Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would Jesus be a Christian today if he were alive?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on February 20, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

So with all hypocrisy in the Christian Religion, and with how different the religion is from the actual teachings of Jesus, Would he be a Christian today in our world and take part in the religion dedicated to him?
Jesus was Jewish.

But do you mean if he just decided to pop back incognito or if it was like the glorious reappearance?
Would Stalin be a stalinist?
And Marx a marxist?

Or perhaps Satan a satanist?
Rho
Jesus was Jewish.

But do you mean if he just decided to pop back incognito or if it was like the glorious reappearance?

Either or, it does not matter.
Don't confuse hypocrisy of the followers with hypocrisy of the religion. Seeing as Jesus would probably believe in his own divinity, that pretty much qualifies him as Christian...
No, he would not. Yeshua was a rather liberal Jew, yet he did still keep many Jewish concepts. and because of these reasons he would not be a christian because it would be sacrilage. The two primary things that are wrong are that the Christians worship a man as god (sacralige) and they attempt to speak the name of God (forms of these include Jehova and Yahweh)
Fiddlers Green
Don't confuse hypocrisy of the followers with hypocrisy of the religion. Seeing as Jesus would probably believe in his own divinity, that pretty much qualifies him as Christian...

Jesus was a jew though, he actually never was a Christian.
Nah, he'd be a Buddhist.

Sorry, but I dont see any logical way of backing Jesus's religious affiliation in today's times. I think he'd be put off by the "Mary is my homegirl" and WWJD bracelets.
Charade Maru
Nah, he'd be a Buddhist.

Sorry, but I dont see any logical way of backing Jesus's religious affiliation in today's times. I think he'd be put off by the "Mary is my homegirl" and WWJD bracelets.

I think you are on to something, however he wouldn't persecute the Christians like they have so many others.
Equality4all
Fiddlers Green

Jesus was a jew though, he actually never was a Christian.

If Jesus believed in his own divinity then he would be a Christian, seeing as that is what a Christian is.

Partying Reveler

Hypocracy isn't in the Christian belief for all you must do to be Christian is accept the Lord Jesus Christ into your heart as your savior. You can't display hypocrasy on that account. However, not living by what you teach is hypocracy, but that's bound to happen. We're humans. All of us are hypocrites, not just Christians.

Partying Reveler

Hey, people, ever hear of messianic jews? Jesus could be a Jew and still believe he was the messiah. 3nodding
Glorified Soul
Hey, people, ever hear of messianic jews? Jesus could be a Jew and still believe he was the messiah. 3nodding

I thought Messianic Jews were Christians, just a specific type of Christian.
Wikipedia
Messianic Judaism is any of a group of loosely related religious movements, all claiming a connection with Judaism but predominantly evangelical Christian in their beliefs, believing Jesus to be the Messiah, and using the New Testament as scripture. The groups range from those comprising mostly of Jews to those which are mostly gentile in membership; the majority are mixed. Perhaps the best known of the Messianic groups, although certainly not the largest, is the controversial Jews for Jesus. Its stated aims are to educate Evangelical Christians concerning the Jewish origins of their Christian faith, and to convert Jews to Christianity.

Most Jewish converts to Christianity do not consider themselves "Messianic Jews". Many Protestant and Catholic churches have Jewish converts among their members, but these members self-identify as Christians. They also sometimes are referred to as Jewish Christians, Hebrew Christians, or Christian Jews. The term "Messianic Jew" is used only to refer to those affiliated with organizations and/or congregations that claim to be specifically part of the self-described Messianic Jews movement.

Messianic Jews commonly use the name Yeshua, which is the Hebrew name for Jesus. Some Messianic Jews do not consider themselves "Christians," preferring to call themselves Messianic or "Torah-Observant" Jews.

While many Messianic Jews are ethnically Jewish (and as such would be considered Jews even by Orthodox Jewish standards), Messianic Judaism is not seen as a legitimate form of Judaism by any recognized Jewish organization or leaders, apart from a handful of dissenting voices among the Reform and Reconstructionist Jewish movements.

If you can suggest any other good sources, please do, I love it when I'm wrong, that means I get to learn something new.
Thank You.

Eloquent Informer

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas