Warning 0.076305220883534 7.6% [ 19 ]
Shenanigans 0.012048192771084 1.2% [ 3 ]
American Idiot 0.32931726907631 32.9% [ 82 ]
21st Century Breakdown 0.14859437751004 14.9% [ 37 ]
Can't choose/Don't like Green Day 0.12449799196787 12.4% [ 31 ]
Total Votes:[ 249 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 340 341 342 > >> >>> »|

DaiShutao
Huh. I always thought this thread was a lot bigger... and had a lot of my friends in it.

Guess they must have restarted it after the American Idiot buzz went down.

Anyway, I just wanted to note that "Behind the Music that Sucks" did indeed do a show on Green Day, but unlike the fifty some odd other artists/groups they've gone after, they actually attacked Green Day's FANS rather than the band. In fact, they made them look downright intellectual. Except for Mike. He's still a brick.

I thought that might be a good sign that Green Day will rise from the ashes of all the really old, "hardcore" fans' attack on their integrity. Selling out isn't selling out if your making the music you want to make. It's getting paid for making music you enjoy. They're living the dream, people.

That's all I've got to say about that.

This is the fourth thread. There was the Unofficial, then Ibun's, then Zodo's, and now mine. o_x
And I remember you. When was the last time you posted here? (Here, meaning any of the Green Day threads.)

So...they made Billie Joe and Tre look smart, but not Mike? confused That seems odd, and Mike usually comes across as the smartest.
And that's not right to attack fans of the band. It's bad enough to attack a band, but to attack the people that like them? neutral

And I agree. They started branching out, making music they wanted to around Nimrod. Billie Joe wrote Good Riddance way before Nimrod, but only showed it to anybody then, because he was afraid people would think they'd sold out even further, and people would lose respect for them, but...around Nimrod they stopped caring what people thought. They branched out, then tried something totally new with Warning. Not to make money, but because they wanted to. Same with American Idiot. Those were risky albums to make.
Starburstnova
He's a music forum helper. xd He can't ban you, but I wouldn't go out of your way to piss him off, either.

He's right, though. Green Day never has been, and most likely never will be punk, and it's even less likely they'll ever be emo(tive hardcore).

Their cover of My Generation was actually one of the first Green Day songs I had.
Yes but he was 3 other threads of mine just came & said they sucked (they were all music threads) and just left...I think thats just mean

Heroic Seeker

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Starburstnova
DaiShutao
Huh. I always thought this thread was a lot bigger... and had a lot of my friends in it.

Guess they must have restarted it after the American Idiot buzz went down.

Anyway, I just wanted to note that "Behind the Music that Sucks" did indeed do a show on Green Day, but unlike the fifty some odd other artists/groups they've gone after, they actually attacked Green Day's FANS rather than the band. In fact, they made them look downright intellectual. Except for Mike. He's still a brick.

I thought that might be a good sign that Green Day will rise from the ashes of all the really old, "hardcore" fans' attack on their integrity. Selling out isn't selling out if your making the music you want to make. It's getting paid for making music you enjoy. They're living the dream, people.

That's all I've got to say about that.

This is the fourth thread. There was the Unofficial, then Ibun's, then Zodo's, and now mine. o_x
And I remember you. When was the last time you posted here? (Here, meaning any of the Green Day threads.)

So...they made Billie Joe and Tre look smart, but not Mike? confused That seems odd, and Mike usually comes across as the smartest.
And that's not right to attack fans of the band. It's bad enough to attack a band, but to attack the people that like them? neutral

And I agree. They started branching out, making music they wanted to around Nimrod. Billie Joe wrote Good Riddance way before Nimrod, but only showed it to anybody then, because he was afraid people would think they'd sold out even further, and people would lose respect for them, but...around Nimrod they stopped caring what people thought. They branched out, then tried something totally new with Warning. Not to make money, but because they wanted to. Same with American Idiot. Those were risky albums to make.
Exactly. Green Day managed to strike a balance enjoyed by very few major artists: They made music they loved and got paid handsomely for it, and continued to do so up until the latest album.

*ehem* I haven't been around the music forum for a long, long time, for the sake of my heart pressure and to stop me from going around with a battleaxe made of all the bad CD's to come out in the last decade and slaying small children who speak out about music they "hate" without really giving it a try.

(Some little b*****d tried to say that SOAD was simple and bland. I will have his limbs on a platter and his torso in a wood chipper.)
Oh, and this happened last night. Note the date of the thread, though. It took a while, 'cause the mod I PMed never responded. mad But...yeah. Zodo doesn't have time for the thread anymore, so she passed it along.

Maybe I should change it to v. Xefeon instead of v4, then. rofl

And yeah, My Generation wasn't great. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't that good, either. But I do think it was the best song on the Sweet Children EP, so it seems good in comparison. xd But the first time I heard it, I remember thinking "What is this s**t? gonk " I got used to it, though.
adi_80
Starburstnova
He's a music forum helper. xd He can't ban you, but I wouldn't go out of your way to piss him off, either.

He's right, though. Green Day never has been, and most likely never will be punk, and it's even less likely they'll ever be emo(tive hardcore).

Their cover of My Generation was actually one of the first Green Day songs I had.
Yes but he was 3 other threads of mine just came & said they sucked (they were all music threads) and just left...I think thats just mean
It's she, and she's just honest.

I don't know how I found my way in here, but I used to be a huge Green Day fan, I guess if I had to I could contribute to the conversation.

Heroic Seeker

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
adi_80
Starburstnova

Sometimes, we must be total dicks to the people who can't form a coherent string of English. Okay, done raging.

By that I mean that although your intentions were probably good, any extra threads you made about Green Day are redundant and unnecessary in the Music forum. There has always been an official GD thread, which is where stuff about GD goes, especially if it's JUST about GD and nothing else. You must understand her position.
Starburstnova
Oh, and this happened last night. Note the date of the thread, though. It took a while, 'cause the mod I PMed never responded. mad But...yeah. Zodo doesn't have time for the thread anymore, so she passed it along.

Maybe I should change it to v. Xefeon instead of v4, then. rofl

And yeah, My Generation wasn't great. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't that good, either. But I do think it was the best song on the Sweet Children EP, so it seems good in comparison. xd But the first time I heard it, I remember thinking "What is this s**t? gonk " I got used to it, though.

I'm not a huge fan of Sweet Children, or 1039/sosh, so yar.

And "what is this s**t?" is the exact reaction I have to most Green Day songs.

Except then, inevitably, Green Day songs always get stuck in my head after one or two times of listening to them, and then I'm stuck asking myself "why do I have such an immense desire and need to listen to this s**t?" instead.

yay4horriblycatchysongs.

Heroic Seeker

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
It takes a very special kind of song to get itself stuck in the heads of those who hate it. That's POWER.
[[Espresso]]
adi_80
Starburstnova

I don't know how I found my way in here, but I used to be a huge Green Day fan, I guess if I had to I could contribute to the conversation.

Huge Green Day fans don't only own five albums. scream

Heroic Seeker

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Titty Smacka
[[Espresso]]
adi_80
Starburstnova

Huge Green Day fans don't only own five albums. scream
True Green Day fans also aren't insufferable bitches. Don't start.
Billy Joe is so hott. domokun

Heroic Seeker

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
IbunCloudslayer
Billy Joe is so hott. domokun
... Oh no. Not again. RUN! BILLIE FANGIRLS!
Son of a b***h. Another GD thread. crying

lolz ibun1!!!1 nd tray iz soooo funi1!!11 nd hawttt1!!!!1!! heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart twisted lol twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted whee whee whee whee heart heart

Heroic Seeker

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The Dread Pirate LeChuck!
Son of a b***h. Another GD thread. crying

lolz ibun1!!!1 nd tray iz soooo funi1!!11 nd hawttt1!!!!1!! heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart twisted lol twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted whee whee whee whee heart heart
AAAUUUUGH! NO MORE! NOT AGAIN!
lmao.

So, starburst..out of curiosity, why another Green Day thread?

Christ, this is the sixth one I've had to subscribe to since I joined Gaia longs times agos.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff