• Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Virgin Eyes Virgin Ears
Serneque
Virgin Eyes Virgin Ears
Serneque
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque
I also don't go out of my way to listen to him.

And that song was a disgrace to Daft Punk, just as "The Show Goes On" by Lupe was a disgrace to Modest Mouse.
User Image
What are you stalking me?

We're all entitled to our opinions, and I don't like Kanye West.
Not when your opinion is WRONG

What are you like 12? neutral

I kind of like his songs that stray away from the typical mainstream crap, but his mainstream crap is simply that: crap.
If anyone is twelve it's you. Kids need to realize that you actually don't have to respect anyone's opinion and once you actually start dealing with people outside of high school nobody will respect your opinion unless you have some sort of authority over them.

Well if you had any class you'd learn to respect other people's opinion.
I respect that you like Kanye.

You telling me that my opinion of him is completely wrong shows how much of a person you really are.

Sparkly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque

I guess Kanye West's 'followers' are just rude, shitfaced human beings who obviously have no class
double standard.

also, not classy at all, hipster kid. shame on you.

Don't classify me as a hipster. xd

I do like some mainstream things, like Lady Gaga. @.@

And I like Aesop because his lyrics actually contain some actual meaning.
Serneque
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque

I guess Kanye West's 'followers' are just rude, shitfaced human beings who obviously have no class
double standard.

You like him because he's white and inoffensive. Plenty of rappers have lyrics that "have meaning"

Sparkly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque
I also don't go out of my way to listen to him.

And that song was a disgrace to Daft Punk, just as "The Show Goes On" by Lupe was a disgrace to Modest Mouse.
User Image

sure, we'll go with that. since it isn't possible that you posted in two threads within five minutes that both ended up on the first page of the forum! that would be too simple!

Your opinion is both a) wrong and b) wronger.

Daft Punk and Modest Mouse are both boring as ******** bands that make boring as ******** music, and should consider themselves lucky to be able to maintain some level of relevance thanks to samples in hip-hop tracks.

Dude I have nothing against hip hop/ rap. The kind of rappers I like are people like Aesop.
Not with this E.T crap. You consider that song actual music? Please.
Yeah, because popular is bad, right?

Get yo' hipster f*****t a** outta here.

When did I say popular was bad? XD

Nice. When you realize you can't win, you resort to shameless bashing.
Niceeeee.
Serneque
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque

double standard.

You like Daft Punk, Modest Mouse and Aesop Rock because they're "deep". You hate Kanye because he's mainstream (except for the random "obscure" songs that you like), and have made it clear that your personal opinion is that almost anything popular is s**t.

You're a hipster. Better get to sewing that scarlet letter, kiddo.

Sparkly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Virgin Eyes Virgin Ears
Serneque
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque

double standard.

You like him because he's white and inoffensive. Plenty of rappers have lyrics that "have meaning"

I realize that.
I didn't say that all rappers don't have meaning.
I just don't like the mainstream stuff Kanye does.
Serneque
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque

sure, we'll go with that. since it isn't possible that you posted in two threads within five minutes that both ended up on the first page of the forum! that would be too simple!

Daft Punk and Modest Mouse are both boring as ******** bands that make boring as ******** music, and should consider themselves lucky to be able to maintain some level of relevance thanks to samples in hip-hop tracks.

Dude I have nothing against hip hop/ rap. The kind of rappers I like are people like Aesop.

Niceeeee.
"I kind of like his songs that stray away from the typical mainstream crap, but his mainstream crap is simply that: crap."
"Not with this E.T. crap. You consider that song actual music?"

You hate the mainstream. Admit it or start backpedaling.

Also, like Virgin Eyes Virgin Ears said, nobody has to respect you or your opinion or even like you just because you're another human being. You'll cope or you won't. It isn't my problem.

Sparkly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque

double standard.

You like Daft Punk, Modest Mouse and Aesop Rock because they're "deep". You hate Kanye because he's mainstream (except for the random "obscure" songs that you like), and have made it clear that your personal opinion is that almost anything popular is s**t.

Dude when did I say that anything popular is s**t? :/

I do like some of the things Kanye does, aside from the fact that he acts like an a** in real life, but reallyyyy the stereotypical stuff he does just to satisfy the big record company isn't my thing.

And maybe it's yours, but whatever.

Sparkly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque

Niceeeee.
"I kind of like his songs that stray away from the typical mainstream crap, but his mainstream crap is simply that: crap."

Also, like Virgin Eyes Virgin Ears said, nobody has to respect you or your opinion or even like you just because you're another human being. You'll cope or you won't. It isn't my problem.

I don't hate mainstream.
I hate Nicki Minaj, JBiebs, Kanye,.....simply because I feel like some of their stuff hurts my ears.
There is plenty of "hipster" music that I absolutely hate.
It's just a matter of taste.

And sure, I'm not asking for your respect, just for you to be the bigger man and TOLERATE the fact I don't like him.

You guys are the ones bashing me completely out of the blue for stating my opinion.

Are you guys done? :/
Serneque
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque

double standard.

I do like some of the things Kanye does, aside from the fact that he acts like an a** in real life, but reallyyyy the stereotypical stuff he does just to satisfy the big record company isn't my thing.

So what is his stereotypical stuff and what isn't?

Sparkly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Virgin Eyes Virgin Ears
Serneque
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque

double standard.

So what is his stereotypical stuff and what isn't?

Stuff like "E.T," "All of the Lights," and I never was feeling "Heartless."

I love Golddigger, never gets old.
And I do like Niggas in Paris for some reason. xd
I like some of the stuff off of "Mu beautiful dark twisted fantasy."
Serneque
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque

Niceeeee.

I don't hate mainstream.
I hate Nicki Minaj, JBiebs, Kanye,.....simply because I feel like some of their stuff hurts my ears.

And sure, I'm not asking for your respect, just for you to be the bigger man and TOLERATE the fact I don't like him.

You guys are the ones bashing me completely out of the blue for stating my opinion.

But that's dumb, because their music is literally no different than the other music in their respected genres, out there. So, you either hate all of it, or you're indifferent to all of it.

You're asking me to respect and "tolerate" an ignorant opinion, which I can't do.
Serneque
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque

Niceeeee.

I don't hate mainstream.

Him doing things during award shows to get hype isn't being an a** it's being smart.

If you watched any of his interviews (especially from the College Dropout/Late Registration time) you'd know he's not an a** at all.

Sparkly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque

Niceeeee.

I don't hate mainstream.

But that's dumb, because their music is literally no different than the other music in their respected genres, out there. So, you either hate all of it, or you're indifferent to all of it.

You're asking me to respect and "tolerate" an ignorant opinion, which I can't do.

I'm the ignorant one?? :eyeroll:

So we're at the point where respecting other people's opinions and not being so hardheaded as to call out someone once they say something we don't like, ignorant?

What has the world come to?

Sparkly Friend

18,200 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Yah Boy Envy
Serneque
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque
The Heather Of Killing
Serneque

Niceeeee.

I don't hate mainstream.

Him doing things during award shows to get hype isn't being an a** it's being smart.

If you watched any of his interviews (especially from the College Dropout/Late Registration time) you'd know he's not an a** at all.

I dunno, I feel like he just needs to put his ego out of the way when he speaks sometimes. xd

Maybe it's just the media's perception of him, or the people around me's perception of him, I dunno. XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff