Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Gaian

5,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Market Browser 100
It's getting close to or it is Summer! And you know what that means- it's time for all those lovely Summer Tours and Festivals to come 'round.

This is the place where you can discuss your favorite festivals, tours, concerts, etc, past and present or upcoming ones that you're excited to go to!

Just keep in mind, follow the rules of the music forum and Gaia or your post will be deleted and you will be warned.

So have at it!~
i was fortunate enough to attend (with a couple friends) all three days of this year's No Fun Fest, an ongoing celebration of noise, power electronics, and other abrasive experimental underground music held in the greater New York City area. Curated since 2004 by noise artist Carlos Giffoni, NFF has been held over the space of three to four nights in various locations in Brooklyn and Manhattan attracting such noisy luminaries as Wolf Eyes et. al, Merzbow, Macronympha, Keiji Haino, Cluster, many many members of the Los Angeles Free Music Society, and regular appearances from Sonic Youth members Thurston Moore, Kim Gordon, and Lee Ranaldo. this year's three-night fest was held at the Knitting Factory in Manhattan after three very successful years at Brooklyn's The Hook. the change in venue was not very welcome, with several clashes with security and audience members (and performers), but the show managed to be quite a hit regardless.

highlights include Randy Yau's noise set featuring several contact microphones on the throat combined with the voracious devouring of a stalk of celery, the spacy synth videoscapes of Demons, Aaron Dilloway playing a wheelbarrow with a shovel as part of The Nevari Butchers, Hair Police producing yet another manic pit in their fourth festival appearance in five years, Ahlzagailzehguh's double basement encore, Lee Ranaldo's "Blind Piece #2" performance, and Philip Best getting down, dirty and totally perverted with an absolutely filthy Consumer Electronics set. pictures from a good portion of the performances are on my flickr page here, along with pictures from last year's fest.
GAYBRAHAM LINCOLN
i was fortunate enough to attend (with a couple friends) all three days of this year's No Fun Fest, an ongoing celebration of noise, power electronics, and other abrasive experimental underground music held in the greater New York City area. Curated since 2004 by noise artist Carlos Giffoni, NFF has been held over the space of three to four nights in various locations in Brooklyn and Manhattan attracting such noisy luminaries as Wolf Eyes et. al, Merzbow, Macronympha, Keiji Haino, Cluster, many many members of the Los Angeles Free Music Society, and regular appearances from Sonic Youth members Thurston Moore, Kim Gordon, and Lee Ranaldo. this year's three-night fest was held at the Knitting Factory in Manhattan after three very successful years at Brooklyn's The Hook. the change in venue was not very welcome, with several clashes with security and audience members (and performers), but the show managed to be quite a hit regardless.

highlights include Randy Yau's noise set featuring several contact microphones on the throat combined with the voracious devouring of a stalk of celery, the spacy synth videoscapes of Demons, Aaron Dilloway playing a wheelbarrow with a shovel as part of The Nevari Butchers, Hair Police producing yet another manic pit in their fourth festival appearance in five years, Ahlzagailzehguh's double basement encore, Lee Ranaldo's "Blind Piece #2" performance, and Philip Best getting down, dirty and totally perverted with an absolutely filthy Consumer Electronics set. pictures from a good portion of the performances are on my flickr page here, along with pictures from last year's fest.

WTF. I HATE you.

You know what sucks? Living like...5 blocks away, wanting to attend, and not being able to.
Box Of Decaying Fetuses
GAYBRAHAM LINCOLN

WTF. I HATE you.

You know what sucks? Living like...5 blocks away, wanting to attend, and not being able to.

that is a shame. couldn't get ahold of tickets in time or what?
I heard about that possible Pink Floyd reunion. wink

Otherwise all I'm looking forward to is possibly Buckethead. He usually comes near my parts, but this year is the year I really started to dig him, so, I hope he still comes around here.

No other festivals really strike my interest. Everyone's looking forward to Warped Tour and it disgusts me, neutral
woah ho ho

Going by the Roger Waters interview in Uncut, I wouldn't count on that happening any time soon. neutral
The Playboy Jazz Festival is coming. heart
I just came from Coachella and witnessed the awesomeness that is known as Portishead.

I envy anyone who are traveling to NY for the My Bloody Valentine ATP festival.
Nobue Ito
woah ho ho

Going by the Roger Waters interview in Uncut, I wouldn't count on that happening any time soon. neutral

Eh. Well, all I can do is hope, I guess. 4laugh
WHY AM I MISSING INSUBORDINATION FEST THIS YEAR?????
I'm seeing Billy Joel and Jimmy Buffett this year.

I want to see Gym Class Heroes, but they're going on Warped and I have no interest in that.

Wheezing Tycoon

3,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Tycoon 200
Quixotic Faye
I'm seeing Billy Joel and Jimmy Buffett this year.

I want to see Gym Class Heroes, but they're going on Warped and I have no interest in that.

I was going to see them, only because of The Academy Is... though. I really want to see Phantom Planet, but they are with Paramore and I don't know if its worth Paramore to see Phantom Planet.

Wheezing Tycoon

3,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Tycoon 200
I really wanted to see Ladytron and Type O Negative but I've already missed them both. mad

Kindly Lunatic

I'd give a body part to go to Lollapalooza this year, but flights to Chicago are expensive. I am absolutley determined to see Nine Inch Nails. I don't care, I'll curb a goth kid if I have to.

Hikkup's Wife

High-functioning Smoker

R.E.M. and Modest Mouse are touring right now and they won't be coming anywhere near here crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff