Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,175 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I mean, who cares? it doesn't matter who's right anymore. all you do is fight with each other. it doesn't matter what you believe in. all that matters is how you act in life. whether you are atheists, or muslim, or christian, or anything, you should all be nice to each other. you'll be a lot happier.

Witty Phantom

7,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
classic trashic
I mean, who cares? it doesn't matter who's right anymore. all you do is fight with each other. it doesn't matter what you believe in. all that matters is how you act in life. whether you are atheists, or muslim, or christian, or anything, you should all be nice to each other. you'll be a lot happier.

I can't speak for everyone here, but many of us actually care about whats true. We want to share our beliefs and speak to others about them so that we may better each other and our understanding of the world. It's not about bashing. I'm not sure anyone in the ED truly hates or dislikes anyone else. We just disagree with each other.

8,175 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Vestri Umbra
classic trashic

I can't speak for everyone here, but many of us actually care about whats true. We want to share our beliefs and speak to others about them so that we may better each other and our understanding of the world. It's not about bashing. I'm not sure anyone in the ED truly hates or dislikes anyone else. We just disagree with each other.

"true"? no one knows what's true. you'll never know until you die, and if the atheists are right, or the reincarnation people right, then it will never be known. yall should just stop worrying about it and get on with your lives. there are much more important things in this world to worry about than whose beliefs are correct.
classic trashic

As stated by the person above me, people care bout what is true and what isnt. The people in ED dont really hate each other to the point where we will fight, literally, over it. Its more that we discuss it and show our sides of it more than anything else. Some people do care, others dont.

Greedy Consumer

classic trashic
Vestri Umbra
classic trashic

"true"? no one knows what's true.
I know that soda has high fructose corn syrup, that is true, so its possible to know what is true, which means people can know whats true.

Greedy Consumer

classic trashic
Vestri Umbra
classic trashic

"true"? no one knows what's true. you'll never know until you die, and if the atheists are right, or the reincarnation people right, then it will never be known. yall should just stop worrying about it and get on with your lives. there are much more important things in this world to worry about than whose beliefs are correct.
another thing. You are saying it doesnt matter who is right, lets move forward. Well religion says not to move forward sometimes. What do we do then? What I am trying to do is help move others forward. Religion doesnt care if we move forward or not, just that people believe. And forward Implies we all want the same thing with moving forward, which isnt true because we move forward differently based on our beliefs. So you saying belief doesnt matter is completely false.
The religion I left told me that it really did matter what you believe and that it does matter who's right, and that that religion is right, everybody else is wrong, and that they need to be told of their ways so that they can join us.

Unfortunately that's also what every religion I came across when I was open to the idea of religion said as well.

Thus is why people fight over religion.
classic trashic

I agree with you. I don't care what people believe, only how they act. The problem is that members of modern culture act really badly. This is why I am organizing a group for people who Act Biblically, regardless of what they believe.

Dapper Cultist

healthy discussion doesn't equal fighting. Some people legitimately like debating their point and hearing the other side out.
i agree, i left religion a year ago, no more controling rules, no fighting. i'm not "lost" i just follow my spiritual path, if someone doesnt agree with me thats there issue. they can believe what they want, everyones truth is different, theres no right religion at all.

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Sweet Satan, I didn't think it was possible for a thread to split off into mitosis but here it is! Odin's beard woman, did you even read over the entire first page before posting this Duplicate Thread?

Regardless, i'm completely taken aback by the religious belief that the truth is unattainable by all but people who are dead. What a childish, immature, stupid, and blatantly inaccurate statement to make.

Not a single one of you self-justifying pricks has the ability to surpass reality with your beliefs, and until you do there is ZERO credibility to your claims about the afterlife and the supernatural pertaining to your beliefs, which usually claim to surpass reality in some way.

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
fschmidt
classic trashic

I agree with you. I don't care what people believe, only how they act. The problem is that members of modern culture act really badly. This is why I am organizing a group for people who Act Biblically, regardless of what they believe.

Thank you for being so Christ-like...

...and that's just Christian of you.

8,175 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
We Are Organisms
classic trashic
Vestri Umbra
classic trashic

another thing. You are saying it doesnt matter who is right, lets move forward. Well religion says not to move forward sometimes. What do we do then? What I am trying to do is help move others forward. Religion doesnt care if we move forward or not, just that people believe. And forward Implies we all want the same thing with moving forward, which isnt true because we move forward differently based on our beliefs. So you saying belief doesnt matter is completely false.

i'm saying believe what you want, but don't put others down for being different than you. there's no sense in being an a*****e just because some people believe in a god whom you deem poppycock. let them have their god. you should respect them, just as they should respect you. people believe in a lot of silly things. you probably believe in some non-religious silly things. everyone does.

8,175 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
We Are Organisms
classic trashic
Vestri Umbra
classic trashic

"true"? no one knows what's true.
I know that soda has high fructose corn syrup, that is true, so its possible to know what is true, which means people can know whats true.

my soda is sweetened with glucose-fructose. because there is a balanced fructose to glucose ratio, it is less likely to stimulate digestive pains in fructose intolerant people smile
corn is the main staple in america, so basically everything is made out of it.

8,175 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
littlebluewolfdemon
classic trashic

As stated by the person above me, people care bout what is true and what isnt. The people in ED dont really hate each other to the point where we will fight, literally, over it. Its more that we discuss it and show our sides of it more than anything else. Some people do care, others dont.

when you tell people their beliefs are stupid, that moves from discussion to bashing. discussion would be like, "I disagree for these reasons," and you would do it in a civilized manner. or be like, "I am Muslim because. . ." that kind of stuff.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff