• Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Lucy Malum
Calelith
Lucy Malum
Calelith
Lucy Malum
There are many witches who are not Wiccan and many Wiccans who do not practice witchcraft. Many are on Tumblr.

"Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

But all Wiccans are witches (thought not all witches are Wiccan). Why would they not practice witchcraft?

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."

Not all Wiccans practice witchcraft, they are often intertwined.

...Wait, what?

Not. All. Wiccans. Practice. Witchcraft. It's a religion but many choose to practice witchcraft alongside it.

What. Is. Your. Source. To. Back. This. Claim?

Demonic Abomination

11,400 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Novice Mage 100
Witchcraft is a secular practice and not solely affiliated with one religion. Wiccans commonly practice witchcraft, yes, but there are also many others. Christ, there are Christian witches. I know a few.

I'm personally a Hard Polytheist. I identify as Pagan. I practice Demonolatry and Witchcraft, though I very rarely relate the two. Most spells I'm pretty intent on doing by my own power. There is a fair chance the entities I work with interfere anyways, if it suits them, but I don't actually ask them to.

Sinaht's Waifu

Bashful Spirit

9,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Generous 100
I'm a hedgewitch, so I can understand being a witch but not Wiccan. Hell, I'm not even religious. I'm agnostic. And for some reason, other witches don't seem to understand how that can work. Witchcraft isn't a religion, it's a practice. :I

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
Piment de la Vie
I'm a hedgewitch, so I can understand being a witch but not Wiccan. Hell, I'm not even religious. I'm agnostic. And for some reason, other witches don't seem to understand how that can work. Witchcraft isn't a religion, it's a practice. :I
I know several agnostic witches. Its not an issue for me. I also know witches that believe in spirits but not deities.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Loona Wynd
I know several agnostic witches. Its not an issue for me. I also know witches that believe in spirits but not deities.

As a tangent, and in no way to create an argument, one of the things that I think leads to this kind of confusion is multiple meanings for words.
Like spirit.
While I suspect that those witches believe in animistic spirits, someone else may read the same words and think that the thing believed in is ghostly spirits.

I think that the pagan communities need a higher degree of specificity.

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
CuAnnan
Loona Wynd

As a tangent, and in no way to create an argument, one of the things that I think leads to this kind of confusion is multiple meanings for words.
Like spirit.
While I suspect that those witches believe in animistic spirits, someone else may read the same words and think that the thing believed in is ghostly spirits.

I think that the pagan communities need a higher degree of specificity.
I agree with you there. This is one of the reasons my first conversations with people are typically what they mean by terms and phrases. I've come across those who believe in both animistic spirits and ghostly spirits as well and some who don't believe in ghosts or spirits but energy forces. There is such a wide variety of beliefs which is one of the reasons I love having discussions with other witches. The diversity fascinates me.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I'm not sure what witchcraft even is.

Blessed Friend

I'm Wiccan and I know that there are plenty of witches that aren't Wiccan. It's a big, diverse, witchy rainbow out there.

Friendly Informer

cerandromeda
i'm an actively practicing witch who is not Wiccan. i've rarely met another witch who isn't Wiccan, which is odd, but not overly strange. i personally dislike the heavy gender = duality symbolism in Wicca, which drove me away, but it makes me wonder: do Wiccans consider non-Wiccans who practice magic(k) witches?

Oh Jezebel. How you've confused these generations of saints...

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
_Leon Camero_
cerandromeda
i'm an actively practicing witch who is not Wiccan. i've rarely met another witch who isn't Wiccan, which is odd, but not overly strange. i personally dislike the heavy gender = duality symbolism in Wicca, which drove me away, but it makes me wonder: do Wiccans consider non-Wiccans who practice magic(k) witches?

Look not to the mote in thy brother's eye

Friendly Informer

CuAnnan
_Leon Camero_
cerandromeda

Thou shall not tempt the Lord.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
_Leon Camero_
CuAnnan
_Leon Camero_
cerandromeda

My quote is relevant. Yours is not.

Friendly Informer

CuAnnan
_Leon Camero_
CuAnnan
_Leon Camero_
cerandromeda

My quote is relevant. Yours is not.

Actually, mine was "whosoever believes in the Son of God shall be saved". You're only a scribe in quoting scriptures. But has no heart to understand.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff