Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sneaker Pimps
becky032
because he does not like you
Then he must despise most of humanity.

What if Gaia sold "Legendary Mage" sneakers?
Aeggnis
Sneaker Pimps
becky032
because he does not like you
Then he must despise most of humanity.

What if Gaia sold "Legendary Mage" sneakers?
Then I might just s**t a ******** brick! whee
Xiam
A shorter possible answer:
Sneaker Pimps
Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people?

He doesn't. We do.
i agree with you. god gave us free will to do as we wish. it is up to us for what we di to be right or wrong, good or bad. so in it is on the people of this earth for things to happen the way they do. not god. our paths are not writen for us. we write our own with the gift that god gave us.
Avgvsto
Frank Fingerman
Avgvsto
Sneaker Pimps
Avgvsto
"-do you now put a price on it? As if the eye demanded a return for seeing, or the feet for walking. ..., so man was made to do good: and whenever he has done something good or otherwise contributory to the common interest, he has done what he was designed for, and inherits his own."
Marcus Aurelius
I love this, why post? razz
It seems odd that anyone could consider something good or bad when no one is actually owed anything. Expecting something more from creation when you had absolutely no equity in its making seems odd. It would be like calling a house that you were gifted bad just because its not a different house, either way it is just a gift. Eyes don't ask favors for seeing, why does man ask for favors for existing? In fact existence is a favor to begin with, why should we even bother to judge it?

Would you take that answer from a father.Just be happy I squirted you in ur mom.
yes, if you dont like a gift you dont have to accept it.

You mean suicide???
fishman2020
Xiam
Sneaker Pimps

He doesn't. We do.
i agree with you. god gave us free will to do as we wish. it is up to us for what we di to be right or wrong, good or bad. so in it is on the people of this earth for things to happen the way they do. not god. our paths are not writen for us. we write our own with the gift that god gave us.

He still made all the bad possible

Apocalyptic Slayer

16,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Survivor 150
fishman2020
Xiam
Sneaker Pimps

He doesn't. We do.
Going off of Christian doctrine; Genesis. Also "God has a plan" is thrown around quite a bit. The Apocalypse is sure as s**t telling us that are paths are set.
Pilfer von Durem
fishman2020
Xiam
Sneaker Pimps

He doesn't. We do.
Going off of Christian doctrine; Genesis. Also "God has a plan" is thrown around quite a bit. The Apocalypse is sure as s**t telling us that are paths are set.
"If God had a plan?" If only, if only...
Pilfer von Durem
fishman2020
Xiam
Sneaker Pimps

He doesn't. We do.
that i dont believe. i think we make our own paths. weather we say yes or no to anything its the power of free will that throws out the paths are set. if that was the case then why did god give us free will.

Apocalyptic Slayer

16,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Survivor 150
fishman2020
that i dont believe. i think we make our own paths. weather we say yes or no to anything its the power of free will that throws out the paths are set. if that was the case then why did god give us free will.
Circular reasoning.

Dapper Reveler

Frank Fingerman
Avgvsto
Frank Fingerman
Avgvsto
Sneaker Pimps
Avgvsto
"-do you now put a price on it? As if the eye demanded a return for seeing, or the feet for walking. ..., so man was made to do good: and whenever he has done something good or otherwise contributory to the common interest, he has done what he was designed for, and inherits his own."
Marcus Aurelius
I love this, why post? razz
It seems odd that anyone could consider something good or bad when no one is actually owed anything. Expecting something more from creation when you had absolutely no equity in its making seems odd. It would be like calling a house that you were gifted bad just because its not a different house, either way it is just a gift. Eyes don't ask favors for seeing, why does man ask for favors for existing? In fact existence is a favor to begin with, why should we even bother to judge it?

Would you take that answer from a father.Just be happy I squirted you in ur mom.

You mean suicide???
Leave and live on your own. You do not have to except the fruits of your family, or even of civilization itself. In fact I've lived as a hermit sporadically for several years just living of the land and what I kill, if you really hate civilization so much prove it and don't bother with it.
Avgvsto
Frank Fingerman
Avgvsto
Frank Fingerman
Avgvsto

You mean suicide???
Leave and live on your own. You do not have to except the fruits of your family, or even of civilization itself. In fact I've lived as a hermit sporadically for several years just living of the land and what I kill, if you really hate civilization so much prove it and don't bother with it.
WOOWHO!

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Avgvsto
Frank Fingerman
Avgvsto
Frank Fingerman
Avgvsto

You mean suicide???

If all life is as you describe then it's fruits are not worth worship either, nor is the concept of being owed anything for the creation of such fruits.

It is not that i am trying to tie morality to anything physical really, it's that when i see something growing from the earth, start to finish, then i take something from it...i'm not sure if it's natural, but there is a sense of return of labor so as to either propogate the fruit or pay homage to the seed.

Maybe that's a bit religious, but you can't make something grow without watering it, fertilizing it, and caring for it, at least if you intend to feed from it some day.

Therefore there might be evil in stasis, but does that make work and activity always good? What about an the eventual stasis that allegedly awaits everyone in the end?

In any case, perhaps you make a point in that good or bad may be religious constructs, but meanings of words can be changed and adapted to suit the times. I'd say suffering is avoidable and a reduction thereof is preferable within oneself and others. Whether or not this is a step up from the good/evil idealism, i dunno.

Dapper Reveler

stealthmongoose

If all life is as you describe then it's fruits are not worth worship either, nor is the concept of being owed anything for the creation of such fruits.
This is different, if you don't believe there is any good in the fruits of creation then suicide would probably be a good route for you. That is why suicide is considered evil, only demons believe they are better than creation, and therefore they are for destruction.

stealthmongoose

In any case, perhaps you make a point in that good or bad may be religious constructs, but meanings of words can be changed and adapted to suit the times. I'd say suffering is avoidable and a reduction thereof is preferable within oneself and others. Whether or not this is a step up from the good/evil idealism, i dunno.
You heavily misunderstand me if you do not understand that I certainly believe in good and evil. One must understand that our own minds are part of creation and therefore just as real as anything else. If you come to a conclusion of morality through your mind and logic it is just as justifiable as anything empirically considered because our minds exist just as much as anything physical. Physical creation does not really have to follow our laws, but that does not mean that perfection and goodness don't exist; it just means that we can't rely on creation to mean anything for us. Perhaps one day we will find out why creation does what it does but it doesn't even really matter, we aren't owed anything so all we can do is decide what is decent for us to do- everything else doesn't concern us.

Dapper Reveler

stealthmongoose
Also I must ask, do you consider yourself religious?
stealthmongoose
Avgvsto
Frank Fingerman
Avgvsto
Frank Fingerman
Avgvsto

You mean suicide???

It is not that i am trying to tie morality to anything physical really, it's that when i see something growing from the earth, start to finish, then i take something from it...i'm not sure if it's natural, but there is a sense of return of labor so as to either propogate the fruit or pay homage to the seed.

Maybe that's a bit religious, but you can't make something grow without watering it, fertilizing it, and caring for it, at least if you intend to feed from it some day.

Therefore there might be evil in stasis, but does that make work and activity always good? What about an the eventual stasis that allegedly awaits everyone in the end?

Your right.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces