STEP 3: WHINE ABOUT HOW OPPRESSED YOU ARE 0.11015911872705 11.0% [ 270 ]
STEP 4: ???????? 0.37413300693594 37.4% [ 917 ]
STEP 5: PROFIT! 0.33741330069359 33.7% [ 827 ]
Total Votes:[ 2451 ]

Tipsy Fairy

Lucky~9~Lives
too2sweet
vwytche
Any that are interested in more accurate and useful info and sources please feel free to PM me. heart

If the thread is so horribly wrong... then make a new one.

It's been done.

Was not actually aware of that thread, but I really don't think it counts, seeing as how the OP doesn't really actually give any information at all other than a few links.

If she's going to continue to call out this thread for being inaccurate, then she should be more than willing to start a new "accurate" one, that is similar in structure. 3nodding

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
too2sweet

Was not actually aware of that thread, but I really don't think it counts, seeing as how the OP doesn't really actually give any information at all other than a few links.

The OP of the that particular thread was also created the day the thread was created and the majority of those that disagree with Eclectic Wicca were on ignore before the thread had gotten past the OP.

So if an alternate thread was made, there's a possibility it would end up the same as the one linked, everyone that disagrees with it will be blocked before they've even posted.

There was a new Wiccan FAQ created, but it quickly died thanks to the OP being plagiarized and two seekers speaking for their HPS.

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."

Blessed Regular

6,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
There have been two 'attempts' at a 'new' FAQ. Both have been moved to the recycle Bin. Perhaps it was due to plagiarism, as per the one by the CalGard person, or perhaps it was due to exclusivity like the one by that mule account registered the same day as the thread and who pre-blocked people (including me) before the thread was posted. Or perhaps it was because of the breach of the M&R Forum rules regarding REPEAT THREADS.

M&R Rules
Frequently Repeated Threads
It is understandable that there will be some overlapping in thread topics. However, please scan the first few pages before posting, as to avoid making a potential repeat thread. If there is an already active discussion on your desired topic, make use of the existing thread.

You are welcome to make a repeat topic IF you are introducing something unique to the discussion that does not exist in an existing thread. Otherwise, your thread may be moved to the Recycle Bin if it is found to be a repeat.

While I have always held that the FAQ is far from perfect, beginning a new thread will not succeed unless it is well written, using credible sources and has community consensus not only as to content but as to necessity. I don't think it's a good idea to just simply advise people to go off and make threads that may breach forum rules and incite argument rather than encourage genuine discussion. This thread is possibly one of the best on the internet. Not by virtue of the opening posts, but the entire history of the discussion through all it's thousands of posts. The longevity of the thread permits an organic flow of discussion so that if people do have a problem with the OP there is nothing stopping them from discussing it within the thread as per the forum rules. In fact, that has happened on numerous occasions before. So what's so different now that disagreements with the OP can't be discussed in a responsible manner?
vwytche
Oh yeah, like the OP of THIS thread that you set such store by wasn't blatently plagerized from a single site.

Which site?

4,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
vwytche
RE: previous two post

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Oh yeah, like the OP of THIS thread that you set such store by wasn't blatently plagerized from a single site.

I guess plagerism is stictly Gardner's domain as well, huh?

That Gardenrism in a nutshell, folks. We can take anything we want, from where/whoeevr we want, and once we do it's ours, holy and untouchable.

Seekers please, please, please do not buy into this elitist, bigoted claptrap. Know your own mind. Follow your own herat and find your own answers.

As always, I am available to provide any help on request.

So, kind of like exactly how eclectic Wicca is hodgepodge of beliefs all in a single labelled nutshell, right?
vwytche
New threads are pointless. The Gaia unofficial Wicca Watch and Pagan patrol leap on any attempts to do so and flame them into spamwars so quickly that they are easily complained right into CB. Don't bother asking for proof. Lucky has already provided it.

That being the case, how come this thread hasn't been moved to the Chatterbox by any of the moderators? Such spam wars happen in this thread constantly.

Questionable Shapeshifter

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Lucky~9~Lives
vwytche

Which site?

That would be "Wicca for the rest of us", which actually isn't a bad site at all. The links in to OP don't work b/c the URL has changed so here it is for any who are interested.

http://wicca.cnbeyer.com

The problem is not with the site. The problem is with the way the OP cherry picked at it to give the false impression that it supported the mistruths in her version.

Ironically, the owner and creater of the site is herself a solitary eclectic, as can be seen here.

http://wicca.cnbeyer.com/bio.shtml

I highly doubt she would approve of her work being used as a tool to attempt to discredit her and others like her, or adding to the confusion of early seekers who don't have a clue yet.

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Vincent the Forlorn
vwytche
New threads are pointless. The Gaia unofficial Wicca Watch and Pagan patrol leap on any attempts to do so and flame them into spamwars so quickly that they are easily complained right into CB. Don't bother asking for proof. Lucky has already provided it.

That being the case, how come this thread hasn't been moved to the Chatterbox by any of the moderators? Such spam wars happen in this thread constantly.

I keep hoping. Any that agree should report it ASAP. Maybe we can get rid of it once and for all.

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Recycling Existence
vwytche

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

That Gardenrism in a nutshell, folks. We can take anything we want, from where/whoeevr we want, and once we do it's ours, holy and untouchable.

Seekers please, please, please do not buy into this elitist, bigoted claptrap. Know your own mind. Follow your own herat and find your own answers.

So, kind of like exactly how eclectic Wicca is hodgepodge of beliefs all in a single labelled nutshell, right?

Not at all, but that being your impression I won't try to change it. Your mind is obviously already made up.

4,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
vwytche
Recycling Existence
vwytche

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Not at all, but that being your impression I won't try to change it. Your mind is obviously already made up.

Clearly you've read none of my prior posts - I do not subscribe to Murray's bullshit theory. I merely stated what I have observed and researched. Neither eclectic or initiatory Wicca can be traced back for any significant length of time.

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Recycling Existence
vwytche
Recycling Existence
vwytche

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Clearly you've read none of my prior posts - I do not subscribe to Murray's bullshit theory. I merely stated what I have observed and researched. Neither eclectic or initiatory Wicca can be traced back for any significant length of time.

Directly, no. I never said that it could. I simply dispute you claim that eclectc traditions are simply a hodgepodge of beliefs. Granted we do attract more than our fair share angsty teens, fad riders, and such. And certainly the media, both factual and entertainment, is no help. But anyone that thinks eclectic Wicca is just a hodgepodge, do whatever you want religion doesn't know much about it.

Adored Admirer

vwytche
I keep hoping. Any that agree should report it ASAP. Maybe we can get rid of it once and for all.

Quit your sniveling. You're not even a regular of M&R.
vwytche
Lucky~9~Lives
vwytche

Which site?

That would be "Wicca for the rest of us", which actually isn't a bad site at all. [The links in to OP don't work b/c the URL has changed so here it is for any who are interested.

http://wicca.cnbeyer.com

Thanks, but it's not plagiarism if the OP cites the site.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff