Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adored Admirer

Eisefin
Pseudo-Onkelos
Eisefin
How on earth would that be selfless? Not only would I be leaving my husband but then my kids would be without a mother, I would pass away before my parents, and all of my fur-babes would be without a proper owner. I would be leaving everyone behind, other people that either depend on me or would miss me surely.

Sure, that stranger could or could not be grateful that I gave my life for them, but my family and friends are more important. There’s too much in my life to leave behind for someone I don’t know.

Fancy seeing you here. surprised

I followed you here. lol

Oh. xp
A stranger? probably not. I would sacrifice my life for someone whom I would not care to live without. That being said, I would try to save someone if I could, I just wouldn't blatantly sacrifice my own life for a complete stranger.

Mega Cutie-Pie

I would absolutely hate to die in the process, but yes, I would sacrifice myself for another. If I have to lay my life down, I'd really prefer it be for a loved one. But that being said my loved ones all know me and they know it just wouldn't be me if I didn't try to help someone in need.
Depends the situation if I could I'd try to save us both and if I couldn't, well if I save them its one less thing on my conscious.
If it was a quick death, then sure, I'd take a bullet to the head for anyone.

Dapper Informer

9,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
When it comes to a stranger, I'm not very selfless. Sorry, but self-preservation rules here. Now if it's for a loved one, then yes, I would be willing to put my life on the line.

Generous Poster

There's a set of people I would die for without a second thought.

My parents, my two best friends, and all the members of Linkin Park.
I couldn't. If I were ever put in a situation where I knew instinctively that I should sacrifice myself I don't think I'd be able to do it.

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Jazin Kay
Consider the following scenario:

You're in a position whereby if you sacrifice yourself for a complete stranger, the stranger would live. Like, in a disaster or something.

Would you?

Why or why not?

Anybody who would likely has esteem issues.
Sacrificing yourself for a known person you have feelings and emotional ties to is one thing, but for a stranger it's a completely different subject.
Rosa the White Wizard
Jazin Kay
Consider the following scenario:

You're in a position whereby if you sacrifice yourself for a complete stranger, the stranger would live. Like, in a disaster or something.

Would you?

Why or why not?

If their survival would obviously be of greater benefit than mine, then yes.

If you knew whether or not their survival would obviously be of greater benefit than yours, they wouldn't be a complete stranger.
Lucky~9~Lives
If you knew whether or not their survival would obviously be of greater benefit than yours, they wouldn't be a complete stranger.

Would you define those with whom one has never shared any experience as a stranger?
Fermionic
Would you define those with whom one has never shared any experience as a stranger?

Not necessarily.
Lucky~9~Lives
Fermionic

Not necessarily.

When does one become not-stranger, generally?
Fermionic

When you know stuff about them.
Lucky~9~Lives
Fermionic

When you know stuff about them.

Biblically?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas