Welcome to Gaia! ::

Agile Rogue

I know a lot of you guys hate rap, I know you hate mainstream artists and imma let you finish but does anyone else here actually like his music?

He seems to get a lot of hate here and fair enough if you think he's a douchebag but I've personally liked each of his albums especially his last (My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy) which has crept into my all time top 10. I dismissed him years ago purely on image and credibility, plus the horrible single that was "Stronger", but after actually listening to stuff he grew on me and is now one of my favourite current artists. If it's not your thing then fair enough you don't have to post here.

Discuss. Favourite song? Favourite album? Do you like his newer stuff?

6,050 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
Well, it must be to be Portuguese, but I like her single. I do not understand why the critics.
I love Kanye West.

It would be hard for me to pick a favorite song out of his songs though. Theres so much. But for now I guess it would be Addiction. Favorite album? Urgh.. s**t that would be either Late Regristration or Graduation. As for his newer stuff I'm not to fond of. I think his latest album was his worst. But I really like the songs he did with Jay-Z on Watch The Throne.
Baby Star Hunter
Suiko
I know a lot of you guys hate rap, I know you hate mainstream artists

what gave you that (these?) ideas?

anyways, i dig kanye. i think most of us here do.
He's from the GD

Beloved Friend

7,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Not really somebody I go out of my way to listen to.

Friendly Friend

8,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Snake Oil Salesman
Not really somebody I go out of my way to listen to.

This. But I don't dislike him or his music either.

Agile Rogue

Baby Star Hunter
Suiko
I know a lot of you guys hate rap, I know you hate mainstream artists

what gave you that (these?) ideas?

anyways, i dig kanye. i think most of us here do.

Haha bare with me I've been on a long break. Back then people would take shots at him or any similar artist whenever they could, I still see it now too but it's good to know there's been a change

Agile Rogue

Baby Star Hunter

uh-huh, right

Seriously. I only started posting again last week after years out

Not that any of this matters either way

Agile Rogue

Baby Star Hunter

but you never posted in the mf, don't try to bullshit me

I did from time to time and I still lurked it. Like I said though none of this is actually relevant, if you saw something different to me then fair enough there's no reason not to just point it out once then discuss the topic at hand instead of making an issue out of it
Kanye West is a genius. He is my idol. He is the reason I make music.

I wrote this a while back about MBDTF, his newest solo album:

Generally, an album that’s deemed as “Amazing”, “Perfect” or even “Great” to an extent, has alot in common with the other albums in that same situation. From my experience, a common factor in albums deemed as “great” all have the same thing: Cohesiveness.

An album like Kanye West’s “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy” is not perfect by any means. I may say an album is perfect, but I realize no album is ever truly perfect. It is simply a satisfying aural experience. The main thing about MBDTF is the fact that is satisfying from start to finish. Sure, some songs in the middle may be a little slow, but thats the point. My thought is that many of these albums considered “great” simply have a strong song or two to start, and end with a great bang, of one or two great songs. Regardless of the music contained in between the two ends, people will generally come away feeling as though it had a great song at the start to hook you, and a great song to end the album on a high note. Many songs in the middle are overlooked because of this. The ends of the album tend to be the best, but for a reason: to make you listen.

Anyone who knows me, knows that this album is at the top of my list. I realize this isn’t the greatest album of all time, and not even close, but it’s my personal favorite album of all time. Not only are all the songs great by themselves, but the way they’re arranged in the album makes it into one overlaying story. The production from Kanye on this is mindboggling. Where people wouldn’t think to put a horn, or a synth, or a chime, Kanye puts all three in different areas. This makes for a song that needs MULTIPLE listens to totally catch everything he’s packed into it. On top of that, this is an entire ALBUM of 13 songs, meaning the album itself demands multiple playthroughs to hear all the intricacies he has packed into it.
If someone asked me to, I couldn’t list my favorite songs in order, or even give you a single song that I think outshines the others on this album. I honestly think every song on this album is amazing, and when you get an album where you cant figure out your favorite, that means you’re listening to a masterpiece.

Basically, as you guys who actually read that wall of text can tell, I aspire to be as great as I perceive Kanye West to be.
tl;dr kanye west is a genius

Greedy Capitalist

The ********? Since when did I hate Kanye? He's a pretty good rapper.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff