Shenanigans 0.012048192771084 1.2% [ 3 ]
American Idiot 0.32931726907631 32.9% [ 82 ]
21st Century Breakdown 0.14859437751004 14.9% [ 37 ]
Can't choose/Don't like Green Day 0.12449799196787 12.4% [ 31 ]
Total Votes:[ 249 ]

FallenKibaWolf55
Starburstnova
So who's pumped for Uno?!

Any favorite songs so far? Personally, I'm loving Kill The DJ and Troublemaker.

I like your BMW. wink
xd

BM-eXcellent tits.
sweatdrop rofl
So what's everybody's favorite song on ¡Uno! so far?

I think mine is probably Carpe Diem, although I also really love Angel Blue, Nuclear Family, and Fell For You. Those are definitely top 4 though.
I can't deny that Rusty James is really good, but as for favorites? Favorites I just... can't... pick.
I like Troublemaker too, and Kill The DJ... Kill the DJ is really ********' good actually. But I dunno... they're all good, they're similar but different enough that it is still tough to decide... appeal to different emotions/tastes.
I will agree with that! Troublemaker and Kill The DJ were the standouts on my first listen through, but after multiple listens, they don't grab me as much. I still absolutely adore them, of course, but I dunno. I thought those two were going to be my clear favorites, but somehow they're not.

Kill The DJ is a really FUN song, and my favorite part of the album is probably the guitar solo in Troublemaker.

My favorites will probably change a ton. I'm sure I'll get sick of Carpe Diem because it's so repetitive, but as of right now, that's probably my favorite...or Angel Blue.

Nuclear Family and Fell For You keep getting stuck in my head. Those four in general are the ones I keep humming to myself, which makes me want to keep listening to them. I'm sure once I listen to them a ton, my favorites will shift haha.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Once you get used to hearing them enough it's like... they're there, they're part of the record now. Haha.

Fell For You, Carpe Diem, Sweet Sixteen, and Rusty James keep getting stuck in my head.

Anyone have any clue as to what the ******** Angel Blue is about? The rest are mainly guessable, but this one... If you take it at face value, he seems to be ... "laying" teenagers. Yet that seems rather unlikely >.<. And he's never been one to completely bullshit a song.
I've added Rusty James and Oh Love to my list of favorites now, too. rofl This is always how I go about doing albums. I'll start with one or two songs, then add, then add, then add, maybe subtract a couple when I start getting sick of them, add a couple more, subtract, and add until I've had a phase with every song, then eventually I pick out my favorites. Sometimes they're ones that were originally the ones I couldn't stop listening to, sometimes they're ones I didn't fully appreciate until I picked up on the intricacies of them.

Hmm. I would guess it's just about teenage relationships and how overdramatic they can be? "Stab my heart like a stick in the mud, cut my chest just to see the blood, now I'm singing out the alphabet as the tears are putting out my cigarette." The lyrics sound like they should be on 1039/SOSH, akin to At The Library, Paper Lanterns, The Judge's Daughter, etc. I don't necessarily think it's a personal song, unless it's reflecting on past events. I don't think he's laying teenagers. xd Even if it isn't a personal song, that doesn't mean he's bullshitting it either. It's probably just trying to make a statement. It's hard to say.

So I'd guess it's either not personal, or if it is, it's reflecting on past events. Hard to write angsty songs about romance when you're happily married, but it also doesn't mean you can't remember what it was like haha. If that is the case, it would explain why it sounds so cheerful and perky but the lyrics are so dark.
Starburstnova
I've added Rusty James and Oh Love to my list of favorites now, too. rofl This is always how I go about doing albums. I'll start with one or two songs, then add, then add, then add, maybe subtract a couple when I start getting sick of them, add a couple more, subtract, and add until I've had a phase with every song, then eventually I pick out my favorites. Sometimes they're ones that were originally the ones I couldn't stop listening to, sometimes they're ones I didn't fully appreciate until I picked up on the intricacies of them.

Hmm. I would guess it's just about teenage relationships and how overdramatic they can be? "Stab my heart like a stick in the mud, cut my chest just to see the blood, now I'm singing out the alphabet as the tears are putting out my cigarette." The lyrics sound like they should be on 1039/SOSH, akin to At The Library, Paper Lanterns, The Judge's Daughter, etc. I don't necessarily think it's a personal song, unless it's reflecting on past events. I don't think he's laying teenagers. xd Even if it isn't a personal song, that doesn't mean he's bullshitting it either. It's probably just trying to make a statement. It's hard to say.

So I'd guess it's either not personal, or if it is, it's reflecting on past events. Hard to write angsty songs about romance when you're happily married, but it also doesn't mean you can't remember what it was like haha. If that is the case, it would explain why it sounds so cheerful and perky but the lyrics are so dark.

I think this record is intensely personal and although it is nostalgic... I've come to realize that all of it is written from the point of view of here and now. Which puts it out of place. No, I don't think he's laying teenagers (or anyone in the range of a teenager, early 20s etc)... But maybe, he's thinking about it or at least... sort of daydreaming. But it could be from the place of just having all of that "sexual tension" ... In the same vein as "Troublemaker". It's just all very strange because he seems to be in a pretty happy marriage, haha.
Oh, I didn't say the ALBUM wasn't personal. I don't know how to explain what I meant. xd

Daydreaming could be it. I'm going to guess it's reflective. Could be he's thinking about old relationships and this is his view on them from the present, seeing how unhealthy they were?

Maybe I'm stretching. I don't know. I don't pretend to understand what goes on in other people's heads especially from vague lyrics haha.
God. xD Love Green Day!
Starburstnova
Oh, I didn't say the ALBUM wasn't personal. I don't know how to explain what I meant. xd

Daydreaming could be it. I'm going to guess it's reflective. Could be he's thinking about old relationships and this is his view on them from the present, seeing how unhealthy they were?

Maybe I'm stretching. I don't know. I don't pretend to understand what goes on in other people's heads especially from vague lyrics haha.

I mean, the whole album is. This doesn't strike me as reminiscence. It's very much present. He is very much present. So either he is speaking for someone else, or just daydreams and idle thoughts...
Been Through Enough
God. xD Love Green Day!

Me too! wink . Have anything more to say on 'em?
GreenSouthpaw
Starburstnova

I mean, the whole album is. This doesn't strike me as reminiscence. It's very much present. He is very much present. So either he is speaking for someone else, or just daydreams and idle thoughts...

The funny thing is right after I posted that, I left my house...and as I was less than a minute away from my house, I thought "OMG HE'S PROBABLY WRITING IT BECAUSE OF JOEY. rofl " Maybe he's inspired by watching his son's romantic endeavors or something. I dunno. Might be a crackpot theory, but who knows?

@ Been Through Enough - We all do! mrgreen
Starburstnova
GreenSouthpaw

The funny thing is right after I posted that, I left my house...and as I was less than a minute away from my house, I thought "OMG HE'S PROBABLY WRITING IT BECAUSE OF JOEY. rofl " Maybe he's inspired by watching his son's romantic endeavors or something. I dunno. Might be a crackpot theory, but who knows?

@ Been Through Enough - We all do! mrgreen

I think that would be rather weird lol . Especially given the strong sexual undercurrent of the song. You say some of the craziest things lol .

Oh also... he says "you're just a ******** kid and no one ever gives you a break" like as if it is written from the perspective of someone who is older and... marginally wiser at least. Haha.
Strong sexual whaaaaa? rofl I see NOTHING sexual about it. It's a bitter song about romance as far as I can tell, but nothing to do with sex.

Hmm. He says "You're the princess, I'm a ******** clown" and "You want a senorita" so if the song is speaking to one person, maybe it's about/for a lesbian? xd

I really have no idea. I just think it's a cute, sad, fun song and I love it to death.

Greedy Capitalist

God, I forgot that they exist.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas