Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I am one of those people who have different playlists for different situations and moods. What can I say,it inturupts my workflow when I go from cannonball Adderly to X to Immrtal Technique.

But I digress, sometimes music makes it easier to concentrate on a particular task. For others it's a distraction sure..... But I like to work to music. I especially like to paint to music. Lately it's been somber jazz and delta blues.

What music do you like to work to?

12,450 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
I get what you mean with interrupting the workflow!
I get alot of inspiration for my art from music, so a change
in musical styles or tempo can interrupt me, mosty if Im working on
a sketch or concept. Once I'm rendering the art until it's finished then
it doesn't really matter anymore what I listen to, though. Anything that
keeps me awake and in high spirits I suppose.

Nowadays though I also enjoy mostly working to jazz, blues and bossa nova.
I usually have fan-arrangements of music from a game called Touhou playing;
familiar melodies that I love, set to different musical styles, instruments, vocals...
[example of non-vocal jazz arrangement] VS [example of original]

I'd love to hear if you have any specific jazz or delta blues pieces to recommend?

Salty Star

I have different preferences depending on what I'm doing. Like I have a very specific playlist for riding a train home, which sounds weird but it's an important wind down time for me.
Then there are less passive actual working playlists. Most of them have a clear spacious tone with some aggressive sounds or progressions in it. Anything from Bombay Bicycle Club to MiMOSA works for me.

5,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Informer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Depends on my mood.
Retail + slow RnB type music if I want to reflect while I work

OR

Soca, Reggaeton, Techno, pop, crunk if I want to TURN UP while I work.
Classic Rock, simple as that. But, of course, the "mood" or "pace" of the music I'm listening to has to go with whatever it is I'm working on.
Sure, it depends on my mood but I usually love to work while listening to electronic music!
But it's hard as far as I create music as first job! LOL

Perfect Member

Selected Ambient Works 85-92, regardless of mood, regardless of task.
Valtiel the Watcher
I am one of those people who have different playlists for different situations and moods. What can I say,it inturupts my workflow when I go from cannonball Adderly to X to Immrtal Technique.

But I digress, sometimes music makes it easier to concentrate on a particular task. For others it's a distraction sure..... But I like to work to music. I especially like to paint to music. Lately it's been somber jazz and delta blues.

What music do you like to work to?

For some reason 90s hip-hop does it for me. The same goes for jazz (I normally listen to Billie Holiday while cooking or house cleaning) or old school country music like Conway Twitty. Lately, the kitchen has been blasting artists like Wu Tang Clan, Cypress Hill, and Snoop Dog. along with various other hip hop artists. Depending on the day I might listen to a band I saw play a gig a couple nights ago or whatever, which usually ends up being a punk band. Pretty sure the entire summer that I was dish washing this past year, I was listening to bands like Opeth, A Perfect Circle, Tool, Maximum the Hormone, Immortal and System of a Down a hell of a lot.

My tastes change quite a bit but I guess to conclude I'll say that I normally listen to rock or hip-hop on an average work day.
Two Door Cinema Club or 5SOS.

Demonic Lunatic

I like to listen to various types of Metal, Rock and Jazz Fusion while I work. Lately, I like to play the entire Mars Volta catalog at work ... I love my job!

mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces