Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bruce Lee 545
"O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness, that ye may take away part of the dower [money given by the husband to the wife for the marriage contract] ye have given them, except where they have been guilty of open lewdness; on the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a thing, and God brings about through it a great deal of good. (The Noble Quran, 4:19)"

http://answering-christianity.com/ac9.htm#links

women are not equal to men You've neglected the fact that women are merely property. if she is a good wife, you treat them well... if they aren't you can treat them as foully as you desire.

its in the same respect of being forced to accept peace when offered. but to believe its a true peace, that is beyond foolish. as soon as you fall out of line with the arrangement -pow- straight to the moon.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Born of Aphrodite
Bruce Lee 545
"O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness, that ye may take away part of the dower [money given by the husband to the wife for the marriage contract] ye have given them, except where they have been guilty of open lewdness; on the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a thing, and God brings about through it a great deal of good. (The Noble Quran, 4:19)"

women are not equal to men You've neglected the fact that women are merely property. if she is a good wife, you treat them well... if they aren't you can treat them as foully as you desire.

its in the same respect of being forced to accept peace when offered. but to believe its a true peace, that is beyond foolish. as soon as you fall out of line with the arrangement -pow- straight to the moon.

Alll ten of those verses are not sexist in any way, when taken in context.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Born of Aphrodite
Bruce Lee 545

Everyone considered women property back then.

Invisible Phantom

8,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
Stereotypes, that is all. Most of the terrorists that we hear about- boom, they're Muslim. Therefore, all terrorists must be Muslim, and all Muslims must be terrorists! Yay!

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Because they're "the enemy" right now. There are anti-Western Islamic groups who carry out terrorist attacks, some of which have been successful. We're having feuds with various Middle Eastern countries, which are predominantly Muslim. People see the enemy, notice said enemy is Muslim, and then associates all Muslims with the enemy. Happens with different groups during every period of wartime.
Unnoticed Person
Or just why do people hate Muslim? Or just Islam?
People kept calling them ''Terrorists'' while they're not.

Explain why?

I pity my friend and she wants to know why people do so.
Why do people hate Islam.
She follows the the Islam rule; she fasts, she pray. She covers herself. She's very pure and nice.

I was not made aware that Muslims must be loved by everyone. I was also not made aware that hating Islam and/or Muslims was objectively held as wrong. Additionally, I also was not made aware that I was calling Muslims terrorists... I guess I have no clue about anything happening around me *Looks at original poster* Or maybe... You have no clue what you are talking about. I can only speculate on how entitled your friend feels.

By-the-way, would the boogie-man be considered a terrorist?

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Quote:
Cigars and Whiskey
Bruce Lee 545
GunsmithKitten
Easy. I hate it because of what it teaches about women, and what happens to cultures when it adopts it. ******** Sharia.

NOT TRUE ISLAM IS A RELIGION WHERE BOTH MAN AND WOMAN ARE EQUAL

Really? Are you sure? I wasn't aware that equality means that punitive action is considered acceptable for driving a car.

Your statement would have more of an impact if you actually showed that those actions were done according to Islamic law, but they weren't. There is no such thing as "women can't drive" or "honor killings" in Islam.

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
Born of Aphrodite
Bruce Lee 545

Where in the world does it mention THAT?
This is classic.

I love how all followers of Islam use the same excuse.

"Why do you hate us?! We're not terrorists! crying "

There's other reasons not to like Islam. Your mentality is ridiculous. You have to give up your whole life for one God. Because some random person stayed in a cave and had a mental vision. rolleyes

Not only is your religion the most restrictive, but you guys are literally nuts for the most part.

Even in Indonesia, the largest Muslim country, you got the Islamic Defenders Group, which have committed so many crimes and murders.

It was even on the news in Indonesia that someone got beaten to death with stones and rocks because they decided to convert to Christianity.

But above all, it's your Sharia law. Sorry, but it's literally nuts. Not to mention that most Muslims are trying to convert countries to this law and convert it's people to these laws.

Anyone who doesn't believe in your God must die.

Oh and your Quran as well. I know most Muslims consider Islam as the religion of peace, but if you've read the Quran (and I have out of curiosity) you'll realize that all your peaceful statements are null and void until Islam is the only religion on earth. So no, it will never be a peaceful religion. Period.
gothic_sweetheart
Born of Aphrodite
Bruce Lee 545

He posted a link with quotes from the Quran. Go read the verses listed and you'd obviously understand where it says such things.

http://infidelsarecool.com/2008/01/top-10-quran-quotes-every-woman-must-see/

If you didn't see the link ^^^^^

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
WaRori-Chan

There's other reasons not to like Islam. Your mentality is ridiculous. You have to give up your whole life for one God. Because some random person stayed in a cave and had a mental vision. rolleyes

It's no different than the mentality of most other religions, however that's beside the point.
Only one revelation came in the cave, the rest came everywhere else.

Quote:
Not only is your religion the most restrictive, but you guys are literally nuts for the most part
The most restrictive religion?
Not even by a long shot, Orthodox Judaism, Theravaden Buddhism , many sects of the Vedic tradition, Bahai, all are much more restrictive than Islam when followed correctly.

Quote:
Even in Indonesia, the largest Muslim country, you got the Islamic Defenders Group, which have committed so many crimes and murders.

Which is representative of the Majority in what way?

Quote:
It was even on the news in Indonesia that someone got beaten to death with stones and rocks because they decided to convert to Christianity.

It was in the news recently in America, that some Christians killed a woman for converting out of Christianity, ive heard the same storys very often in many African states as well.
I remember a while ago an acquaintance of mine was killed for converting to Islam.

Quote:
Anyone who doesn't believe in your God must die.

What a ridiculous and wholey innacurate statement, both by what the Qur'an states, how Mohammed(pbuh) acted, and how Islamic states have run since they began.

This has quite simply never been the practice, the philosophy, or the legislation.

Quote:
Oh and your Quran as well. I know most Muslims consider Islam as the religion of peace, but if you've read the Quran (and I have out of curiosity) you'll realize that all your peaceful statements are null and void until Islam is the only religion on earth. So no, it will never be a peaceful religion. Period.

After having read the Qur'an I think about sixty?(maybe) times now, and memorizing close to half, I can also say this is an incorrect statement.

Conservative Dabbler

8,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
gothic_sweetheart
Born of Aphrodite
Bruce Lee 545

It doesn't, as always the same few verses are ripped out of context, and then twisted into a hateful message unrepresentative of Islam in theory or in practice.

You know sis, the same as usual.

Salaam

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Try reading from Surah in the quaran; it's filled with all of the reasons why people don't like muslim extremists.

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
WaRori-Chan
gothic_sweetheart
Born of Aphrodite
Bruce Lee 545

He posted a link with quotes from the Quran. Go read the verses listed and you'd obviously understand where it says such things.

http://infidelsarecool.com/2008/01/top-10-quran-quotes-every-woman-must-see/

If you didn't see the link ^^^^^
No I saw the link, clicked it, and went over all the 10 verses that were taken out of context, but no where did it say that " treat them as foully as you desire".

Seriously, why make stuff up?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces