Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vestri Umbra

I can't speak for everyone here, but many of us actually care about whats true. We want to share our beliefs and speak to others about them so that we may better each other and our understanding of the world. It's not about bashing. I'm not sure anyone in the ED truly hates or dislikes anyone else. We just disagree with each other.

QFT

I let people say their opinions, as long as they understand that they are opinions. I was once a Moron who roamed around and thought everything I said was true. Then a few people debated against me, and I came to realize what the truth really is.

I just want to share a broader view of how we should look at things academically. I like to refute myths and fallacies. I want to show people how illogical some ideas are.

If this looks like "fighting over religion", then I cannot help it.
Vestri Umbra
Dizzy_Solace
Vestri Umbra
We Are Organisms
stealthmongoose
classic trashic

listen. i'd like to help you, but my bf is puking mcchickens and coke all over the trailer, so imma have to wrap this up some other time.

That post was intended for you to read whenever you have time. Don't let our "Stupid", "Hateful", "Harmful" argument get in the way of your responsibilities, lest you elevate the importance of forum comments to those of Facebook, of which people are apparently hired and fired as a basis from.
She's not busy, she just replied to my memorable dreams and nightmares topic. So she is prolly just trolling, for some reason. lol. Most people would deal with their bf's puke mess then go back on the computer anyways, or let their boyfriend clean it themselves. So I just ignored her now. Her name fits her theme too, so she is obviously trolling actually.

Lets hope so. I would rather deal with intentional, dishonest trolling than honest, close minded ignorance. :/
Is that why you ignored me from this thread, you think Im ignorant? Yes I am We Are Organisms. I get a little mad sometimes, but thats because the person was being stubbornly ignorant. That or a mod blocked me from here, and not the rest of this subforum for some odd reason, so I am sure you were the one who blocked me. Well I apologize for my rude behavior. Doesn't really mean I am wrong though.

Amico,
"Lets hope so."
This initial statement acts to present a shared concern.

"I would rather deal with intentional, dishonest trolling than honest, close minded ignorance."

This statement acts as a supplement to the previous one. It builds upon the "hope" that Trashic is in fact a troll because dealing with "intentional, dishonest trolling" would be better than having Trashic be a person of "honest, close minded ignorance". The general tone of the sentence, which acquires distinction mainly from the frown emoticon at the end of it " :/ " is meant to suggest that the latter of the two alternatives presented above would be tragic".

I was not calling you close minded, or ignorant.
Ok I made a mistake since after I put her on ignore, um, you were the second poster, it was a stupid msitake since you even quoted her however xd

Hallowed Hunter

classic trashic
why do you all fight over religion?

Because baiting fanatics is just to damn fun not too...

Aged Lunatic

I don't really get into fights over religion until it starts affecting laws over my non-believing a**.

Aged Lunatic

la Grey
Post thread in ED
Become overwhelmed with intelligent responses
Get ignored
Go back to the GD with tail between legs and act like its a victory
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/the-gd/some-eder-put-me-on-ignore/t.84142465_1/

Such delicious tears! I can't even begin to thank you for showing me this!
I Believe In Islam, and I believe that all other religions are wrong.
I'm not denying it
Islam to Me is the Right Religion
I don't fight or kill a person of a different faith though

Onion Princess's Other Half

Witty Fatcat

Because some religions state that they are better and must kill unbelievers for starters....

Aged Lunatic

Vestri Umbra
. I'm not sure anyone in the ED truly hates or dislikes anyone else. We just disagree with each other.

You'd be wrong.

There are people around here I truly despise, namely Prince Ikari, Octane, Christ The Holy Son, Neurocracy, Fscmidt and Kuja, who I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
GunsmithKitten
Vestri Umbra
. I'm not sure anyone in the ED truly hates or dislikes anyone else. We just disagree with each other.

You'd be wrong.

There are people around here I truly despise, namely Prince Ikari, Octane, Christ The Holy Son, Neurocracy, Fscmidt and Kuja, who I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

On that subject, is Christ the Holy Son a troll or is he just someone who's adopted the figure of Jesus the way Batman adopted the figure of a bat but without the intelligence, stamina, charisma, wealth, or resources of Batman?

Aged Lunatic

stealthmongoose
GunsmithKitten
Vestri Umbra

You'd be wrong.

On that subject, is Christ the Holy Son a troll or is he just someone who's adopted the figure of Jesus the way Batman adopted the figure of a bat but without the intelligence, stamina, charisma, wealth, or resources of Batman?

Don't know, don't care.
classic trashic
littlebluewolfdemon
classic trashic
I mean, who cares? it doesn't matter who's right anymore. all you do is fight with each other. it doesn't matter what you believe in. all that matters is how you act in life. whether you are atheists, or muslim, or christian, or anything, you should all be nice to each other. you'll be a lot happier.

As stated by the person above me, people care bout what is true and what isnt. The people in ED dont really hate each other to the point where we will fight, literally, over it. Its more that we discuss it and show our sides of it more than anything else. Some people do care, others dont.

when you tell people their beliefs are stupid, that moves from discussion to bashing. discussion would be like, "I disagree for these reasons," and you would do it in a civilizehttp://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyqlo2m4O41qb9x3vo1_500.gifd manner. or be like, "I am Muslim because. . ." that kind of stuff.

There are people who think telling someone else's religious views are stupid, most likely believe its a legit 'discussion' related thing. Its just being, most likely, ignorance because of the fact they dont know that much, or dont know what else to say. I say just move on, and not care.

AcidStrips's Husband

Dangerous Conversationalist

8,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
littlebluewolfdemon
classic trashic
littlebluewolfdemon
classic trashic
I mean, who cares? it doesn't matter who's right anymore. all you do is fight with each other. it doesn't matter what you believe in. all that matters is how you act in life. whether you are atheists, or muslim, or christian, or anything, you should all be nice to each other. you'll be a lot happier.

As stated by the person above me, people care bout what is true and what isnt. The people in ED dont really hate each other to the point where we will fight, literally, over it. Its more that we discuss it and show our sides of it more than anything else. Some people do care, others dont.

when you tell people their beliefs are stupid, that moves from discussion to bashing. discussion would be like, "I disagree for these reasons," and you would do it in a civilizehttp://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyqlo2m4O41qb9x3vo1_500.gifd manner. or be like, "I am Muslim because. . ." that kind of stuff.

There are people who think telling someone else's religious views are stupid, most likely believe its a legit 'discussion' related thing. Its just being, most likely, ignorance because of the fact they dont know that much, or dont know what else to say. I say just move on, and not care.

My religion includes the dogma of 2 + 2 equaling 3. If you called this belief stupid, you would be right. You're not respecting me by taking my creeds at face value and ignoring their relevance to reality. If you were respectful you would challenge me on all of my claims that you disagree with, because to respect another human being is to observe their intelligence for what it is.

Ignorance is the idea of accepting or refusing to disagree with beliefs for the sake of sunshine and smiley faces.
stealthmongoose
GunsmithKitten
Vestri Umbra

You'd be wrong.

He is a Noobz now, apparently.

Questionable Shapeshifter

19,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Rat Conqueror 500
stealthmongoose
littlebluewolfdemon
classic trashic
littlebluewolfdemon
classic trashic

My religion includes the dogma of 2 + 2 equaling 3. If you called this belief stupid, you would be right. You're not respecting me by taking my creeds at face value and ignoring their relevance to reality. If you were respectful you would challenge me on all of my claims that you disagree with, because to respect another human being is to observe their intelligence for what it is.

Ignorance is the idea of accepting or refusing to disagree with beliefs for the sake of sunshine and smiley faces.

OK, but supposed this dogma comes from a culture where they count 1,2,4,3,5. A short amount of discussion would eventually reveal that and clear up the confusion. But leading w, "You're wrong," will only lead to needless conflict. A challenge need not be made disrespetfully.

Everyone thinks this is about disagreement. That's a smokescreen. Some of the people I've gotten into the most drawn out, peal the onion, debates with later sent me friend requests. The problem is flat out rudeness.

"I don't think I can agree with you b/c of these points. Would you care to address them?"

"You believe that s**t? God, you're a moron."

Now of those two examples, which one is interested in having a discussion, and which one is just trolling? Not hard to figure out, is it? yet you call the second one on trolling and the defense will be that disagreeing isn't trolling, thus using the smokescreen as an excuse why they can be as rude as they like, and nobody can say anything.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff