Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I've seen a lot of stuff over the years, not just on the internet but hearing it from friends or acquaintances, about other witches sending spells against them, or purposely throwing negative energy around, or being psychic vampires and feeding on unwilling victims. rolleyes

Lately I have seen people taking for granted that this s**t must definitely happen. Had someone tell me that they needed to work on their shielding because they made some other witch upset and they might try to harm them in some unspecified way... rofl

Do people really believe this happens? Because it all just sounds so silly to me. Such a waste of time.
Morgenna
I've seen a lot of stuff over the years, not just on the internet but hearing it from friends or acquaintances, about other witches sending spells against them, or purposely throwing negative energy around, or being psychic vampires and feeding on unwilling victims. rolleyes

Lately I have seen people taking for granted that this s**t must definitely happen. Had someone tell me that they needed to work on their shielding because they made some other witch upset and they might try to harm them in some unspecified way... rofl

Do people really believe this happens? Because it all just sounds so silly to me. Such a waste of time.

Believing that people are using magic against others seems trivial compared to believing magic is effective.

Blessed Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Lucky~9~Lives
Morgenna

Believing that people are using magic against others seems trivial compared to believing magic is effective.

Yes but that isn't the discussion, I know way too many 'witches' and they sincerely believe this. So I want to know why people think this way and what makes them think anyone cares enough to use the powers of darkness to attack them when all they did was look at their boyfriend or some s**t.
Morgenna
Lucky~9~Lives
Morgenna

Yes but that isn't the discussion, I know way too many 'witches' and they sincerely believe this. So I want to know why people think this way and what makes them think anyone cares enough to use the powers of darkness to attack them when all they did was look at their boyfriend or some s**t.

My point is: why wouldn't they; people are petty and suspicious in every other area of life, so why would magic be any different?

Blessed Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Lucky~9~Lives
Morgenna
Lucky~9~Lives
Morgenna

My point is: why wouldn't they; people are petty and suspicious in every other area of life, so why would magic be any different?

I guess so, mostly I want to hear from people who believe this s**t.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Morgenna
I guess so, mostly I want to hear from people who believe this s**t.

My views on the matter are complicated and I have difficulty articulating them at the best of times.
However, without needing to believe in it, I have seen legitimate BT Wiccans engage in this behaviour (whether or not it is efficacious is irrelevant).
It is a thing.
They do it.
Yes, it's a thing.
Yep, it's believed in.
and yea...it can cause A LOT of drama believe it or not.

Festive Dabbler

29,590 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Wraith of Azrael
Yes, it's a thing.
Yep, it's believed in.

Well, if it were a thing and believed in, I would be quite surprised if it didn't cause a lot of drama. And frankly, I'd be surprised if it weren't a thing; people have a tendency to weaponize anything they can, religious beliefs being a particularly popular choice.
Bring the Bitchcraft, cunts!

I'll show you the most powerful Magick there is when I whip out my can of WHOOP-a**.

LOLOLOL < That's it right there. 'Aint no witch that can stand up to my sense of humor! 4laugh

Blessed Friend

Bring any group of people together and there's bound to be drama. Why should witches be any different?

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
Morgenna

It's because while they are wasting their time trying to learn lvl 5 Fireball, they don't know the most powerful magic of all. Friendship.

User Image

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I will fire up the bagpipes because someone is about to use the "no true scotsman" fallacy any minute now.
Morgenna

It happens

Mostly between traditional lines but non-traditionalists can feel spited to.

The 70's were really bad between Gardnerians and Alexandrians. A few people such as Lady. Sheba tried to unify them bet were in no certain terms, dismissed. There is a trad called Algard though which is a hybrid trad.

Before that though Gardner's Coven had some brush-ins with the Clan of Atho and Robert Cochrane did not approve of some of Gardner's choices bringing the craft into the modern age. Gardner also pissed off Valiente but she never raised i'll against him and even left Cochrane's clan because she wouldn't be a part of the conflict.
catspook
Wraith of Azrael
Yes, it's a thing.
Yep, it's believed in.

Well, if it were a thing and believed in, I would be quite surprised if it didn't cause a lot of drama. And frankly, I'd be surprised if it weren't a thing; people have a tendency to weaponize anything they can, religious beliefs being a particularly popular choice.

Witches don't argue about beliefs they argue about correspondences and praxis rofl

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
DracoJesi
catspook
Wraith of Azrael
Yes, it's a thing.
Yep, it's believed in.

Witches don't argue about beliefs they argue about correspondences and praxis rofl

You obviously haven't been around here long. Besides the Wicca arguments, beliefs are the next top thing that gets argued between witches.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff