Welcome to Gaia! ::

HeadfirstForHalos01
@ Nikomikiri: haha nope the mcr thread will never stay dead 3nodding

Ditto.
We just keep coming back. XD

and to stay on topic;

Have you gotten anyone to listen to MCR? [doesn't matter if it was forced... xD]

I have. Basically, every time my friends come over, I force them into a music video marathon. xD [made of mainly MCR...]
And now one of my friends really likes I'm Not Okay.
And one of them bought the Black Parade. [I tried, I tried to make them buy Sweet Revenge. Oh well. Still, it's MCR.]
@ crucifix : I can't say that I remember seeing you..D<

Album: Three Cheers

Non-singles: Demolition Lovers, Cemetery Drive [I..don't think it's a single o_o] and Mama.

Single: I'm Not Okay.

(:
I love this band. They are so in my top 10. biggrin
ivory effin soap

Have you gotten anyone to listen to MCR? [doesn't matter if it was forced... xD]

Yep. I got my brother to listen to them. I made him watch all of their music videos, then he started really liking them.
I adore MCR, but gosh, I feel like they have been letting the Rmy down lately. And I think poor Gerard has lost it. He's not well. D:

Rainbow Raider

I forced my friend to go to an mcr concert with me, & by the end of the show she loved them! And I also forced my brother to watch their videos, he kind of likes them but he's still young so there's plenty of time to convince him of their greatness.
Such Sweet Nightmares

I'm surprised people agree, glad, but surprised.
@ crucifix
When bands change their music, they're not the same band.
Their new music is simple, completely different, and overall no longer fun to listen to. Honestly, if you like TBP so much, you must've not liked MCR that much in the bullets and three cheers era.
I spent some time in NYC and saw them pre-release of bullets in a club playing some covers and originals. I later saw them opening for some other band ( not sure who, I left after MCR played ) and I immediately bought bullets when it came out.
I'm definitely sure that I'm one of their earliest fans.
[Edit] I do agree, however, that it is a shame to make a new thread duen to spam.

Not the same band? I disagree with that completly. As you grow older and change are you not the same person? I've been around since Revenge. Even if your one of the earlier fans it doesn't mean all other fans are posers. I saw a person like that at my PR concert. His t-shirt said something like "True MCR fans came before the parade." That kind of thing makes me sick. A lot of MCR fans, including myself, are young enough that we really wern't that into music when Bullets came out.

As for fave Albums and such:

Album: Depends on my mood.

Non-singles: Demolition Lovers, Our Lady Of Sorrows, I Never Told You What I Do For A Living, The Sharpest Lives

Single: Ghost Of You

I might as well include cover too. Cover: Under Pressure

Edit: @ muffin_of_darkness: Aww, oh well. Guess I didn't stick out that much. xD
Okay, so on the topic of the new fans being poseurs;

I was like... seven, when Bullets came out. :/ Maybe six. So yeah, you guess how old I am now.

Yeah, I got into MCR when Welcome to the Black Parade was playing like, everywhere.

Just because you heard of them later than someone else, doesn't really make you a poseur.

To me, poseurs just want Gerard/Frank/Mikey/Bob/Ray's babies.
So you know. As long as you like the music, /I/ think you're a true MCR fan. [but that's just me.]

Rainbow Raider

Crucifix Bones

Not the same band? I disagree with that completly. As you grow older and change are you not the same person? I've been around since Revenge. Even if your one of the earlier fans it doesn't mean all other fans are posers. I saw a person like that at my PR concert. His t-shirt said something like "True MCR fans came before the parade." That kind of thing makes me sick. A lot of MCR fans, including myself, are young enough that we really wern't that into music when Bullets came out.

I agree with you, like we don't already get enough hate from people who don't like mcr, now we are dividing ourselves as well? I think its great that they are good at so many different styles of music and just makes them a better band.
HeadfirstForHalos01
Crucifix Bones

I agree with you, like we don't already get enough hate from people who don't like mcr, now we are dividing ourselves as well? I think its great that they are good at so many different styles of music and just makes them a better band.

Exactly. ^^ I mean, they even made that stupid Umbrella song sound good. xD

Also, your sig is awesome.
3nodding

I was about ten when Bullets came out. I didn't start listening to music that much until I was 12.
Ah, Umbrella../happy smile/

The thing is, fans are fans. Even if they're annoying little teenie fans, they're still better than the haters. /shrug/ I'm bad at getting things out right xD
I actually prefer haters over Teenies. xD
I'm odd I know.

So has anyone here seen the SURS PR interview with Gerard? You guys probably have but I thought I'd bring it up anyways.
To each his own (:

And no, I don't think I have..

Edit: DUDE. I just saw one of your random pics in your sigs, and I have to say, real men /do/ take bubble baths xD. Yay for Mike in a snorkle.
ROFL
They're not worthy enough to have more than one official thread.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff