Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angelic Shade

Sir McQuackers
I'm going to admit here that I have next to zero knowledge of what Wicca practices or preaches. Lately, I've noticed a pattern of Wiccans (mostly female) who are "openly" bisexual and I can't seem to find any info that would suggest a connection between the two. My only theory is that both are rebellious phases that the individuals go through. Please enlighten me if you've seen this pattern too or have an alternative explanation/theory.

BTW: I get the rebellious vibe since Wiccans sometimes refer to themselves as Neo-Pagans. Since the word Pagan is to refer to any followers that don't share the same god as the Abrahamic religions, it wouldn't make sense to call yourself something that seems discriminate.

I'm bisexual and also an aspiring Wiccan. At least for me, there is no correlation.

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
KatanaXD

I'm bisexual and also an aspiring Wiccan. At least for me, there is no correlation.

"Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Aspiring in what way?

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."

Angelic Shade

Calelith
KatanaXD

Aspiring in what way?

To be a Wiccan, one must enter a coven. As a teenager, I can't do that, and any teen that claims to be a Wiccan is incorrect, unless they come from a Wiccan family or got permission from their parents to join a coven. Therefore, while I would like to be Wiccan, I'm not. So I say 'aspiring Wiccan'.

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
KatanaXD
unless they come from a Wiccan family or got permission from their parents to join a coven

That's incorrect. You're still not a Wiccan even if someone's parent/parents is/are a Wiccan. Nor can you get permission to join a coven when you must be at least 18 to get initiated.

Angelic Shade

Calelith
KatanaXD
unless they come from a Wiccan family or got permission from their parents to join a coven

That's incorrect. You're still not a Wiccan even if someone's parent/parents is/are a Wiccan. Nor can you get permission to join a coven when you must be at least 18 to get initiated.

Found that out recently.

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
KatanaXD
Calelith
KatanaXD

Found that out recently.

Oh? How recently?

Angelic Shade

Calelith
KatanaXD
Calelith
KatanaXD

Found that out recently.

Oh? How recently?

A couple of hours after making that post. There are a few misconceptions floating around, and I seem to have bought into that one.

4,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Dizzy_Solace
its a 'religion' that claims to actually be able to summon spirits or do magic
Why the quotes? The major ones like Christianity, Islam, Judaism, usually do not get the quotes, yet are they any more reasonable?
B4T
Dizzy_Solace
Why the quotes? The major ones like Christianity, Islam, Judaism, usually do not get the quotes, yet are they any more reasonable?
Reasonable would be a religion which admits where it contradicts, and doesn't line up with scholarly facts and history or science. One which is generally moral by todays, tomorrows, and yesterdays standards.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Dizzy_Solace
B4T
Dizzy_Solace
Reasonable would be a religion which admits where it contradicts, and doesn't line up with scholarly facts and history or science. One which is generally moral by todays, tomorrows, and yesterdays standards.

Standards change over time.
Hence one person can no longer own another person, a man can no longer beat his wife, these were moral standards.
They are incompatible with today's moral standards.
You are establishing a literally impossible standard that a "reasonable" religion should have to live up to.
CuAnnan
Dizzy_Solace
B4T
Dizzy_Solace

Standards change over time.
Hence one person can no longer own another person, a man can no longer beat his wife, these were moral standards.
They are incompatible with today's moral standards.
You are establishing a literally impossible standard that a "reasonable" religion should have to live up to.
present and future standards then. But if you have a religion about sacrificing virgins or something, and suddenly it becomes moral or popular, how would that redeem itself, lol.
so I still somewhat stand by what I said. I dont mean for them to change the past. But I expect them to have been reasonable, and to continue to be reasonable. Is that not reasonable?

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Dizzy_Solace
present and future standards then.

Is there some particular reason you think that today's standards will not be considered horrifically immoral in the future?

Dizzy_Solace
But if you have a religion about sacrificing virgins or something, and suddenly it becomes moral or popular, how would that redeem itself, lol.

So you think all religions should conform to your moral perspective.
Right, didn't know you had a mainline to the objective morality.
Oh, you don't.

Dizzy_Solace
so I still somewhat stand by what I said.

You just triggered my "you're nothing but a hypocrite" trap card.

Dizzy_Solace
But I expect them to have been reasonable, and to continue to be reasonable. Is that not reasonable?

No. You don't expect them to have been reasonable. You expect them to conform to your preconceptions on appropriate behaviour.
Because everyone should just think like you do.
CuAnnan
Quit spouting nonsense. I don't mean they should rigidly conform to future standards today, I expect them to conform when the time comes. Get your head out of your a**.
Dizzy_Solace
I don't mean they should rigidly conform to future standards today, I expect them to conform when the time comes.

You mean, people will conform to sacrificing virgins or something when the time comes that sacrifice virgins or something is the standard?
Lucky~9~Lives
Dizzy_Solace
I don't mean they should rigidly conform to future standards today, I expect them to conform when the time comes.

You mean, people will conform to sacrificing virgins or something when the time comes that sacrifice virgins or something is the standard?
What, do you want me to chart out everything I find stupid or that should be done? I would get criticized from everyone here for my efforts. No thank you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff