Shenanigans 0.012048192771084 1.2% [ 3 ]
American Idiot 0.32931726907631 32.9% [ 82 ]
21st Century Breakdown 0.14859437751004 14.9% [ 37 ]
Can't choose/Don't like Green Day 0.12449799196787 12.4% [ 31 ]
Total Votes:[ 249 ]

GreenSouthpaw
Been Through Enough
God. xD Love Green Day!

Me too! wink . Have anything more to say on 'em?

Maybe... 4laugh
Been Through Enough
GreenSouthpaw
Been Through Enough
God. xD Love Green Day!

Maybe... 4laugh
...Well?

Laura, You don't get that sense from that song? XD. Maybe it's the rest of the album that is coloring my interpretation of it, but to me it definitely has sex just below the surface with those lyrics. Of course I could be way off. But...
GreenSouthpaw
Been Through Enough
GreenSouthpaw
Been Through Enough
God. xD Love Green Day!

Maybe... 4laugh
...Well?

Laura, You don't get that sense from that song? XD. Maybe it's the rest of the album that is coloring my interpretation of it, but to me it definitely has sex just below the surface with those lyrics. Of course I could be way off. But...

Both my ex's and mines favorite band. And both the favorite song is 21 Guns....Green Day is aawesome. I don't listen to them as much cuz it kinda makes me depressed since..yeah..
Do you have any of their albums?
I really don't haha. Seems more like an angsty teenage anti-love song to me. It is right after Troublemaker on the album though. xd So maybe it's a contextual thing? I dunno.

I don't pretend to know what goes on in BJ's head haha.

Been Through Enough - Aww. sad I hate when ex's ruin songs for you. "To Be With You" by Mr. Big plays at work every day, and Mr. Big was my ex's favorite band, so for a long time I couldn't hear the song without getting sad. Didn't help that I heard it EVERY DAY. And I still can't listen to "Promise" by Matchbook Romance without wanting to cry. (Another ex-related song.)
Star, you ought to pretend to know what goes on in his head. razz . Otherwise what discussion cna be had about song meanings?!

I think the whole tone of it, it just seems like the perspective of someone older speaking to someone younger, and the "you wanna senorita" thing... IDK. I've been wrong before lol .
Oh, the one thing that really stands out as odd about that song is the "won't you be my bloody valentine". I do love his use of violent imagery to express strong emotions, though. He has done it before, especially on Nimrod, and like, "Rotting".

And "Kill The DJ" is really ******** awesome...
Well the whole song has violent imagery. "Stab my heart like a stick in the mud, cut my chest just to see the blood, now I'm singing out the alphabet as the tears are putting out my cigarette." It's not a happy song. Which is why I don't see it as even remotely sexual. (Not that unhappy and sexual can't go together, as proven by "Worry Rock" but still. I just don't see it in "Angel Blue." wink

I just see it as a sad/bitter song about a failed teenage romance. I don't know whether it's personal, reflective on a past event, speculative, or about somebody else, or just pure fiction for the sake of the song, but...I dunno.

I ******** love "Kill The DJ." 4laugh But then again, I love all the songs. I'm currently on a "Troublemaker" kick right now. And I think "Angel Blue" is overtaking "Carpe Diem" as my favorite song.
I was saying I love his use of violent imagery in all of his lyrics, kind of as a tangent unrelated to the sexual thing just in response to the bloody valentine thing.

So do I. whee

Is that an official video? surprised I like it! Although it doesn't seem fun enough for the song haha.
It's official as in it comes from the band's page, but it's not like, Mtv official or anything. It appears to be off of the documentary DVD. Which makes me excited for it heart .

Wheezing Werewolf

8,000 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
#IDIOT FOR LIFE

Wheezing Werewolf

8,000 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
GreenSouthpaw
I was saying I love his use of violent imagery in all of his lyrics, kind of as a tangent unrelated to the sexual thing just in response to the bloody valentine thing.

The beginning sounds like Horseshoes And Handgrenades! biggrin

I love that song in fact I was *just* listening to it. But you just mean the way he sings, right? It sounds like The Network. Christian's Inferno sounds like something that could have been off of Money Money 2020. Not that it's them, or anything... ninja .
LOVE THIS BAND! <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces