Welcome to Gaia! ::

Grims_Queaker
I HATE NEW PUNK. All these new punk bands are just crap, they all sound the same and all are comforming with one another (looking, acting, and singing the same). Give me the old punk where tehy actually were good and stood for sumthing.

Define "good." Most of those old punk bands had shitty musical skills, thus the punk esthetic of getting away from the guitar virtuosity of Clapton and other guitarists of the time - three chords for a song. Some of it may be fun to listen to, but it was not good musically.
ThePrizeFighterInferno
ImpmonsTrueTamer101
Uhhhhh I think that emo is supposed to be "emotional" music, correct me if I'm wrong
eh, I guess you could call it that. Alot of bands labeled "emo" really aren't. But I guess if something's labeled that much, it might as well be "emo." If emo is emotional music, then how much more "emo" is At The Drive-In compared to Nirvana?

Ironic, as Cedric and Omar from ATDI hate the 'emo' label, and 'prog,' as well.

Now, as to the emo question. Good emo, new and old...
- Saves the Day
- Dashboard Confessional
- Jawbreaker
- Rites of Spring
- Moss Icon
lol biggrin
Ziyousansz
Dani Filth - the rest of the band has some talent, but he needs to step out.
Good Charlotte/Blink 182/Simple Plan/Linkin Park/My Chemical Romance/etc. - just shut up already. When your daddy said to get a real job, you should have listened.
Slipknot - seriously, you can be angsty with fewer people. Besides, 9 people should be able to make at least slightly complex music.
The White Stripes/The Darkness/Coldplay - go back from whence thou came, foul beasts. Your vocals smite my ears and your lyrics slay my love of British music.
Proliterean - I only know you for your "Creep" cover, but never, EVER come within 50 miles of me, or I cannot be responsible for my actions.
Generic rappers - for Christ's sake, have some originality, people. Everyone learns your lyrics quickly because we've all heard the same thing since Snoop's debut. Say something else! Hell, even old-style gangsta rap would be a nice change.
People who scream more than sing - if I can't understand what you're saying then I don't care.

I might as well use this thing now - everytime I try to explain my issue with something I get told to come here instead anyway.

i know, i know, this is supposed to be a HATE sticky, but it seems on regular posts i have to insult because all ppl can talk about are stupid pop bands, and now im on the hate sticky and all i can do is stand up for my fav bands!!!!!
anyway, what music Do you like?????
I like all kinds of music and i realize this is a hate sticky but even though we don't like like them they do have to have some talent to be on the radio.
Dogeater!
green day really gets to me.

i can take anything from good charlotte to hilary duff, but that guy's voice just really grates on my last nerve.

wait..so u like good charlotte!!!!!! COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and u don't like hilary duff right!!!!! LOL biggrin
IbunCloudslayer
A few bands that I hate are AC/DC, Velvet Revolver, Stone Temple Pilots, The Darkness, Cradle of Filth, and Slipknot. All for the same reason, that being that the lead singer cannot sing for s**t. If I can't get past the voice, I can't enjoy the music.

THANK_U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally some1 who hates AC/DC for the same reason i do!!!!!!!! LOL biggrin
Corynne
I hate Simple Plan. The lead singer's voice does nto appeal to me, and their song "Welcome To My Life" made them sound as if they thought no one has ever had a hard life except for them. I don't know, perhaps I'm the only one who ended up getting that impression.

I promise not to flame in this one!

yeah i think so cuz i can name like..lets c over a 100 ppl i no who LOVE them! but im not going 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL biggrin
Why must everyone hate? Why canīt everyone just love instead?
Heh, kidding..
Itīs not often weīre allowed to say what we hate,, everyone seem so interested in our passions and what we like, noone cares about what we DON`T like...
Ok,, my list!

ps.. I canīt say I hate any sort of music,, I like alot of stuff,, all from Slipknot to Eurovision song contest..

1. Wet socks,, i hate wet socks, itīs so irretating,,,
2. Washing the dishes... too bad that the pile grows if you donīt do anything about it...
3. Dust.. Itīs like, if you donīt vacuumclean your room every day,, youīll find big puffs of dust in every corner...
4. My "American Idiot" cd because it has a scratch on it.. crying
5. ....
ÓK,, I need to think about the last one... sweatdrop
saturdaypunk
Grims_Queaker
I HATE NEW PUNK. All these new punk bands are just crap, they all sound the same and all are comforming with one another (looking, acting, and singing the same). Give me the old punk where tehy actually were good and stood for sumthing.

Define "good." Most of those old punk bands had shitty musical skills, thus the punk esthetic of getting away from the guitar virtuosity of Clapton and other guitarists of the time - three chords for a song. Some of it may be fun to listen to, but it was not good musically.

Every genre has its crap music... but to define good... for me its "Offspring", "Sum 41", and a lot of Blink 182s older albums...
oboe_girl
I like all kinds of music and i realize this is a hate sticky but even though we don't like like them they do have to have some talent to be on the radio.

not exactly.
most of the stuff on the radio is s**t.
I completely HATE Destiny's Child, they're always moaning about their latest break up in their songs! It's like why don't you stop dating these jack-asses then you idiots! And everyone talks about how sexy Beyonce is and how she can 'shake it'! What complete whores! Also, who ever heard a guy moan about his relationship, we don't! But groups like Destiny's Child are like wah wah wah, and it encorages girls to be all bitchy for no reason and stuff.

I'll find some of their lyrics on the net...
barely move we've arrived
looking sexy
looking fly
dj jam tonite
spotted me
a tender thang
there you are
come on baby
don't you wanna dance wit me
can ya handle handle me

What complete whores!
nitroglycerin
I DESPISE HIPSTER ROCK.

Artsy-fartsy idiots with striped t-shirts and s**t hair and they sing about bananas and everybody thinks they're soooo smart.

I second that!
i hate those who are jealous has to take everything away with insults. stressed

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas