Welcome to Gaia! ::

I don't know why I can't grip this. I know this is probably one we must ask ourselves but I need some type of comfort. Why does god give us really good people who change are lives for the better and then takes them away? I mean in the physical sense? Like God just killing them at an undeserving age, giving them a disease, or having people that you can see them? God always seems to be speaking through these people and yet it's like he is taking himself away when doing this. It feels as though he is leavingus along with that person who you feel is important to you. I always hurts me. I just don't get it. I hope this topic belongs here, oh well. IDK, anything said to help me would be greatly appreciated.
DEFG7890
I don't know why I can't grip this. I know this is probably one we must ask ourselves but I need some type of comfort. Why does god give us really good people who change are lives for the better and then takes them away? I mean in the physical sense? Like God just killing them at an undeserving age, giving them a disease, or having people that you can see them? God always seems to be speaking through these people and yet it's like he is taking himself away when doing this. It feels as though he is leavingus along with that person who you feel is important to you. I always hurts me. I just don't get it. I hope this topic belongs here, oh well. IDK, anything said to help me would be greatly appreciated.
It's a test of your faith.
Alternately, you can't enjoy heaven unless you've suffered first.
Alternately, God's creation was perfect until it was tainted by satan.
Alternately, the material world is inherently sinful, and from this sin arises suffering.
Alternately, we must suffer to atone for Adam's primal sin.
Any of those work for you? If not, I'd highly reccommend agnosticism.
agnosticism? Never heard.
The reason that these things happen is becaus a so called "god" is fictional and people just want to use god as a scape goat for all the problems in the world. And if I am wrong and there is a god, it might be just like humans. If humans were to make something go wrong they wouldnt always fix it, they would want to see what happens. honestly there is nothing controlling anyones fate.
Okay I looked up the defination, got it!
{.citrus_apple.}
The reason that these things happen is becaus a so called "god" is fictional and people just want to use god as a scape goat for all the problems in the world. And if I am wrong and there is a god, it might be just like humans. If humans were to make something go wrong they wouldnt always fix it, they would want to see what happens. honestly there is nothing controlling anyones fate.

Prove it. neutral
DEFG7890
agnosticism? Never heard.
Allow me to rephrase, then:
If none of those explanations allow you to reconcile a loving omnipotent God with the evidence of your senses, you should consider either disbelieving reality or disbelieving the loving omnipotent god.
Things happen for a reason. Whether you attribute a God to it or not is up to you, but placing the blaim on someone we dont even know exists and whose nature is quite fickle seems like it would just make the pain worse.
Life is an eternal cycle of bliss and suffering... birth and death. This is just the way things are. Things are ever in an eternal state of change, and some people can't cope with and handle the changes when they bring bad. The only way the cycle would stop is if time were stoped. And... well... we all know *that* is not going to happen.
{.citrus_apple.} wrote:

Well, I'm not sure if there is such a thing as a "God(s)" but all I know (well actually believe) is that there is a force greater then humans that may actually be out there. Cause how could there be so many faiths? So many cults? So many religions and beliefs? There just must be a reason why many of our great ancistors started believing in such things.
Westonian
{.citrus_apple.}

Prove it. neutral
well me saying there is no god is like you saying there is. But people are saying "why would god do this" when someone gets murdered or something and what they should be asking is "why would man do this?"(are you going to continue following me telling me to proove stuff?)
I just feel so horrible, I mean everyone who I have lefted in my life who are all I have are slowly leaving me. And it saddens me knowing that, I might be left alone.
DEFG7890
I just feel so horrible, I mean everyone who I have lefted in my life who are all I have are slowly leaving me. And it saddens me knowing that, I might be left alone.
in your life you will gain many and possibly loose many friends and when you gain friends your going to feel great its greater then it seems and when you loose a friend you never think your going to gain any friends again but you will.
DEFG, unfortunately losing people that you care about is a very hard part of life. I have been lucky not to lose anyone to death, yet, but i know that day will come. There are parents, relatives, and even friends that I know will die before me. In addition, there are other factors that drive people apart in life, either through career choices, where to go to school, or just drifting apart. Friendships change a lot in people's lives, especially in people's lives that are still young and haven't really found their way in life yet.

In short, I know, and there are lots of other people that understand what you are going through. And even though it is hard, it will be okay. Talking about how you feel really does help.
well, if you mean leaving in a dying sense. then maybe he isn't taking them from you as much as he is taking them to himself. as in it may be a reward for them.

the second thing is that according to the bible our human bodies are cursed to die, by disease, other people, accidents, whatever, we're not invincible, and maybe God heals people temporarily sometimes but all our bodies eventually die anyway, even if the people are the most God loving best people you'd ever meet.

If you want to go meet a lot of those people I'd definately recomend Western Washington University for you.

I guess maybe I'd suggest asking a different question. Why does God even allow you to meet such incredible people at all, I mean, do you feel like you deserve it? I know I don't, but he brings them around anyway. Isn't that amazing. and I guess He takes them away because if they were always here all we would do is listen to them and never actually do anything or encourage anyone else ourselves.....

I guess those are a few of my thoughts on that

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces