Welcome to Gaia! ::

HeadfirstForHalos01
Yep, the show was great! I got to see muse also which made the show twice as good
[Ahh. Awesome.
Such Sweet Nightmares
Have you noticed that all the new fans are posers?
"My favorite songs are [insert mainstream Black Parade album awfulness here]"
It pisses me off, because as a fan, people confuse me with them. I loved Bullets, and Three Cheers was great, but the new album is way too mainstream. Like Green Day's American Idiot, I wish they were more like Slayer (in staying the same terms).
Then again, I've shifted more towards Manson now, still not as much as MCR, but a lot of his music, even though it frequently changes.
But back to MCR, I think that they should go back to their style, not like the Black Parade, where they mimic other bands.

Ah, I hear this all the time.
See that's the great thing about MCR, they have the ability to change their music like that. I'm not gonna touch Green Day because this is the MCR thread...I can see why you would want them to go back but they're a changed band. They've grown up a bit and so has their music. To me the Black Parade is different from anything else I listen to but I suppose it's all opinion.

Now I'm not to fond of WTTBP much at all, the radio killed it for me, but I still think the album is great. I don't have a favorite between Bullets, Revenge, and TBP. To me, the music is awe inspiring.

As for concert wise, I saw them August 28th, one of the best days of my life. Their live set is amazing. I've got a whole review in my journal. I thought PR was a great blend of bands. The next chance I get I'm going to see them again.

Also, it's a shame a new MCR thread had to be made.
Crucifix Bones
Such Sweet Nightmares
It pisses me off, because as a fan, people confuse me with them. I loved Bullets, and Three Cheers was great, but the new album is way too mainstream. Like Green Day's American Idiot, I wish they were more like Slayer (in staying the same terms).
Then again, I've shifted more towards Manson now, still not as much as MCR, but a lot of his music, even though it frequently changes.
But back to MCR, I think that they should go back to their style, not like the Black Parade, where they mimic other bands.

Ah, I hear this all the time.
See that's the great thing about MCR, they have the ability to change their music like that. I'm not gonna touch Green Day because this is the MCR thread...I can see why you would want them to go back but they're a changed band. They've grown up a bit and so has their music. To me the Black Parade is different from anything else I listen to but I suppose it's all opinion.

Now I'm not to fond of WTTBP much at all, the radio killed it for me, but I still think the album is great. I don't have a favorite between Bullets, Revenge, and TBP. To me, the music is awe inspiring.

As for concert wise, I saw them August 28th, one of the best days of my life. Their live set is amazing. I've got a whole review in my journal. I thought PR was a great blend of bands. The next chance I get I'm going to see them again.

Also, it's a shame a new MCR thread had to be made.

I agree with you; people change, it's part of life. And hey, I bet I saw you at PR xD
muffin_of_darkness

I agree with you; people change, it's part of life. And hey, I bet I saw you at PR xD

I'm glad you agree with me. You were at the August 28th PR? Awesome. ^^ It was so hot that day I'm glad MCR was on when it cooled down.

I was wandering around in a bright orange shirt and a signed breast cancer awareness hat so there is a chance you could have seen me.
HeadfirstForHalos01
Yep, the show was great! I got to see muse also which made the show twice as good

I know this post really has no contribution to the thread but I was wondering...

Why do you have Green Day and MCR pasted on an Iron Maiden CD? gonk
Aw, man.
I had the crappiest seats. xD I was on the very, very top row, the one farthest away from the stage, on the very, very side. And I couldn't even see those huge screens. And Gerard and everyone looked really tiny. D:
Frank especially.

-shot-

And it rained a bit when I went. D: It was really cold, too.
And it was really cold. I was wearing two hoodies. xD

Rainbow Raider

lcarus
HeadfirstForHalos01

I know this post really has no contribution to the thread but I was wondering...

Why do you have Green Day and MCR pasted on an Iron Maiden CD? gonk

I get this from Iron Maiden fans all the time stare killers is one of my favorite cd's ever and Green Day & MCR are my favorite bands.
Can't I just like whatever bands I want to without people saying how horrible it is to like Maiden and also GD & MCR gonk
ivory effin soap
Sammipooh
Such Sweet Nightmares

I agree completely. I've always been a huge fan of Three Cheers (Thank you for the Venom, I'm Not Okay (I Promise), and Hang Em High have always been favorites) and I recently heard TBP. I liked Welcome to the Black Parade when the tempo picked up, but all of the other songs I didn't care for too much. It didn't sound anything like the older MCR.

Yeah, me too. I have to fast forward through the intro of Welcome to the Black Parade. xD
I don't know, though. I like the Black Parade. :/
Just not as much as Three Cheers. <3

I'm surprised people agree, glad, but surprised.
@ crucifix
When bands change their music, they're not the same band.
Their new music is simple, completely different, and overall no longer fun to listen to. Honestly, if you like TBP so much, you must've not liked MCR that much in the bullets and three cheers era.
I spent some time in NYC and saw them pre-release of bullets in a club playing some covers and originals. I later saw them opening for some other band ( not sure who, I left after MCR played ) and I immediately bought bullets when it came out.
I'm definitely sure that I'm one of their earliest fans.
[Edit] I do agree, however, that it is a shame to make a new thread duen to spam.
HeadfirstForHalos01
I was wondering where the mcr thread went. Is anybody getting the umbrella academy in a couple weeks? Seems like it's taking forever to come out.

I really am interested in reading Umbrella Academy i think it will turn out well form what i have seen
so guys tell the world:
what's your fave album?
what's your top 3 NON-singles by them?
what's your fave single?
heart

Rainbow Raider

Ita_Uchiha
HeadfirstForHalos01
I was wondering where the mcr thread went. Is anybody getting the umbrella academy in a couple weeks? Seems like it's taking forever to come out.

I really am interested in reading Umbrella Academy i think it will turn out well form what i have seen

I hope so, I know some people aren't going to read it just because he wrote it. Those covers are looking pretty awesome, I'd buy them just for that.
Bloodstained Fairytale
so guys tell the world:
what's your fave album?
what's your top 3 NON-singles by them?
what's your fave single?
heart

Favorite Album; THREE CHEERS, YAAAAY. <3
Favorite Non-Singles; Disenchanted, You Know What They Do to Guys like Us in Prison, and Give 'Em Hell, Kid.
Favorite Single; Our Lady of Sorrows or I'm Not Okay. Or Under Pressure if that counts.

and if anyone cares, my favorite video is Helena [I like synchronized dance.] or I'm Not Okay.

I probably sound like a poseur. xD Oh well.
~Barcelona - It was the first time that we met~

Damn.
I was hoping that thread would stay dead permanently.

User Image

~The moment that you stepped into the room you took my breath awayl~

Rainbow Raider

hmmm favorite album . . I can never pick
favorite 3 non singles right now are mama, demolition lovers, and prison
favorite single definitly Headfirst for Halos

Rainbow Raider

@ Nikomikiri: haha nope the mcr thread will never stay dead 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff