Welcome to Gaia! ::

Partying Winner

5,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Befriended 100
Are songs today getting progressively worse? Do you think music today is losing its meaningful lyrics, emotion, and abusing auto-tune?

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Said every generation ever.

I think that there are other reasons why the mainstream music business is n decline. Mostly because how Affordable production software is more available than ever to people, that the Internet with websites such as band camp allows for easier access to audiences. On top of that the radio industry is all but garbage now since you can essentially just plug in your iPhone into your car or stereo and listen to whatever music you want.

As far as the use of auto tune and emotion and all that..... I think that is mostly just people being overly nostalgic music today has plenty of that. And the music that is very simple generally is that way because that's what the artist wants.

Perfect Member

Yes. I agree. They definitely have never once abused auto tune until today. This is the weekend that killed music

Blessed Worshipper

Auto-tune makes listening to a male singer bearable
There's good music and bad music today.

Magnetic Cat

KimberlyAriel07

This. If you don't like the ¨mainstream music¨ you hear on radio all day, you can explore for new artist in YouTube, LastFm, Spotify, etc.
That's why I stick with more unknown artists, rather than the ¨popular¨ music
King Of Chevron
KimberlyAriel07

This. If you don't like the ¨mainstream music¨ you hear on radio all day, you can explore for new artist in YouTube, LastFm, Spotify, etc.

Yeah. If I want to listen to mainstream music, I listen to iTunes radio. But all the music I've actually downloaded onto my iPhone are sung by underrated artists.

Shounen

With every generation, a new trend comes along. Of course artists are going to conform to these utter s**t new trends (like turning towards EDM sounds) so that they can keep making money

Lop

9,550 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
King Of Chevron
KimberlyAriel07

*checks sig*
yup you're still in middle school

Magnetic Cat

Contrapasso
*checks sig*

And your point is...?
i agree, op

music today is so bad. it hurts my ears to listen to this crapppppppppppp xD

Lop

9,550 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
King Of Chevron
Contrapasso
*checks sig*

And your point is...?

my point is that you're the worst kind of hipster

Hilarious Genius

7,925 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Loiterer 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I think people are just quick to try and separate themselves from the mainstream to try and make themselves come across as better than those who do enjoy it

Tl;dr, music is just fine, don't be so uptight about it xp music is a lot more fun to listen to when you don't see it as a competition

Vermillion Shapeshifter

Contrapasso
King Of Chevron
Contrapasso
*checks sig*

And your point is...?

my point is that you're the worst kind of hipster

You're saying that just because someone chooses not to listen to music that's popular amongst people they're automatically "a hipster", and not just any hipster, but the worst kind there is (or whatever that means)? Dude, chill. Everyone can listen to whatever music they want, whether it's popular music or lesser known bands, and that doesn't make anyone a terrible person/hipster/stop using that word, it means practically nothing these days.
moog synth killed music sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces