Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ben Bonin
you know what i say i say that you people should get out of this topic and screw around in another topic ok scream cuz slipknot in the best and if you, any of you have a problem with that then tuff stressed scream evil

Rant failure. Ignorance is not an excuse.

The Official Slipknot Thread
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1565051
As much as I agree this should be in the thread, Slipknot is a good band. Those who do not like it or think wrong of what they write. Obviously don't know them or their music that well. Granted yes Cory Taylor is an @$$ when he doesn't have his mask on he is still a decent guy. If you knew what they were about then you would know about all their side projects (not including Stone Sour and Murderdolls..) Your opinions are understandable, but lets face it. You wouldn't take to kindly of people talking "trash" of one of your favourite bands. You may say it doesn't bother you but alas in real life it does for no one on here knows each other outside of these forums and it pisses you off what people have to say when they know nothing about you. You talk trash about Slipknot saying they are about death and what not, and yet Cory Taylor and the rest of the band do the music they do for their fans, not for some cash ride which will no doubt crash one day.
sinnth3tik
As much as I agree this should be in the thread, Slipknot is a good band. Those who do not like it or think wrong of what they write. Obviously don't know them or their music that well. Granted yes Cory Taylor is an @$$ when he doesn't have his mask on he is still a decent guy. If you knew what they were about then you would know about all their side projects (not including Stone Sour and Murderdolls..) Your opinions are understandable, but lets face it. You wouldn't take to kindly of people talking "trash" of one of your favourite bands. You may say it doesn't bother you but alas in real life it does for no one on here knows each other outside of these forums and it pisses you off what people have to say when they know nothing about you. You talk trash about Slipknot saying they are about death and what not, and yet Cory Taylor and the rest of the band do the music they do for their fans, not for some cash ride which will no doubt crash one day.

The main reason we dislike bands like Slipknot and whatnot is not only because their sound is horrible, but also their fanbase and their glory. Their fans can get HIGHLY annoying and create threads like this...

Plus, I've never seen Cory contribute anything to the fans. When has Slipknot gone into the crowd and danced with the audience? When has Slipknot actually held a discussion with the audience about their lives? When you start looking at the bands who aren't in the mainstream light, you notice these things.
Being in the thread would be a good idea, but why does it matter in the first place? Slipknot kicks majorly..... Vermil's an ok song, but not the best by far.
Cyril Lioene
The main reason we dislike bands like Slipknot and whatnot is not only because their sound is horrible, but also their fanbase and their glory. Their fans can get HIGHLY annoying and create threads like this...

Plus, I've never seen Cory contribute anything to the fans. When has Slipknot gone into the crowd and danced with the audience? When has Slipknot actually held a discussion with the audience about their lives? When you start looking at the bands who aren't in the mainstream light, you notice these things.

1) How often exactly do you heard about any instrument based music group going out into the crowd. rare to say the least.

2) They did communicate with their audience through their website for a while before they hit "main" mainstream.

3) The reason they are so unliked by select people is due to the fact that the are considered mainstream. Or it just isn't their particular scene that they are into.
sinnth3tik
Cyril Lioene

1) How often exactly do you heard about any instrument based music group going out into the crowd. rare to say the least.

2) They did communicate with their audience through their website for a while before they hit "main" mainstream.

3) The reason they are so unliked by select people is due to the fact that the are considered mainstream. Or it just isn't their particular scene that they are into.

1. The Cruxshadows. The Last Dance. Bella Morte. Need I go on?

2. But what about now? During their concerts, do they actually stop and chat with the audience?
play 3 power chords throw in lyrics about raping and killing and you have a slipknot song.
Cyril Lioene

2. But what about now? During their concerts, do they actually stop and chat with the audience?

Yes actually they do. Their last concert I went to they chatted with the crowd a bit.
from what i have seen of some of my bands they are in the crowd alot..like rogue from the cruxshadows for instance in most of the lives and etc i have seen tape of hes not on the stage alot..in my opinion thats pretty cool and shows he atleast cares enough to make human contact with those wasting their money to see the band or buy their cds

anyways thats not why i hate SK i hate them because in my opinion they sound like s**t...murderdolls..well..i like maybe 4 of their songs for comedy sake

like alot of bands however its sk fans that drive me to blind hatred (most of them not all)..they arent as bad as the linkin or gc fangirls/boys though so atleast sk has that going for them
sinnth3tik
Cyril Lioene

Yes actually they do. Their last concert I went to they chatted with the crowd a bit.

About what?
As for coming off stage. That has nothing to do with the band. That is with the Venue. Most venues do not want things like that to go on simply because in the past it has created riots. I again have seen that happen. Them being on or off stage has very little to do with the band. Lets face it. Most places in america or the world for that matter are safe in the least.
that songs been out since july gonk
sinnth3tik
As for coming off stage. That has nothing to do with the band. That is with the Venue. Most venues do not want things like that to go on simply because in the past it has created riots. I again have seen that happen. Them being on or off stage has very little to do with the band. Lets face it. Most places in america or the world for that matter are safe in the least.

So it was basically just a rant about the venue?
Inkubus
pink kitty246810
same here. DEATH TO SLIPNOT! but my brother LOVES slipnot. he listens to it 27 7

isnt it 24/7?

yes, Death to Slipknot.

i found nothing meaningful from their Lyrics.

All about hate and killing.

Wow.

Fun.

not the new songs, they're all lovey and stuff...which is a nice swap....Yeah, but I grew out of that phase in my life...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff