Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why is there only one option?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 1, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

Not very mature of me? Yeah, well, when have I ever cared?

To be honest, however, I like to call to attention a huge glaring fallacy on my part (which I may or may not defend).

Here is my proof (which may or may not even be a real proof) that your mom created the world.

And by your mom, I mean your mom italicized.

This was originally prompted by a silly thread titled, "Who created the world?"

Now, being thoroughly shitfaced, I could not let an honest question go unpunished with some smarmy smug elitist sarcasm (First Rule of Fight Club, oldbies!), so simply out of spite (and inebriation), I retorted with, "Your mom."

Now, don't let my diminished capacity lend you any compassion for my bullshit. I'm posting this as a semi-serious topic.

So, kids, I want to see some active probing. Pick a hole, any hole.

Oh-mi-kaze
Ugh, fine.

Firstly, the person in question was borne from his/her mother/mom. With this as direct evidence, one can posit that the mother created the child (Judging solely from the first-person aspect, as there is no direct evidence detailing paternal actions in the process of the child's creation, the father's efforts, although known to others, cannot be entered into the argument. This will be explained later).

So, firstly, there is only direct evidence of the mother creating the child, as she has borne him/her.

Secondly, the person in question cannot realize an existence that does not include the person's mother, the reason of which is based upon the first (shaky, but entirely provable argument). Since the person cannot conceive of an existence without his/her mother (presently), his/her own conception of existence is dependent upon his/her mother. As the conception of existence (the world) is dependent upon its mother, the world becomes matricentric. This matricentric universe can only have been spawned from one discernable source and cause: the mother.

Thirdly, the mother's creation of the universe can also be brought up thusly: drawing from the second argument, there is no world conceivable without the concept of one's mother in it (at least, the existence of said mother). Therefore, that one person has no direct knowledge of or experience with the events that transpired before his/her creation. The result, therefore, is that the mother could have created the world within which one exists. As the person has not directly experienced the "events" that may or may not have transpired before the person's own existence, nothing can be verified as truth, not even the mother's own words. Ultimately, even if the mother denies it, she created your world concept, and as such, created your world.

ADMIT IT. YOUR MOM CREATED THE WORLD.

Have at it, you voracious piranhas!

I'll be back later today to finish it off.

Aged Codger

ah, i was hoping that post wouldnt go to waste, ill post opinions in just a second

edit- i...cant refute that. be it a stable arguement or just my own lack of sleep/brain power....nice

so yes, i am the son of God, the one who created this world! w00t?
Yep, messiah, you could be the son of god. No, wait, my mother was the creator of the universe, not yours. No, seriously, my mom actually talks about how she's god. Now I know what she's goin' on about. 3nodding

While there is evidence that people are born from their mothers, it is possible to be born from something else than your mother. (A test-tube, maybe?) For that matter, it's possible that you've always existed, but have forgot everything, at the time of your 'birth', and the very existence of the mother could be an illusion.

Aged Codger

thats not the point.

the fact is that at this current point in time(to the best of my knowledge) even theoretical science is unable to produce and child with a mother's egg.
This makes me want to go give my mom a kiss. Good job, Oh-mi-kaze. My feeble brain can see no fallacies in your theory.

Aged Codger

theyre there, trust me, it's most likely riddle with them.

i would be looking for them but its 330 right now

Fashionable Genius

This may be very stupid of me, but what about adoption? Assuming the mother gave up the baby right after it was born and it was never taken (I don't know why. Maybe a disability?)

And if the mom died in birth, then I assume the formation of the child's world would go into the father's hands?

of course, this is more of my stupidity than you being wrong. I can't think of anything to argue with in it right now.
Quote:
thats not the point.

the fact is that at this current point in time(to the best of my knowledge) even theoretical science is unable to produce and child with a mother's egg.

But, it is not certain that my world was created by my mother. And it is not certain by a long shot, that my mother created the world which I'm currently perceiving.

Aged Codger

maybe oh mi should edit it to say birth mother

only does it legally say that adoption gives a new mother.

reality this isnt the case, whether she lives with said child or not doesnt matter, in the end she is the one that birthed him.
Quote:

reality this isnt the case, whether she lives with said child or not doesnt matter, in the end she is the one that birthed him.

Maybe it's a case of "God vs Jesus" ie, God created the world (Old Testament) and Jesus formed it's values (New Testament).
Oh-mi-kaze
Secondly, the person in question cannot realize an existence that does not include the person's mother, the reason of which is based upon the first (shaky, but entirely provable argument). Since the person cannot conceive of an existence without his/her mother (presently), his/her own conception of existence is dependent upon his/her mother. As the conception of existence (the world) is dependent upon its mother, the world becomes matricentric. This matricentric universe can only have been spawned from one discernable source and cause: the mother.

This is where the hole lies, Oh-mi. You're assuming that a person cannot realize an existence that does not include themselves. While I will grant that I cannot concieve of an existence that includes myself that does not include my mother (else I would cease being myself), I can almost certainly imagine a world wherein I do not exist.

Aged Codger

Quote:
Quote:

Maybe it's a case of "God vs Jesus" ie, God created the world (Old Testament) and Jesus formed it's values (New Testament).
any and all religions are not to be mentioned here because of burden of proof

edit- Meghan, there ya go. one is unable to live without their mother, so if they do not exist then the universe doesnt exist to them
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

any and all religions are not to be mentioned here because of burden of proof

I didn't mean it to sound like "God created the world. Jesus loves you even though you're going to hell for saying your mothers are God"

I meant it as a comparison (Christianity being the handiest thing I could think of).

Birth mother=God, creator of the world
Adopted mother=Jesus, created moral values/world view

The world (me) exists because of both of them. Even though God/Birth mother is far away, it doesn't negate our existence b/c adopted mother/Jesus is still around showing us what to do.

I realize this comes out sounding incredibly Christian, but I don't mean it that way. sweatdrop

Aged Codger

but we arent factoring the existence of the adopted mother

so she(Jesus) doesnt matter at all. Kyraa merely used it as a comparison to show that one can be without knowledge of their 'birth mother's' existence

Aged Codger

Quote:
Quote:
thats not the point.

But, it is not certain that my world was created by my mother. And it is not certain by a long shot, that my mother created the world which I'm currently perceiving.
as you cant make a case that something else created you universe the answer then defaults to your mother

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff