Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moonlight Agony

Page 1-3 should have Recs for those bands.

As for Rap, I say Jedi Mind Tricks, MF Doom, Edan, or Aesop Rock.

Thank you lovely.
<3
SmilingBomb
OMG. Just what I was looking for~
Anywho; I would love recommendations for bands like: Death Cab for Cutie, The Postal Service, The Decemberists, and all that soft-rock/pop goodness.

I'm also looking for more good hip-hop [?] music like; Kanye West, Common, Peaches [if they're even considered that]. I'm fairly new to this whole liking hip-hop thing, so deal with my lack of knowledge. [I do know, that for reasons beyond me, I love the really sexist 90's rap, like Notorious BIG and stuff~]

[[Also, I'm looking for a website I found a long time ago where you'd type in a band name and a giant web would pop up that links similar bands....does anyone know the link?]

For Kanye: Lupe Fiasco, El-P,

For Common: Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Blackstar

And other stuff: Living legends, Cannibal ox, Heiroglyphics, Del the Funkee homosapien, Mr. Lif, cLOUDDEAD
SmilingBomb
Anywho; I would love recommendations for bands like: Death Cab for Cutie, The Postal Service, The Decemberists, and all that soft-rock/pop goodness.

I'm sure you may love The Umbrellas, Psapp, Small Sins, Say Hi to Your Mom, The Red Paintings, Persephone's Bees, Mates of State, Islands, Brazilian Girls, The Books, 8mm, and Masha Qrella. Ooh, and The Cardigans. ^_^

[edit- As for the website you're looking for, I know what you're talking about, but it's been so long, I can't remember the name. I'll see what I can dig up though...) ]
[EDIT2- I think this is the site, though it's changed dramatically from what I remember: http://audiomap.tuneglue.net/ ]

Good thread, btw! ^.^
... And I wish I had expertise at something. emo Oh well... I know a lot of post punk, though I wouldn't call myself an expert (because I could name a lot of important bands I still need to get into). xp
SmilingBomb

I'm also looking for more good hip-hop [?] music like; Kanye West, Common, Peaches [if they're even considered that]. I'm fairly new to this whole liking hip-hop thing, so deal with my lack of knowledge. [I do know, that for reasons beyond me, I love the really sexist 90's rap, like Notorious BIG and stuff~]

[[Also, I'm looking for a website I found a long time ago where you'd type in a band name and a giant web would pop up that links similar bands....does anyone know the link?]

I know some great Folk-Rock and Folk-Pop, since you like the Decemberists..... I suggest you check out: The Levellers, who pertain one of the strongest fanbases and have sold a lot of albums throughout the few decades.

There's also a strong Folk-Pop band called Tilly & the Wall, their album Wild Like Childfen is amazing. Also, there is early Lene Marlin for grand Folk-Pop, as far as I'm concerned. Try this song, for instance..

For Hip-Hop you may want to look into the stylings of K-OS, Immortal Technique, Blackalicious, 2Pac, and Atmosphere for examples.
I want something interesting.
I listen to damn near anything except country.
for example I listen to Muse, Radiohead, Berlin, Dragonforce, Imagen Heap, Tool, Dir En Grey, Coheed & Cambria, Metric, 80's, Teckno & rock.
Shadowolf
SmilingBomb

I'm sure you may love The Umbrellas, Psapp, Small Sins, Say Hi to Your Mom, The Red Paintings, Persephone's Bees, Mates of State, Islands, Brazilian Girls, The Books, 8mm, and Masha Qrella. Ooh, and The Cardigans. ^_^

[edit- As for the website you're looking for, I know what you're talking about, but it's been so long, I can't remember the name. I'll see what I can dig up though...) ]
[EDIT2- I think this is the site, though it's changed dramatically from what I remember: http://audiomap.tuneglue.net/ ]

Good thread, btw! ^.^
... And I wish I had expertise at something. emo Oh well... I know a lot of post punk, though I wouldn't call myself an expert (because I could name a lot of important bands I still need to get into). xp
the Shins & hello good bye too

oh & P.S. Death Cap & postal service are pretty much the same band.
The Postal Service and Death Cab for Cutie are very different. Same umbrella genre, but still different.

"Something Interesting"... lol. I don't even know how to recommend to that.
Saria513
I want something interesting.

Electric Masada's At The Mountains of Madness?

Haha.
recommend me something in the lines of Horrorpops, or tiger army.
Dr Pen0r
recommend me something in the lines of Horrorpops, or tiger army.

Devil Doll
I need some other recc such as the Flower Travelin Band , that s**t is complete ********.
Maybe you're going to recc Boris but I only know of them so, everthing else FTB like but not Boris.
Moonlight Agony
I want something like The Devin Townsend band, if you can.
More to the point, songs like "Life," "Slow Me Down" "Storm" or "Christen."

Looks like I was missed in all the post lol.
Moonlight Agony
Moonlight Agony

Tough one, but I think you might like Amorphis.

Try anything after Tuonela (Am Universum, Far From The Sun, and if you're into melodic death metal, Eclipse and Silent Waters).
I wonder I there'll be a day someone ask for something in spanish.
Kindergarten Splattercult
Moonlight Agony
Moonlight Agony

Tough one, but I think you might like Amorphis.

Try anything after Tuonela (Am Universum, Far From The Sun, and if you're into melodic death metal, Eclipse and Silent Waters).

I do like the genre for sometime now, lol but doesn't match up with Devin. xp

I'm liking the band so far.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas