Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thank you, creepy_kitty_cat, for completely tarring every practitioner of my religion - including myself - as someone who makes s**t up to justify their beliefs.

This is bullshit. It is possible to reinterpret Gardner's work in light of the information which has come out since his initial writings and still keep reasonably true to them.

If you are talking about fluff-bunniness, blame a) spiritual laziness in a portion of the followers- this is not exclusive to Wicca alone, as recent studies have come out noting that something around 80% (I think it was higher) of Christian youth had never cracked open a bible and held incorrect beliefs about their own religion. This laziness, imo, is taught by parents who are also lazy. I myself was taught to read the bible by the age of four, and after I converted to Wicca I took my responsibility to be well-informed about my religion very seriously. Most people, however, transfer their previous habits to their new religion, read a $RW book or two, and dub themselves Wiccan when they are in fact NOT.

B) The prevalence of incorrect or outright false information presented as Wicca or Wicca Lite, with heavily revised history. Oldschool practitioners may not be aware of modern finds (this is why there is so much conflicting info on Tarot cards even though accurate history - Italy, by Christians - has been available for over a decade) and/or they don't keep up on these things (which they should!) and newer practitioners read $RW and take it as Holy Writ. Combine them with problem a), and you have a recipe for much fluffiness- but as I said, this is NOT EXCLUSIVE to Wicca, and NOT ALL WICCANS are under this misinformation. ********, half the ASATRU I knew were in it to drink mead and sling axes at the SCA- and that's all.

People I've circled - and I myself - with have never had problems with Asatru. Points of commonality and differences made things interesting.

And to the original poster of this thread- we don't do End Times s**t because we're not worried about that stuff. We don't have some Zoroastrian-esque Enemy, we don't have burning lakes of fire where we will fry if we're bad, and so on. Find another religion.
wiccas will not have any part in the end of the world because the world will only end as we now it and life will continue
Quote:
Mackkcam27
I started off with one of the religions I, to be honest, knew absolutely nothing about, the religion being Wiccanism. The site I ended up starting with was: www.whywiccanssuck.com (Which actually has nothing insulting Wiccanism, only insulting the Fluffbunnies and correcting them

ok, i just visited that... site. a basher, no matter what they decide to target, is NOT a good source of information. that's like going to a christian to ask about satanism.
also, it's not called Wiccanism. that's not a biggy mistake, just a bit weird for a pagan to sit here and read that. it's Wicca.
and fluffy bunnies aren't all they're made down to be. a lot of wiccans and pagans start as fluffy bunnies. they don't know the rules or the way things go with their new religious choice, so they ask stupid questions and make mistakes for a year or two. we all start at the bottom...

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
maluna
Mackkcam27
I started off with one of the religions I, to be honest, knew absolutely nothing about, the religion being Wiccanism. The site I ended up starting with was: www.whywiccanssuck.com (Which actually has nothing insulting Wiccanism, only insulting the Fluffbunnies and correcting them

ok, i just visited that... site. a basher, no matter what they decide to target, is NOT a good source of information. that's like going to a christian to ask about satanism.
also, it's not called Wiccanism. that's not a biggy mistake, just a bit weird for a pagan to sit here and read that. it's Wicca.
and fluffy bunnies aren't all they're made down to be. a lot of wiccans and pagans start as fluffy bunnies. they don't know the rules or the way things go with their new religious choice, so they ask stupid questions and make mistakes for a year or two. we all start at the bottom...

The guy who wrote that site was wiccan before people like you came along. You visited that site, perhaps, but you did not read it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff