Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Reveler

classic trashic
I mean, who cares? it doesn't matter who's right anymore. all you do is fight with each other. it doesn't matter what you believe in. all that matters is how you act in life. whether you are atheists, or muslim, or christian, or anything, you should all be nice to each other. you'll be a lot happier.
Why do you think this opinion matters?

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Because when each person is given something they view as an immutable truth, dealing with other people who have a different immutable truth is not easy. However, you are correct, this should not be a reason for war. If I believe one thing, and someone else another, so what? If he or she is not trying to convert me, what is the problem?

Interesting Millionaire

7,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Streaker 200
I think it's more of an "If I don't like someone I hope they give me a reason to dislike them in public and treat them like trash." I mean some disputes start over the smallest things mostly because someone doesn't like someone else and simply needs a reason, any, to take their anger out.

Conversationalist

Concern troll is concerned.
The more popular something is, the shittier its fan-base.

No matter how good it is.

No matter if its message is of love and peace.

No exception.
Belief informs action.
I'm afraid Gaia isn't always the best place to look for coherent discussions about religion that don't devolve into "no u!" after a certain point.

It would be very nice if we could just do away with religious fighting and prejudice. We are all human, after all. But as with many things that we think of as critical, religion is guaranteed to be controversial. It comes with the territory. That doesn't mean that it's wrong to search for deeper meaning/a higher power or entity/some kind of peace or clarity in life, it simply means that sometimes people disagree about these things, sometimes very, very strongly. What seems to be the obvious truth to one person may seem like an obvious lie to another, and vice versa.

But we're not always like that and we're not all awful monsters. Most of us are just doing the best we know how with the lives we're given. Not all of us see eye to eye on every subject, but there is beauty of every kind imaginable in this universe, and what may seem like chaos and strife on one level may end up being harmony on another. I wish it were a little more clear, but all we can do is our very best and hope that at the end of it all we can look back on our lives and say that we were the best people we knew how to be.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff