• Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
vwytche
stealthmongoose
littlebluewolfdemon
classic trashic
littlebluewolfdemon
classic trashic
I mean, who cares? it doesn't matter who's right anymore. all you do is fight with each other. it doesn't matter what you believe in. all that matters is how you act in life. whether you are atheists, or muslim, or christian, or anything, you should all be nice to each other. you'll be a lot happier.

As stated by the person above me, people care bout what is true and what isnt. The people in ED dont really hate each other to the point where we will fight, literally, over it. Its more that we discuss it and show our sides of it more than anything else. Some people do care, others dont.

when you tell people their beliefs are stupid, that moves from discussion to bashing. discussion would be like, "I disagree for these reasons," and you would do it in a civilizehttp://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyqlo2m4O41qb9x3vo1_500.gifd manner. or be like, "I am Muslim because. . ." that kind of stuff.

There are people who think telling someone else's religious views are stupid, most likely believe its a legit 'discussion' related thing. Its just being, most likely, ignorance because of the fact they dont know that much, or dont know what else to say. I say just move on, and not care.

My religion includes the dogma of 2 + 2 equaling 3. If you called this belief stupid, you would be right. You're not respecting me by taking my creeds at face value and ignoring their relevance to reality. If you were respectful you would challenge me on all of my claims that you disagree with, because to respect another human being is to observe their intelligence for what it is.

Ignorance is the idea of accepting or refusing to disagree with beliefs for the sake of sunshine and smiley faces.

OK, but supposed this dogma comes from a culture where they count 1,2,4,3,5. A short amount of discussion would eventually reveal that and clear up the confusion. But leading w, "You're wrong," will only lead to needless conflict. A challenge need not be made disrespetfully.

Everyone thinks this is about disagreement. That's a smokescreen. Some of the people I've gotten into the most drawn out, peal the onion, debates with later sent me friend requests. The problem is flat out rudeness.

"I don't think I can agree with you b/c of these points. Would you care to address them?"

"You believe that s**t? God, you're a moron."

Now of those two examples, which one is interested in having a discussion, and which one is just trolling? Not hard to figure out, is it? yet you call the second one on trolling and the defense will be that disagreeing isn't trolling, thus using the smokescreen as an excuse why they can be as rude as they like, and nobody can say anything.

The line would be drawn at the belief and the person, i'd say. "These beliefs make you appear stupid" is not wrong if the belief itself is stupid. The person themselves may be intelligent, but it is the right of an individual to assess what they are presented with.

If the hilight of your argument is "Fish can fly because God says so" then i'm afraid that's going to color a person's impression about one's priorities and validity in their beliefs.

This is different from calling a person outright stupid, but i can see that it is a thin line. The best way to determine stupid beliefs from intelligent beliefs is to apply them and measure the outcome. Hence, why counting 1, 2, 4, 3, 5 is probably going to give the impression of a lack of education, making the belief stupid regardless of culture as it has no applicable use based in intelligence.

Questionable Shapeshifter

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
stealthmongoose
vwytche
stealthmongoose
littlebluewolfdemon
classic trashic

when you tell people their beliefs are stupid, that moves from discussion to bashing. discussion would be like, "I disagree for these reasons," and you would do it in a civilizehttp://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyqlo2m4O41qb9x3vo1_500.gifd manner. or be like, "I am Muslim because. . ." that kind of stuff.

There are people who think telling someone else's religious views are stupid, most likely believe its a legit 'discussion' related thing. Its just being, most likely, ignorance because of the fact they dont know that much, or dont know what else to say. I say just move on, and not care.

My religion includes the dogma of 2 + 2 equaling 3. If you called this belief stupid, you would be right. You're not respecting me by taking my creeds at face value and ignoring their relevance to reality. If you were respectful you would challenge me on all of my claims that you disagree with, because to respect another human being is to observe their intelligence for what it is.

Ignorance is the idea of accepting or refusing to disagree with beliefs for the sake of sunshine and smiley faces.

OK, but supposed this dogma comes from a culture where they count 1,2,4,3,5. A short amount of discussion would eventually reveal that and clear up the confusion. But leading w, "You're wrong," will only lead to needless conflict. A challenge need not be made disrespetfully.

Everyone thinks this is about disagreement. That's a smokescreen. Some of the people I've gotten into the most drawn out, peal the onion, debates with later sent me friend requests. The problem is flat out rudeness.

"I don't think I can agree with you b/c of these points. Would you care to address them?"

"You believe that s**t? God, you're a moron."

Now of those two examples, which one is interested in having a discussion, and which one is just trolling? Not hard to figure out, is it? yet you call the second one on trolling and the defense will be that disagreeing isn't trolling, thus using the smokescreen as an excuse why they can be as rude as they like, and nobody can say anything.

The line would be drawn at the belief and the person, i'd say. "These beliefs make you appear stupid" is not wrong if the belief itself is stupid. The person themselves may be intelligent, but it is the right of an individual to assess what they are presented with.

If the hilight of your argument is "Fish can fly because God says so" then i'm afraid that's going to color a person's impression about one's priorities and validity in their beliefs.

This is different from calling a person outright stupid, but i can see that it is a thin line. The best way to determine stupid beliefs from intelligent beliefs is to apply them and measure the outcome. Hence, why counting 1, 2, 4, 3, 5 is probably going to give the impression of a lack of education, making the belief stupid regardless of culture as it has no applicable use based in intelligence.

I believe we have had a communication break down, so let me address that before anything else.

I think you took me to mean that the denominaters of three and four had switched places,thus creating a system of mathematics that would not work, not being factually founded. What meant was that the denominaters run in the correct order, but the WORDS ans SYMBOLS for three and four had somehow switched meanings in this hypothetical language.

Actually, it's a good thing that happened. It's a really good example of the whole premiss. What I said to you seemed very erronious at first, but by responding to it civally instead of attacking it, you allow me the chance to clarify and avoid needless conflict.

Original Wrangler

9,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
No matter how rose-tinted your glasses are, you must admit that there are a lot of people here who frequent simply to preach their faiths and bully others for their views. That's simple human nature, and it is ludicrous to assume that all people in the ED are here for some heart-to-heart conversation to share beliefs. To be quite frank, I came here to do just that, but ended up staying only for all of these conflicts never-ending. There is no equal ground here. It's a fine way to relieve the ennui brought on by the day's rigors, to see people bicker over what I perceive as nothing of importance.

Noob

classic trashic
I mean, who cares? it doesn't matter who's right anymore. all you do is fight with each other. it doesn't matter what you believe in. all that matters is how you act in life. whether you are atheists, or muslim, or christian, or anything, you should all be nice to each other. you'll be a lot happier.

A topic on Gaia online with valid points?
...my... my brain...

Enduring Phantom

I agree, though some people will always have a bug up their a** when it comes to spreading what they perceive as the truth. Things go a lot smoother if you just pull up a comfy armchair, get a big bowl of cheese puffs and let them get it all out. Don't argue, just ask insightful questions, be attentive, and roll with it. It makes religion much easier to talk about.

The only time I run into an issue is if they expect me to seriously convert, which is something I could not do in good conscience 99.9% of the time.

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
classic trashic
I mean, who cares?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Blessed Seeker

classic trashic

You're right. People are different, we just have to accept that.
As for me, it is not about who is right or wrong, but to share the truth I've come to know, it is up to the person to accept it or not.
I also do hope people would be much kinder to each other though especially here in the M&R.

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
ANJell-GoMinam
classic trashic

As for me, it is not about who is right or wrong, but to share the truth I've come to know, it is up to the person to accept it or not.
I also do hope people would be much kinder to each other though especially here in the M&R.

I'm so glad the detractors of this topic have chosen to expose themselves for the intellectually vapid and progress-less stance they hold.

While murdering and proxy harming others, they claim that their belief is harmless. While others post facts to the contrary, they shout "We should all get along and forget everything that has just been spoken."

To be perfectly honest, i've seen NYPD scumbags with more integrity than this. While an NYPD abusive officer may stop and frisk a minority, they will not assert that someone else is doing so while shouting "Nothing to see here."

The opposition in this conversation, however, seem all too happy to ignore the very real consequences of religious practice and faith.

Tell me then, oh wise and pacifistically superior worshipper, does ignoring and silencing ourselves to the harm that your religion causes, solve the problem? How many children are saved from faith healing murders while we refuse to talk about the issues and claim that everyone should just do whatever the ******** they want?

What merit does that argument have, really? None of you who share this opinion are bold or faithful, or even intelligent enough to challenge the opposition in a meaningful way.

Instead, you spout that this is a non-issue, that your beliefs and the way you practice them, do not influence others, despite evidence to the contrary.

Continue being ignorant if you must, but expect to be opposed at every turn. Because as long as there are lives in the balance, people who are willing to learn, and human beings who have need of something more than a complacent fairy tale to lull them to sleep while others scream in agony...

...me and others like me will be there to show you just how wrong you are for insisting that everyone just shut up instead of fixing these problems with your stupid religion.

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
This is a thread in a forum about right and wrong.

If you want to start a thread on complacency, comfort, and willful ignorance i suggest you hit the supernatural forum post haste.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
classic trashic
why do you all fight over religion?

Because it's an easy ego-trip.

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Xiam
classic trashic

Nah. It's because many religions are based on faith, and faith is harmful when used as justification for actions.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
dh8d1
Xiam
classic trashic

Nah. It's because many religions are based on faith, and faith is harmful when used as justification for actions.

That seems like more of an explanation for why people do bad things in the name of religion, though, not why we're fighting over religion.

Distinct Genius

13,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Xiam
dh8d1
Xiam
classic trashic

That seems like more of an explanation for why people do bad things in the name of religion, though, not why we're fighting over religion.
Fighting over religion is a bad thing done in the name of a religion.
Not only that, but fighting over religion is usually because of the faith in the religion that is used as justification for the actions.

Blessed Seeker

stealthmongoose
ANJell-GoMinam
classic trashic

I'm so glad the detractors of this topic have chosen to expose themselves for the intellectually vapid and progress-less stance they hold.

While murdering and proxy harming others, they claim that their belief is harmless. While others post facts to the contrary, they shout "We should all get along and forget everything that has just been spoken."

To be perfectly honest, i've seen NYPD scumbags with more integrity than this. While an NYPD abusive officer may stop and frisk a minority, they will not assert that someone else is doing so while shouting "Nothing to see here."

The opposition in this conversation, however, seem all too happy to ignore the very real consequences of religious practice and faith.

Tell me then, oh wise and pacifistically superior worshipper, does ignoring and silencing ourselves to the harm that your religion causes, solve the problem? How many children are saved from faith healing murders while we refuse to talk about the issues and claim that everyone should just do whatever the ******** they want?

What merit does that argument have, really? None of you who share this opinion are bold or faithful, or even intelligent enough to challenge the opposition in a meaningful way.

Instead, you spout that this is a non-issue, that your beliefs and the way you practice them, do not influence others, despite evidence to the contrary.

Continue being ignorant if you must, but expect to be opposed at every turn. Because as long as there are lives in the balance, people who are willing to learn, and human beings who have need of something more than a complacent fairy tale to lull them to sleep while others scream in agony...

...me and others like me will be there to show you just how wrong you are for insisting that everyone just shut up instead of fixing these problems with your stupid religion.

That’s only in rare occasions, especially among the sects.
Are you claiming the world would’ve been a much better place to live in without religion?
Without Christianity? That there would be order in this world without it? That religion is a cause of the world’s imperfections?
You can have your intellectual reasoning, for I assure you that’s all you will ever have
You are obviously being very biased, can you claim that all religions cause harm to their followers?
For who can say the same, you are just as ignorant as we think of you to be.
Right or wrong, yes it isn’t a matter of right or wrong, for who could really tell?
Unless you are saying you are right, therefore all the religious are wrong.
You’re so full of yourself; I don’t even feel the complacency to answer to you
You cannot simply change a person’s views of right or wrong, therefore I said it doesn’t matter here.
This is a public forum, where one’s words don’t usually make a big difference in the life of a stranger.
Change usually comes from experience; truth comes when you search for it, and not when it is being thrown to you by someone who claims they’re right
You know what, you obviously are a very brilliant person, but I do honestly pity you for your lack of consideration.
I’m surprised to say how my remarks have intrigued you so. I wouldn’t think anyone would be offended by something so minimal
God bless you, for surely you need a miracle.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff