Welcome to Gaia! ::

Topic of discussion: The phrase "Oh, na-na/na na/Nana" in music.

Well, I never understood what the ******** this meant when Rhianna sang a song with that particular lyric in it, and now there's another song that's been out for a while now with the same bullshit lyric in it. It pisses me off, 'cause I don't know what the ******** they're saying. My first thought was, the only Nanas I know of are my grandma and a goat from Ancient Greek mythology that nursed some god or demigod of theirs when it was a baby. I think it's either Zeus or Hercules.

So, on that tip, I put "Nana" into Wikipedia and came up with the following mythological figures and names, and an African honorific.

Nana (Afghan goddess), an Afghan war goddess
    Nana (Greek mythology), a Phrygian demigoddess and the mother of Attis
    Nana Buluku, the supreme goddess of the Fon people of Benin
    Nanna (Norse deity), the wife of the god Baldre (Balder) in Norse mythology
    Nane (goddess), also found as Nana, the Armenian goddess of war, wisdom, and motherhood
    Sin (mythology), also found as Suen or called "Nanna, a Mesopotamian moon god
    Nanaya, a goddess worshipped by the Sumerians and Akkadians, associated with the sky and earth
    Jnana, also spelled ñana, the concept of knowledge in Hinduism and Buddhism

There's actually way too many names for me to list. Here, if you feel like looking.

And finally, the title:

Amongst the Akan clans of Ghana, the word Nana generally denotes social eminence derived from either nobility or advanced age.

Please, if you have any additional input on what the ******** these little shits are trying to say, don't hesitate to put in a word. If it really does turn out to be a garbage lyric, I'm going to be mad as ********. It's the most aggravating bullshit I've ever heard on the radio in my life.
Oh, and there's this.

O. nana may refer to:

Octomeria nana, an orchid species
Oreophryne nana, the Camiguin narrow-mouthed frog, a frog species endemic to the Philippines
Oithona nana, a widespread marine cyclopoid copepod

Shounen

In Rihanna's song "What's My Name," she repeated says "oh nana, what's my name."

Now you may think this song is dirty. People often interpret the song as her and that "rapper" Drake having sex and she would scream out his name, hence the "what's my name" part.

But it is nothing like that. Rihanna's grandma easily forgets her grandchildren's names. nana is another name for grandma. So in rihanna's song, she is actually asking "oh grandma, what's my name?" She dedicated the whole song to her grandma. Truly heartbreaking if you ask me.

pop s**t these days makes no sense
foods b4 dudes
In Rihanna's song "What's My Name," she repeated says "oh nana, what's my name."

Now you may think this song is dirty. People often interpret the song as her and that "rapper" Drake having sex and she would scream out his name, hence the "what's my name" part.

But it is nothing like that. Rihanna's grandma easily forgets her grandchildren's names. nana is another name for grandma. So in rihanna's song, she is actually asking "oh grandma, what's my name?" She dedicated the whole song to her grandma. Truly heartbreaking if you ask me.

pop s**t these days makes no sense

A conspiracy theorist told me that and I didn't believe it, because of the sexual content in the song.

Quote:
"Oh Nana, what's my name?".

Rihanna is talking to her grandmother.

Upon further inspection of the song's lyrics, we can see that the song is most definitely about the aged woman. Take Drake's first verse for example.

"I heard you good with them soft lips.
Yeah you know word of mouth.
The square root of 69 is 8 something.
Right? Cause I've been tryna work it out, owwww."

Drake is role playing RiRi's grandmother. Due to the Alzheimer's disease, she is slowly losing her math skills.

Later on in the song, Rihanna role play's her own grandmother. She sings the following verse...

"Baby you got me.
And ain't nowhere that I'd be.
Than with your arms around me.
Back and forth you rock me, yeah.
So I surrender.
To every word you whisper.
Every door you enter.
I will let you in."

It becomes obvious here that her grandmother is very fond of her care worker. There may even be a romantic relationship between the two. When she sings "Every door you enter. I will let you in", she is touching on a very delicate subject. You see, there have been reports that Rihanna's grandmother was sexually abused by her social worker. RiRi addresses these speculations in this lyrics, telling fans that her grandmother, although suffering from Alzheimer's disease, seemed to have consented to the sex.

Jesus ******** Christ.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What's it all coming to?

It's not supposed to. My belief is, it's there to "rot your brain"/it makes no sense because making sense isn't "safe" enough.
foods b4 dudes
that "rapper" Drake

PS:
Drake is more of an R&B singer IMO. While a musical genius from an objective standpoint, I just don't ******** like that guy, seems like a major-league poser.

also there's another song with that line in it, by a mister... songs, I believe was his name.

"Oh, Nana, why you gotta act so naughty?"

Confirmed: The Illuminati wants us to go have sex with our grandmothers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff