Warning 0.076305220883534 7.6% [ 19 ]
Shenanigans 0.012048192771084 1.2% [ 3 ]
American Idiot 0.32931726907631 32.9% [ 82 ]
21st Century Breakdown 0.14859437751004 14.9% [ 37 ]
Can't choose/Don't like Green Day 0.12449799196787 12.4% [ 31 ]
Total Votes:[ 249 ]

Permanent_Insanity
deathbycliff
I'm trying to convince my mom to let me go to the first concert that they have anywhere near me... it's not working T-T

I think if I could afford a ticket my parents would let me go. That would be so cool.

I can afford the ticket, but they think that I shouldn't be going to concerts blah blah blah, there might be booze blah blah blah inappropriate language blah blah blah.

Codebreaking Rogue

deathbycliff
Permanent_Insanity
deathbycliff
I'm trying to convince my mom to let me go to the first concert that they have anywhere near me... it's not working T-T

I think if I could afford a ticket my parents would let me go. That would be so cool.

I can afford the ticket, but they think that I shouldn't be going to concerts blah blah blah, there might be booze blah blah blah inappropriate language blah blah blah.

That sucks. Why is inappropriate language a reason?
Permanent_Insanity

That sucks. Why is inappropriate language a reason?

I have not clue, but apparently it is. I just hope that by the time they come here again, I can convince my parents to let me see it.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

D: Still no 'when.' crying At least they're working. I want them to take time enough so they're happy with whatever they decide to put out, but damnit I'm impatient!
Aw I like the thing Billie quoted of himself.
"He goes, 'When's your next record coming out?' And I was like, 'God, I don't know.'"

It made me giggle. Same with the middle-aged part. Aw.. xD
Starburstnova

D: Still no 'when.' crying At least they're working. I want them to take time enough so they're happy with whatever they decide to put out, but damnit I'm impatient!

sounds like they're over thinking it.
Better to over think than under think.
Starburstnova

Hello and welcome to the Official Green Day Thread v4.0. This is a place for new fans, old fans, and even potential fans to come together and discuss our favorite trio. Yes, you heard me...this thread is meant for fans of all kinds. Even if you've only heard a few songs, but are interested in learning more about Green Day from some of the more seasoned fans, this is the place to come. So, please read and follow the rules and enjoy yourselves in The Official Green Day Thread.

Some of our regulars like to get off-topic when nothing new and interesting is going on. If you want to talk with Green Day fans about things unrelated to Green Day, please use The Official Off-Topic Thread.
It's there for a reason.

Special thanks to Zodokai for setting up the front page, and letting me use it again for this thread!

• Post 1: Welcome/Table of Contents
  • Post 2: Rules
  • Post 3: FAQ
  • Post 4: Posting Suggestions
  • Post 5: Band Updates
  • Post 6: Tour Dates
  • Post 7: Links
  • Post 8: Green Day Bio
  • Post 9: Billie Joe Bio
  • Post 10: Mike Bio
  • Post 11: Tre Bio
  • Post 12: LPs/EPs
  • Post 13: Singles/Soundtracks/Compilations
  • Post 14: DVDs/Movies/Other Works
  • Post 15: Banners

i have never listened to green day.
i love Green Day they rock
I don't think they're overthinking it. It's going to take a lot to topple American Idiot.

But then again, maybe the trend of hating them will go away if they come out with another Dookie.
I think they did mention they wanted something more Green Day classic sounding but that seems like too far back... I think they are more likely to make a Nimrod themed album.
Either way. I think the trend of hating them will go away. Reminds me of U2..people seem to lump in Bono's quest for world peace with the music, automatically making the music bad.

rolleyes
Yeah, that's totally noticeable. People that want to change/help the world suck, eh? XD

Edit: They are all setting a good example, too. People are so influenced by music, and quite the large amount. I don't know how much of a leap it is from just plain Rock music (or whatever genre). It's like a step ahead of fund raising festival shows.
Does anyone have a clue of what I'm talking about? I kind of lost myself in that one.
Really...i can't stand them anymore.
They were chill at first, and then...nothing.

Dookie=wonderful.
American Idiot=Not so much.

They changed..a lot.
Would you seriously rather have had them put out five more Dookies than actually show a progression in their music? neutral

Yes, they've changed. Not THAT much. And it's all been a very slow progressive evolution. One of the reasons I like them so much is that they're no longer afraid to change their music at the risk of losing fans. Because at this point, changing can't be considered selling out because they'd probably lose more fans than they would gain, so you know they're doing it because they want to explore new ideas.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff