Welcome to Gaia! ::

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
LepisAttorney
Advanced circle casting and introduction to alternative traditions. Where I live there is a large learning multi tradition circle called Oleteus that teaches classes at a shop called Edge of the Circle books.
The one god concept is the idea of god being many rather then a dude in the sky. Kinda like Brahma in the Hindu tradition.

"Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

I feel that the teacher for the class has no idea what they're talking about when it comes to Wicca.

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."

Business Vampire

4,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Team Edward 100
It's a multi tradition circle. Also if your talking about Georgian, traditional, or Alistarian traditions then yes. Also please do not underestimate the concept of Wicca. It has multiple branches as well. For example I know someone who honors god and goddess but recognizes deity as the courtship between the god and goddess. Please be more respectful in future. Oletaus has several priests and priestesses within it who have studied for as many as 30 years in the craft. I assume you are a traditionalist so I'll let it slide. Blessed be.

Calelith
LepisAttorney
Advanced circle casting and introduction to alternative traditions. Where I live there is a large learning multi tradition circle called Oleteus that teaches classes at a shop called Edge of the Circle books.
The one god concept is the idea of god being many rather then a dude in the sky. Kinda like Brahma in the Hindu tradition.

I feel that the teacher for the class has no idea what they're talking about when it comes to Wicca.

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
LepisAttorney
It's a multi tradition circle. Also if your talking about Georgian, traditional, or Alistarian traditions then yes. Also please do not underestimate the concept of Wicca. It has multiple branches as well. For example I know someone who honors god and goddess but recognizes deity as the courtship between the god and goddess. Please be more respectful in future. Oletaus has several priests and priestesses within it who have studied for as many as 30 years in the craft. I assume you are a traditionalist so I'll let it slide. Blessed be.

Doesn't make it any more legitimate. Which concept of Wicca are you talking about? Which branches are those? Which God and which Goddess? Respect works both ways. Just because someone has spent decades practicing the craft does not mean they cannot be or isn't wrong.

Why are you using ritualistic language as a parting?

Business Vampire

4,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Team Edward 100
I do not wish to argue. Or insult you as well. I have a secondary source that highlights the "All in one" concepts that were discussed in the class. I was not arguing that wicca is always monotheistic, I was arguing it can be deistic. I am not long in the craft compared to who taught me this, so I am not one to argue over it either. Do with it as you will. Blessed be. http://www.religioustolerance.org/wic_intr.htm

Calelith
LepisAttorney

Doesn't make it any more legitimate. Which concept of Wicca are you talking about? Which branches are those? Which God and which Goddess? Respect works both ways. Just because someone has spent decades practicing the craft does not mean they cannot be or isn't wrong.

Why are you using ritualistic language as a parting?

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
LepisAttorney
http://www.religioustolerance.org/wic_intr.htm

Yeah, no.

That's is not a good site to use when referencing Wicca...

Business Vampire

4,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Team Edward 100
Faith is personal. Have a good day.
Calelith
LepisAttorney
http://www.religioustolerance.org/wic_intr.htm

Yeah, no.

That's is not a good site to use when referencing Wicca...

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
LepisAttorney

What does that have to do with what I stated?

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
LepisAttorney
While faith is personal religions do have specific guidelines that they meet. Wicca has a specific God and Goddess that are worshiped. While it is true that individuals may experience them slightly different in ritual workings, they are worshiping the same God and have shared mystery experiences of those deities. So the rituals and workings of Wicca have specific deities that are dealt with and worshiped.

Business Vampire

4,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Team Edward 100
English is not my first language. I had a friend help with this message. I'm saying you probibly have more experience. I took a class. I am agnostic. Your a better source.

Calelith
LepisAttorney

Business Vampire

4,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Team Edward 100
As I mentioned above English is not my first language. A friend was helping me with it and it. Was not articulated well. I'm having a native speaker help me with this. I was trying to say that You are wiccan and probably know more then I. Personal I suppose has a different connotation. sorry for the confusion.
Loona Wynd
LepisAttorney
While faith is personal religions do have specific guidelines that they meet. Wicca has a specific God and Goddess that are worshiped. While it is true that individuals may experience them slightly different in ritual workings, they are worshiping the same God and have shared mystery experiences of those deities. So the rituals and workings of Wicca have specific deities that are dealt with and worshiped.
There are many witches who are not Wiccan and many Wiccans who do not practice witchcraft. Many are on Tumblr.

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Lucy Malum
There are many witches who are not Wiccan and many Wiccans who do not practice witchcraft. Many are on Tumblr.

But all Wiccans are witches (thought not all witches are Wiccan). Why would they not practice witchcraft?

Calelith
Lucy Malum

But all Wiccans are witches (thought not all witches are Wiccan). Why would they not practice witchcraft?

Not all Wiccans practice witchcraft, they are often intertwined.

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Lucy Malum
Calelith
Lucy Malum

...Wait, what?

Calelith
Lucy Malum
Calelith
Lucy Malum

...Wait, what?

Not. All. Wiccans. Practice. Witchcraft. It's a religion but many choose to practice witchcraft alongside it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff