Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why jonesy... Why are you doing this to me again?

Because I like to see people in pain 0.076923076923077 7.7% [ 1 ]
Because I want to suffer 0.076923076923077 7.7% [ 1 ]
Both a and b 0.076923076923077 7.7% [ 1 ]
Because there's really nothing else to do right now 0.23076923076923 23.1% [ 3 ]
.. Whatever 0.53846153846154 53.8% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 13 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Ustareth Merope Riddle
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Oh, are you doing this again?

Uh, I listen to The White Stripes and Nick Cave.
yah, though I am just going to let this one die if I end up being the only one who posts in that one.

what it is that most of rock forgot how to mix good performance coupled with decent song writing.

also barely anyone within rock has an actual set of balls anymore.

chuck berry in person would tell you to go ******** yourself if you made an offhand remark.

prince has been beaten like a dog for 10 years on the interent and now makes completely watered down product.

and regardless of what anyone thinks anywhere,

paul mcartney was a good song writer and the best song writer in the beatles.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
MR GREAT POST WHY LIE

what it is that most of rock forgot how to mix good performance coupled with decent song writing.

chuck berry in person would tell you to go ******** yourself if you made an offhand remark.

prince has been beaten like a dog for 10 years on the interent and now makes completely watered down product.

To be honest I haven't paid much attention to rock music in the past decade but I generally got that feeling as well. I'm not sure if that contributes to many acts no longer making or playing new material and just putting out greatest hits after greatest hits albums but between that and the fact that there are just not as many garage bands springing up as there was 10 to 20 years ago you just don't hear that much new material with rock... I would guess that could be because independent bands now have access to easy to use professional grade music editing software so they are able to create music in pretty much any genre, not just some version of rock.

Liberal Streaker

3,950 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100
MR GREAT POST WHY LIE
Inkmind
MR GREAT POST WHY LIE
Inkmind
MR GREAT POST WHY LIE
Inkmind
My favorite artists of those that you listed:

The Clash
The Doors
Johnny Cash
The Misfits
X
The Ramones
Dead Kennedys

Turns out:yoko Ono is more talented than any other band/artist you've mentioned.

didn't u critisize me for disliking yoko a few weeks ago?
might not have been me but you really shouldn't hate musicians just because vh1 and dinosaur rock mentalities tell you to.

its not that i don't like her music (i think she has a good voice), i don't like that she sped up the end of The Beatles. i don't think it's entirely her fault, but i sure don't think that she held them together. And i don't think that because of VH1. i think that because thats just what i think.
. The Beatles music honest to god became irrelevant to the musical landscape in around 1996.

They pioneered the shitty methods of today's base consumer culture music industriy.

Their influence in mainstream pop music and mainstream rock music has been so over saturated and degraded ove the years that the only people actually giving them respect are baby boomers and then their kids who get their music collection/taste from their parents
I'd say their influence in music completely died out once people started following the Led Zeppelin formula.

Wheezing Lunatic

Caucasian Walk
MR GREAT POST WHY LIE
Inkmind
MR GREAT POST WHY LIE
Inkmind

might not have been me but you really shouldn't hate musicians just because vh1 and dinosaur rock mentalities tell you to.

its not that i don't like her music (i think she has a good voice), i don't like that she sped up the end of The Beatles. i don't think it's entirely her fault, but i sure don't think that she held them together. And i don't think that because of VH1. i think that because thats just what i think.
. The Beatles music honest to god became irrelevant to the musical landscape in around 1996.

They pioneered the shitty methods of today's base consumer culture music industriy.

Their influence in mainstream pop music and mainstream rock music has been so over saturated and degraded ove the years that the only people actually giving them respect are baby boomers and then their kids who get their music collection/taste from their parents
I'd say their influence in music completely died out once people started following the Led Zeppelin formula.

are you saying thats a bad thing? i love Zeppelin and The Beatles, so it doesn't really matter to me who became a bigger influence. but in my opinion i think The Beatles were bigger.
Inkmind
Caucasian Walk
MR GREAT POST WHY LIE
Inkmind
MR GREAT POST WHY LIE
Inkmind

are you saying thats a bad thing? i love Zeppelin and The Beatles, so it doesn't really matter to me who became a bigger influence. but in my opinion i think The Beatles were bigger.

they both set templates for horrible music and because of that had all their credibility slowly erroded away by legions of shitty pop rock and hair rock bands all the way up to the mid 90's

their influence ruined them pretty much and thats the case with alot of the big names from the 60's/70's barring very few like frank zappa,captain beefheart,neil young, and queen.

Fashionable Lunatic

8,300 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Hygienic 200
Frankly, I'd much rather see a modern rock landscape influenced by Frank Zappa. That would at least prove to be interesting.
Zelkiiro
Frankly, I'd much rather see a modern rock landscape influenced by Frank Zappa. That would at least prove to be interesting.

******** a ,right?

If producers for these mainstream bands started gunning to do albums like thick as a brick and then put the money behind it there would be a prog rock wave again.

Not

Wheezing Lunatic

MR GREAT POST WHY LIE
Inkmind
Caucasian Walk
MR GREAT POST WHY LIE
Inkmind

they both set templates for horrible music and because of that had all their credibility slowly erroded away by legions of shitty pop rock and hair rock bands all the way up to the mid 90's

their influence ruined them pretty much and thats the case with alot of the big names from the 60's/70's barring very few like frank zappa,captain beefheart,neil young, and queen.

i don't see your sense. if thats the case for all great names of the 60's/70's, how did queen's influence not ruin them to you?

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100

I like these guys
Inkmind
MR GREAT POST WHY LIE
Inkmind
Caucasian Walk
MR GREAT POST WHY LIE
Inkmind

i don't see your sense. if thats the case for all great names of the 60's/70's, how did queen's influence not ruin them to you?

alot is not all and queen has bad examples of their influence in bands like muse but most of the bands that worship queen at least tastefully attempt to be like queen, take for instance electric six.

Liberal Streaker

3,950 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100
I wish Robert Fripp would decide to organize another King Crimson line up and record and release new material.

Dangerous Prophet

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
MR GREAT POST WHY LIE

Debatable, at least as a beatle, and after.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
The hardly strictly bluegrass festive is happening this weekend. Just saying.... I'm goin.... Patti smith... The knitters.... Free... God damn I need more alcohol.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff