodhound Gang's Hooray For Boobies pretty much has Pop-Punk rhythms and big touches. But that album has a 'Country' song among other things (like the Hip-Hop-influenced Rock they are so known for).

There is also The Riverdales who I first listened to with Storm The Streets's "I Don't Wanna Go To The Party".
Lord Amythe
Great idea. blaugh

The Queers!

I'm familiar with them actually, but thanks anyhow. Good band. 3nodding

@Ronin_Cross: Thank you, I've heard of but haven't listened to any of those bands. I will check them out.
i kind of want something alone the lines of death cab for cutie
W00t. 3nodding

Now i only have one place to look for a rec thread, rather than a ton of pages.
Pop-Punk, I don't know I say Dead Milkmen if for some reason you aren't listening to them.
speakobsession

Check out Margot & The Nuclear So And So's The Dust Of Retreat, it's basically Death Cab's music in another band.

Grandaddy's The Sophtware Slump is similar as well, but more in a Rock direction.

If you like Melancholy stuff with a Folk edge, also... look into: Red House Painters' Ocean Beach.
speakobsession

You should try Neutral Milk Hotel and The Apples In Stereo.

@Moonlight: I love them. I probably should've mentioned them too.
Great idea. blaugh

The Ergs!
http://www.myspace.com/theergs

The Pubes
http://www.myspace.com/thepubes
Ronins_Cross
speakobsession

Check out Margot & The Nuclear So And So's The Dust Of Retreat, it's basically Death Cab's music in another band.

Grandaddy's The Sophtware Slump is similar as well, but more in a Rock direction.

If you like Melancholy stuff with a Folk edge, also... look into: Red House Painters' Ocean Beach.

thanks
i appreciate it biggrin
i'll check em out
Sinister Kung Fu
Great idea. blaugh

The Ergs!
http://www.myspace.com/theergs

The Pubes
http://www.myspace.com/thepubes

Hah, they sound great.

Thanks for the recs.
speakobsession

You should try Neutral Milk Hotel and The Apples In Stereo.

@Moonlight: I love them. I probably should've mentioned them too.

thanks to you too smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces